The hard drives are decent options when it comes to enhancing the storage space of your system. The issue faced when using hard drives is they may become sluggish. In those cases, internal SSDs prove to be excellent alternatives. Internal means that these drives connect to your computer via a cable. You must determine the capacity you need when picking an internal SSD and 4TB internal SSD is ideal for a wide range of applications that demand fast data transfer and ample storage space.
Adding a 4TB internal SSD to your computer works as a cost-effective upgrade solution. To end up choosing the best 4TB internal SSD as per your needs, you can go through the below selection.
List of The Best 4TB Internal SSD
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 4TB internal SSD below.
For IT professionals, creators, or everyday users, this Samsung SSD proves to be versatile and a reliable storage solution. It offers outstanding performance, compatibility, and reliability since it is implemented with Samsung’s pioneering technology. It can be equipped with computer systems, NAS, motherboards, and video recording devices.
Not just the ample storage space but the fast transfer speed and stable performance make it the best 4TB internal SSD on this list. Any laptop or desktop containing a standard 2.5 inch SATA form factor can upgrade to this SSD.
It comes with SAMSUNG magician software. It lets you easily manage your drive and improve its performance using tools that stay in line with the latest updates. Also, this software assists you to supervise the health status of your drive.
- The SATA interface provides sequential read speed up to 560 MB/s and sequential write speed up to 530 MB/s. Therefore, this 870 QVO SSD enhances random access speed and offers sustained performance.
- The maximum reliability is up to 2,880 TBW through an advanced refined ECC algorithm for steady performance
- The efficient MKX controller leads to steady performance when multitasking.
- 6th generation VNAND offers reduce lag.
- 600 TBW of endurance makes this SSD suitable for everyday computing and 8K video processing.
Pros And Cons
This Western Digital 4TB SSD offers great reliability and performance boost to your system. It is recommended for business and personal usages. The 2.5-inch form factor makes sure it can work well for compact PC builds.
The superior NVMe solution provides four times the performance of the high-end SATA SSDs from this manufacturer. So, your system attains the required performance boost. The fast-speed operations imply that this SSD works better than a few of the best-performing drives. Hence, gamers get a competitive edge.
- Sequential read speeds are up to 560 MB/s and the sequential write speeds are up to 530 MB/s.
- It comes with 1.75M hours of mean time to failure (MTTF) and up to 600 TBW of endurance for excellent reliability.
- With the WD F.I.T. Lab certification, this SSD is compatible with a broad range of computers.
- There is an inclusion of free downloadable software to supervise your drive’s status. It also assists you in backup your data and cloning a drive.
- The active power draw is up to 25% lower than the previous generations of WD Blue SSD.
Pros And Cons
Now you can speed up your PC for blazing-fast gaming and graphics, and faster boot‐up with the help of this SanDisk Ultra 4TB SSD. When you equip it in your computer, you will perceive that file transfer becomes quicker and applications load faster. Apart from these benefits, you will benefit from prolonged battery life, and a cooler & quieter computing experience. This is why this internal SSD is one of the best 4TB internal SSD from SanDisk.
It optimizes the performance of your system by writing everything into the high‐speed buffer. This is carried out before moving files into the flash array. Furthermore, this advanced architecture facilitates faster bursts speeds. For 4K video and image editing and storage, this SSD is a reliable choice.
- Maximum sequential read speeds are up to 560 MB/s and maximum sequential write speeds are up to 530 MB/s.
- The 3D NAND offers superb endurance to make sure your drive lasts longer and utilizes less power.
- The nCache 2.0 technology offers blazing-fast speeds
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C interface is implemented.
- The range of operating temperature is 0°C to 70°C.
- The form factor is 2.5 inches.
Pros And Cons
Some of the key attributes of this WD_BLACK 4TB internal SSD are super quiet and ultra-fast operation. With the added storage presented by this drive, it is needless to spare time clearing out space on your PC or console for new games. So, now you can store your favorites’ collection intact although your library grows. For those enthusiasts who are building custom desktops or gaming rigs, this 4TB internal gaming SSD is an ideal choice.
- Connectivity technology is SATA.
- Sequential read/write speeds are up to 3400 MB/s.
- With RAM caching of 4 GB, there is a significant improvement in the read/write speeds.
- The portable form factor of M.2 2280 lets the drive sustain battlefields owing to its shock-resistant and durable design. The exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with the gaming mode enhances game performance.
Pros And Cons
This Sabrent 4TB SSD conveys all the benefits of flash disk technology through the PCIe Gen4.0 x4 interface. Every Sabrent SSD including this one comes with free Sabrent Acronis true image for Sabrent software to facilitate easy cloning.
This SSD is extremely beneficial for those who need a precise sector size to clone their existing SSDs. In those cases, the newly released Sabrent utility of this drive allows users to re-format the Rocket drive and select the sector size of their liking (512-bytes or 4K bytes). Power consumption is significantly lower than conventional hard drives. This aspect makes this 4TB internal SSD the finest embedded solution for the latest computer systems.
- Connectivity technology used is PCIe NVMe.
- NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface is used.
- This SSD is PCIe 4.0 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
- Maximum read speed is up to 3400 MB/s.
- The form factor is M.2.
- With the help of the built-in TLC NAND Flash memory, the performance speeds soar up to 7100 MB/s (read) and 6600 MB/s (write) while using a PCIe Gen4 motherboard. When a PCIe Gen3 motherboard is used, the performance speeds are up to 3400 MB/s (read) and up to 3000 MB/s (write).
- Power Management Support is provided for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
- SMART and TRIM commands are supported.
- ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2, and ONFi 4.0 interfaces are supported.
- Other features include Advanced Wear Leveling, Error Correction Code, Bad Block Management, and Over-Provision.
- The SSD weighs 0.2 ounces and dimensions are 3.15 (L) x 0.86 (W) x 0.11 (H) inches.
Pros And Cons
The PCIe bus in this XPG 4TB SSD offers blazing-fast read speed. This speed is quite faster than that provided by the SATA bus. This also results in a boost in the overall performance of your system. When it comes to versatility, this XPG drive can be the best 4TB internal SSD. The reason is that it is widely used for photo and video editing, 3D animation, rendering, and other intense applications.
- Maximum read speeds are up to 3500 MB/s and maximum write speeds are up to 3000 MB/s.
- The interface used is NVMe PCIe 3×4.
- The form factor is M.2 2280.
- It can work with those M. 2 slot motherboards that support PCIe NVMe or M Key with NVMe interface.
- The SSD weighs 0.3 ounce and dimensions are 3.15 (L) x 0.87 (W) x 0.14 (H) inches.
- 5 years limited manufacturer warranty is included.
Pros And Cons
For computers and laptops, this Inland Platinum SSD serves as the ultimate gaming solution. It can be used for notebooks, ultrabooks, and desktops. A thermal pad is not needed. However, you require an M.2 NVME M Key compatible slot. Whether you are a photo editor or graphic designer or programmer or computer hobbyist, this NVMe SSD offers quick shutdown, boot-up, and high-performance data transfer speeds. So, these features make it one of the best 4TB internal SSD.
The small M.2 2280 form factor is double-sided. Consequently, this SSD is broadly compatible with most of the latest laptops, ultrabooks, notebooks, and other mobile computing devices. The implemented 3D NAND flash technology improves your PC performance. It is this technology that provides higher storage capacities and simultaneously reduces your power consumption and operating expenses. The reduction in power consumption implies a boost in the efficiency and performance of your system.
- Maximum read speeds are up to 3400 MB/s and maximum write speeds are up to 3000 MB/s.
- NVMe 1.3 and PCIe Express Base 3.1 are supported.
- The built-in thermal sensor prevents SSD components from excessive heating while carrying out high-speed read and write operations.
- The average lifespan is up to 1,500,000 hours.
- Built-in features like Advanced Flash Management, Advance Wear-Leveling, SMART & TRIM commands, Bad Block Management, and Over-Provision technology enhance the precision of data transfer. Also, these features enhance the service life of the flash memory.
- There is power manager support for the APST / ASPM / L1.2.
- This SSD comes with 1,500G, 0.5ms shock resistance.
- 3 years limited parts and labor warranty is included.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 4TB Internal SSD?
Streamline your buying decision for the best 4TB internal SSD after considering the factors discussed below.
1. Read/write speed
Determine how frequently you need to transfer data and accordingly choose a suitable internal SSD. Many of the top-notch 4 TB internal SSDs from reliable manufacturers features read and write speeds up to 3400Mb/s or even more. The read/write speed of an internal SDD suggests how rapidly it can deal with data and the execution of tasks. For intensive professional tasks or gaming, you need to choose an internal SSD with a very fast read/write speed.
2. Bus type
Two prominent bus types used in these internal SSDs are SATA and PCI Express.
The Serial ATA is the old bus standard that works as both a physical interface and a bus type. The SATA interface is competent for sequentially reading and writing at speeds up to 600MBps in an ideal scenario. There will be some decrement in this speed limit considering the overhead processes. The majority of the SATA SSDs boast speeds up to 550 Mbps.
Another bus type i.e. PCI Express interface is famous for boasting faster speed. Presently, the majority of the famous PCI Express SSDs are mounted into an M.2 slot. It is vital to make sure your M.2 slot supports a PCIe drive. This is because some internal SSDs only support PCIe whereas some support both SATA and PCI Express interfaces.
3. Form factor
If you are building a new PC from scratch then you need an internal M.2 or 2.5-inch SATA SSD. Generally, a 2.5-inch SATA drive is worthwhile if you are building or upgrading from older hardware. This is because nearly all new motherboards presently support at least one M.2 slot. Such SSDs save a lot of space for a compact PC build. Since the drive electronics are quite smaller than 2.5 inches, the corresponding enclosure is designed slightly wider to perfectly fit into the same mounting brackets in your laptop or desktop used by 2.5-inch drives.
M.2 drives are available in various lengths. The most common of the 5 M.2 SSD sizes is Type-2280 that represents 22 mm width and 80 mm length.
MTTF stands for Mean Time To Failure. Choose an internal SSD that comes with the least possible failure rate i.e. it continues to work reliably for hours. Some of the best 4 TB internal SSDs come with 1.75M hours MTTF.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking The Best 4TB Internal SSD
1. What needs to be considered when upgrading to an internal SSD?
When buying the best 4TB internal SSD for upgrading your system, begin figuring out what your system accepts. Figure out whether it only accepts a 2.5-inch SATA drive or possesses an M.2 slot. Also, determine what length of M.2 drive could it take and what bus type is used.
2. How does the cost per gigabyte prove to be helpful when buying a 4 TB internal SSD?
The cost per gigabyte gives you a baseline to easily compare one drive with another. It also determines whether or not it proves to be a good value considering the durability rating and features.
3. What is the importance of a warranty when purchasing an internal SSD?
The included warranty gives you a chance of replacement in case the internal SSD fails. Many of the 4 TB internal SSDs come with 5 years of the warranty period.
In terms of storage capacity, speed, fast bootup time, compatibility, and multitasking, these are the recommended 4TB internal SSDs. When you equip your system with the best 4TB internal SSD, you get rid of inadequate storage space and there will be a boost in overall system performance. Many mainstream desktops and laptops are now equipped with such SSDs instead of hard drives as primary storage solutions.
Enjoyed this 4TB internal SSD review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best 8TB Internal SSD.