Are you looking for a device that will let you access streaming videos, music, gaming, and other useful data on the internet seamlessly from any corner of your house? Then think about getting a high-performance 10 gigabit router. To eliminate your confusion on how to pick up the best 10GB router in 2023, we have highlighted the best ones along with a section on how to choose them.
What Is 10Gb Ethernet and What Can You Do with It?
10GbE or 10 Gigabit Ethernet is a set of standards and technologies used to send data at ultra-fast speed. It equates to sending 10 billion data bits in a second. The latest computers and drivers in the market can read files at an astonishing speed of 10Gbps, in such a scenario 1G networks are surely a bottleneck to get high data transfer rates. A 10GbE network can help achieve high data transfer rates easily.
List of The Best 10GB Router
Check out the thorough review of the best 10GB router in 2023 below.
1. ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 10Gb Router (GT-AX11000)
It is one of the best 10gb routers with high-end performance specially designed for gamers. Besides home users can use it to communicate with the latest smart gadgets they have in their homes.
Not surprising though, the high price of the 10GbE router is justifiable due to its tri-band networking and high performance that is in line with other similar routers of this kind.
- You can increase the gaming speed or the traffic with its triple-level acceleration using the device and prioritizing the game packet and game server.
- It comes with a special gaming port and a 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core CPU. The cutting-edge hardware provides you the ultimate gaming experience.
- ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi is designed to runs on mesh network configuration and provides coverage to your entire home. It has got a 1GB RAM and 256MB Flash Memory Card.
- Monitor and control traffic with advanced network and control settings like the device bandwidth utilization and prioritization of device or usage.
- Ability to connect with other Wi-Fi devices and is backward compatible with other Wi-Fi devices with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard.
- Operates on tri-band frequencies 2.4 GigaHertz, 5 GigaHertz 1, and 5 GigaHertz 2.
Pros And Cons
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Quad-Stream 10Gb Router
This amazing 10G router is equipped with a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU and has dual-band 802.11ac that can provide speed up to 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz whereas on the 5GHz the speed may go up to 1733 Mbps. It also supports Multiple input and Multiple output for Multi user (MU-MIMO) data streaming for 802.11ad standard that operates at 60GHz band and can achieve speeds as high as 4,600 Mbps. Although, the same can only be achieved when other devices also support 802.11ad networking standard. What’s more, you can directly plug in computers, streaming players, gaming consoles, and other wired devices using 6 gigabit ethernet and one 10G SFP+ port to obtain very high speed on wired devices.
- High on performance with a wireless coverage area of up to 2500 sq. ft. and high speed up to 800, 1733 and 4600 Mbps using tri-band 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 60GHz respectively.
- High streaming videos, gaming stuff, internet surfing, and connection with all the smart devices at your home make it one of the best 10GB Routers.
- It has a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor, MU-MIMO, 4 antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Alexa voice control, and much more to offer.
- The Nighthawk app has smart parental control features that let you manage devices and help you to filter out website traffic.
Pros And Cons
3. ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6 10Gb Router (RT-AX89X)
This high-performing 10GB router has got some amazing looks and a whole lot of features you can boast of. It can work seamlessly as a standalone router or integrates well with your smart devices at your home forming a mesh network.
It has got dual 10G ports and eight high performing antennas with link aggregation and dual WAN features to provide excellent speed over the network. Get complete data security for a lifetime with free online protection and AiMesh.
- Provides high throughput and efficiency using the futuristic WiFi 6 – 802.11ax standard.
- It provides 12 high-speed 6Gbps streams to handle all the traffic in the busiest networks effortlessly.
- 8 LAN ports and 8 high performing antennas provides wider usage to support multiple clients
- AiProtection Pro provides high-end security by blocking malicious traffic coming from the internet.
- Supports network mesh technology and compatible with AiMesh enabled Wi-Fi system to provide seamless connectivity to all smart devices.
Pros And Cons
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 10Gb Router (RAX200)
Nighthawk 12-Stream Tri-Band WiFi 6 router is one of the best 10gb routers in its class. You can stream unlimited movies, videos, games, music, video calls at the same time, transfer data at 10.8 Gbps speed, and much more. It works with the latest devices like Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, and iPhone 11.
This 10gbps router can work with all internet service providers that include cable, fiber, satellite, DSL, and others providing speed up to 2Gbps.
- Easy to set up, connect with your existing modem and gets synchronized with the Nighthawk app in a few minutes.
- Use USB ports to connect with an external storage device that can be accessed from anywhere within the network.
- Provides complete data security with NETGEAR ARMOR (30-day free trial) to protect your data from theft, malware, and viruses.
- Smart features like viewing site history pages, pausing or scheduling internet access, setting online usage limits, websites filter, and much more
- Four 1G ports and one 2.5G Ethernet port can be used to plug in streaming players, laptops, PC, game consoles, and other wired devices.
- 1.8 GHz quad-core processor, MU-MIMO, OFDMA, 1024-QAM, Dynamic Qos, smart connect, beamforming technologies, and last but not least Amazon Alexa Voice Control lets you manage and control all your home devices.
Pros And Cons
5. Mikrotik 24 Port 10Gbps Ethernet Router
It is a feature packed 10Gbps router in the lower price range. Of course, it does not have all the features available in other switches with higher price range still its value for money. It has 24 gigabit PoE-enabled ports and 4 10Gbps SFP+ ports. These PoE routers can handle high-power devices to obtain 30W of power for each device.
One of the interesting features of this router is that it can run on two different operating systems RouterOS and SwOS. This is due to the dual boot functionality of this 10Gbps router.
- SwOS is a simple operating system with layer 2 functionalities. To access other layer 3 features the switch needs to work on RouterOS. You can choose the operating system from the BOOT loader settings.
- The product has a non-blocking layer 2 switching capacity. It has a 16K host table and supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN maximum of 4k VLANs Port isolation.
- It has standard port security features, Port mirroring of ingress and egress traffic, broadcast storm control, MSTP, STP, RSTP, and Access Control List.
- It supports neighbor discovery, IGMP snooping, IEEE 802.3ad standard, SNMP jumbo frames (10218-byte), static link aggregation, and more.
Pros And Cons
6. Ubiquiti Networks UniFi UAP XG 10 Gbps (10 Gbps Enterprise Wi-Fi Access Point)
The UniFi 10gbps router ecosystem allows a system integrator to efficiently design and create wireless networks of different sizes with unlimited scalability.
UniFi XG AP has built-in dedicated radio hardware for security and monitoring. This allows the integrator to keep an eye on site performance, local interferers, and channel planning that helps him evaluate the performance of the network like changing interference, and potential security threats and take necessary action accordingly.
UniFi controller software is accessible through UniFi mobile app and helps you in deployments of high-density client areas that require low latency for high performance.
- It has Quad-Radio 802.11ac Access Point with Radio Hardware for security. Dedicated hardware to control the quality of service, user control, and client management.
- It provides a maximum throughput of up to 2.53 Gbps. Supports both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz frequency bands for maximum throughput and less latency for users.
- Dual-Band with 4×4 Multi-User MIMO to maximize client accessibility.
- Uses beamforming technology in which multiple antennas are used to send and receive data that increases overall throughput and range.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 10Gb Router?
With a whole lot of options available in the market choosing the right one could be sometimes tricky. Here are some of the basic things to consider that will help you decide the best 10Gb Router to purchase.
1. Wireless Technology
Wireless technology standards have changed a lot over the past few years. Most new PC, laptops, smartphones, and other smart devices now use newer wireless networking standards like 802.11ac that makes them capable of achieving high Wi-Fi speed and overall performance.
Look for the best 10Gb router available in the market that supports the latest standards when your ISP provider offers high speed and you want to leverage it.
The price is one of the most important considerations when choosing a 10GbE router. It may vary from a meager $50 to as high as $500. When deciding on price you must keep in mind that if the internet speed your ISP provider offering is somewhere between 30Mbps to 40 Mbps then you don’t need to spend on a high-end router with the features that you won’t use. On the other hand, there are routers in the market that promises speed as high as 500 Mbps to 4,600 Mbps over Wi-Fi networks and some advanced traffic monitoring and control features. So going for the best 10Gb Router in 2021 with the latest features will help you get the desired speed for your office or home environments.
3. Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Fiber is the future of communication so having a router with a gigabit Ethernet for high data transfer rates could be a good idea. It might not be as common yet but most of the latest routers are coming with gigabit ports to achieve high Wi-Fi speeds. So having a router with a gigabit port will make you future ready and it may delay your next upgrade by few more years.
4. Single or Multi-band
Many latest 10G routers support dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) frequencies. Among them, 2.4GHz is the most widely used frequency band used by a large number of devices and hence communication on this frequency band may lead to congestion. On the other hand, the 5GHz band is relatively new and less crowded and can be used along with 2.4 GHz to achieve high Wi-Fi speeds.
So if you are in a crowded area having a dual-band 10GbE router might help you obtain high-speed internet. Whereas if your speed requirements are much less having a single band router is enough to suffice all your needs.
5. USB Ports
A USB port can help you connect your printer (without wireless capabilities) to your wireless network. Although most modern day printers are coming with wireless technology and can connect with your network wirelessly.
One of the other uses of the USB port is to connect network storage with the router. You can just plug in a flash storage drive or HDD into your router to share the data with any device on the wireless network. You can use it as a network media hub for streaming television shows, latest movies, and other entertainment stuff.
6. Smart Features
With continuous innovations, the present day routers are much smarter than their previous counterparts. For instance, Google’s On Hub routers let you control all your home devices on a wireless network very easily. Now you can prioritize your traffic for streaming videos, gaming, and other kinds of traffic using the traffic monitoring and control features available on most of the advanced routers. With parental control features, you can block certain websites and do much more. Options are limitless you have to make the right decision as per your needs and requirements.
FAQs When Picking The Best 10Gb Router
1. What Is Wi-Fi 6?
Wi-Fi 6 also known as 802.11ax is the latest standard used by advanced wireless devices to get better performance, increased capacity, and throughput of the Wi-Fi network. Theoretically, it increases the overall throughput from 5.4Gbps to a maximum of 9.6 Gbps. It uses the Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) protocol to increase the throughput by breaking the Wi-Fi channel into sub-channels. Using this technique up to 30 users can share a Wi-Fi channel at the same time.
2. Should You Upgrade To 10GbE?
A 10GbE network will easily upgrade your download speed to several gigs so that you will be able to share high definition movies and videos and other stuff on the network in no time. If you are professional then you might need to share your project in real-time with your colleague and you wouldn’t like your high-quality workflow to lag due to speed issues. A high quality 10GbE network can help you achieve all this and much more.
3. How to set up a 10 Gbps network?
First of all, it is mandatory that all the network elements like gateways, cables, and clients are 10G capable. The network gateway will help you connect all devices at 10Gbps speed. A 10G switch and 10G WiFi 6 router can be added to the existing network to maximize performance. Secondly, the clients should support 10GbE ports. Most of the smart devices like Mac Pro, Mac Mini (10GbE version), iMac Pro, and other high end PCs and laptops have built-in 10 GbE Ports. When your clients do not have the required ports then you can add Network Interface Controllers or NIC cards that can support 10GbE networks.
10GbE routers may carry a high price tag, but in addition to serving a large number of devices, they also offer really faster speeds than the average router. Do some online research to find out the best 10gb router in 2023 that has all the features you are looking for. Check online reviews and pricing being offered by sellers. Your final choice should be governed by your personnel requirements and not just by the market trend. Hope this will help you make the right choice to make your final pick for the best 10 gigabit router.
Enjoyed the 10gb router review? Then be sure to check out our other guides.
- Best 2.5GB Router
- Best IoT Router
- Best 10GbE NAS
- Best 8TB Internal SSD
- Best 8TB Internal Hard Drive
- Best 8TB External SSD
- Best 4TB Internal SSD
- Best 4TB External SSD
- Best 10GB Network Card
- Best GDDR5 Graphics Card
- Best 12GB Graphics Card
- Best LGA 1151 CPU
- Best PCIe 5.0 Motherboard
- Best Tablet Oscilloscope
- Best OTDR Tester