Whether it is home or office, outstanding wireless capability is the prime demand. To accomplish daily tasks or for entertainment, you need a powerful wireless reception. This is streamlined with the help of a WiFi card. Also known as a WiFi adapter, the best dual band WiFi card will add wireless capabilities to your computer, and the connection between the card and the PC is made via a USB port or a wide card slot.
To meet the varied requirements of users in terms of data speed, dual band WiFi cards are the best option. They contain both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless radios, identical to dual-band routers. When the matter comes to smooth gaming, streaming, and downloading huge files, these cards are highly suitable. Now let’s get into the following section to get the best dual band WiFi card in 2023.
List of The Best Dual Band WiFi Card
Check out the thorough reviews of the best dual band WiFi card in 2023 below.
1. TP-Link AC1200 PCIe WiFi Card for PC
Be its streaming, gaming, downloading huge files, web surfing, etc. this PCIe WiFi card meets most of your needs. On its 2.4 GHz band, the maximum speed can reach up to 300 Mbps whereas the maximum speed on its 5 GHz band is 867 Mbps. The 2.4 GHz band is perfect for emailing, Internet browsing, and more. On the other hand, the 5 GHz band is perfect for streaming, smooth gaming, etc. When it comes to fast connectivity speed, this TP-Link card is the best dual band WiFi card on this list.
The two external high-gain antennas enable wide-range signal transmission and reception. They make sure the signal strength and stability are not compromised. Therefore, you can relish fast and continuous 4K streaming and smooth gaming even from a far distance. Being small in size, it can sit close to a graphic card. The compact design lets you easily fit it in small PCs.
- Bluetooth 4.2 technology provides faster speed and more packet capacity than Bluetooth 4.0.
- The data transfer rate is 867 Mbps.
- Hardware interfaces are PCI and Bluetooth.
- The list of data link protocols it is implemented with are IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11b, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, and IEEE 802.11n.
- OS compatibility includes Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP (32/64-bit).
- With the included standard and low-profile brackets, it is easy to plug this card into an available PCI-E slot.
Pros And Cons
2. EDUP PCIE WiFi 6 Bluetooth Adapter/Wi-Fi Card
Also known as a WiFi network adapter card, this PCI-E WiFi card drastically improves the Internet speed and network quality. Compared to usual AC network cards, the speed is quite faster. On its 2.4 GHz band, the connectivity speed is up to 600 Mbps. On its 5.8 GHz band, you get connectivity to speed up to 2400 Mbps. Especially for 4K UHD video streaming and online gaming, this Bluetooth adapter is a decent choice.
One of its key components is the heat sink. It efficiently dissipates the heat produced within the card when the card is operating. So, it protects the card from damage due to heat when running movies or playing games.
Accessories present in the pack are two 5dBi antennas, a CD, a small chassis baffle, 2 screws and a screwdriver, and a user manual.
- WiFi 6 technology optimizes the coverage capabilities and power consumption of the device. It supports longer transmission distance, multi-user high-speed consistency, and fast transmission rate.
- Bluetooth 5.1 technology expands the range of four Blue-tooth 4.2 signals. It eliminates problems like weak signals and long waiting times for transferring huge files.
- This Bluetooth technology lets the card connect with a mouse, keyboard, earphone, and other Bluetooth devices.
- AX200 chip supports dual band 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz. It lets the card attain 2400 Mbps speed with the router which supports AX and using a 160 MHz channel.
- Hardware interfaces are PCIE x 8, PCIE x 1, PCIE x 4, and PCIE x 16.
- OS compatibility is Windows 10 (64-bit).
Pros And Cons
3. FebSmart Dual Band N600 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter
With a PCIE X1 slot, this FebSmart dual band WiFi card adds high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi connectivity to a computer. It allows desktop computers to connect to a wireless network at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The connectivity speed on both these bands is 300 Mbps. These bands let the card seamlessly connect to wireless 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n modems. For HD video streaming and online gaming, this card is so much suitable.
A Qualcomm Atheros network chipset is included to provide better WiFi connectivity and reduced signal loss. The 6dBi external antenna offers powerful signal reception and promises wireless network reliability. This antenna comes in a detachable design for ease of mounting. The included standard profile and low-profile bracket let the card work with both mini and standard size PCs.
- The data transfer rate is 600 Mbps.
- The data link protocol it uses is IEEE 802.11n.
- This network card can work with most wireless encryption standards like WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, etc.
- The PCIE X1 design lets this card work on motherboard PCIE X1, X4, X8, and X16 slots.
- Functions supported are Wi-Fi Receiver and Soft AP Mode.
- OS compatibility include Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP(32/64bit) and Windows Server2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019(32/64bit) systems.
Pros And Cons
4. StarTech AC1200 Dual Band Wireless-AC Network Adapter
Do you want exceptional speed and a broad wireless range for your home or office? If yes then you can consider this AC1200 dual band WiFi card. It adds dual-band Wireless-AC connectivity to a desktop computer via a PCIe slot. You will perceive superb speed and broad wireless range when the adapter is connected to an 802.11ac router.
In terms of speed, signal reception ability, versatility, and OS compatibility, this network adapter is the best dual band WiFi card from StarTech. The card features 2T2R detachable antenna design. The incorporated magnetic antenna stand allows easy mounting on the side or top of a PC case.
For easy installation in small form-factor PCs, the card comes with a low-profile/half-height bracket. A standard profile bracket is also included. Alternate names of this card are PCIe 802.11ac WiFi card and Wireless-AC card.
- The maximum data rate on the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band are respectively 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps. So, this card is a perfect solution for huge file transfers, online conferencing, HD video streaming, and gaming.
- To integrate with various networking devices, this adapter is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n networks.
- It can work with PCs with operating systems –Windows 10/8/7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019.
Pros And Cons
5. Ziyituod WiFi 6 PCIE 802.11AX Dual Band Wireless Card
Elevate your desktop WiFi to the next level with the Ziyituod AX200 WiFi card. It is implemented with the next-generation 802.11ax Wi-Fi technology. It supports 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band connectivity to all your connected devices. This is the best dual band WiFi card for online gaming, 4K/8K UHD video streaming, and AR/VR.
With MU-MIMO technology, this network card enables more data to get transmitted at once. This technology equips the card with high bandwidth, fast speed, and high efficiency. No worries about signal interference. Due to ultra-low latency, this card supports huge file downloads and uploads. Also, it makes your smart home devices more responsive, without buffering. So, your multiple smart home devices can work flawlessly.
- The maximum data transmission rate is 2974 Mbps.
- The cutting-edge Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 chipset offers more efficiency and less congestion.
- This chipset is equipped with features like OFDMA, uplink and downlink MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, OFDMA, spatial reuse technology, and Target Wake Time.
- Bluetooth5 + Soft AP Function enables this WiFi card to connect with Bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth mouse, Bluetooth keyboard, etc.
- Your high-speed WiFi network stays protected against malware and hackers through advanced WPA3 encryption.
- This PCIE card is backward compatible with 802.11ac and 802.11n networks.
- List of compatible operating systems is Windows 10 (64-bit), Linux, and Google Chrome OS.802.11AX.
- It can work with existing WiFi devices and the latest WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro.
Pros And Cons
6. Nineplus Wireless USB WiFi Adapter for PC
Bandwidth-intensive applications like gaming and HD video streaming demands super-fast speeds. For such applications, this USB WiFi adapter is a good solution. The wireless connectivity will be stable.
The two high-gain dual 5 dBi antenna is implemented with MU-MIMO technology. This technology offers two simultaneous data streams to improve the efficiency and throughput of the whole network. When a compatible MU-MIMO router is used, this adapter boosts WiFi coverage that ensures strong signal transmission and reception.
With the Soft AP feature, you can create a hotspot if your computer is under a wired Internet connection. This feature helps to boost WiFi to mobile devices from a computer. So, you can enjoy fast wireless connectivity on your smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- The two included antennas extend WiFi connection across a long range. They contribute to outstanding stability for your PC, laptops, and desktops.
- Maximum wireless speed on the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz bands are 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps respectively. These speeds streamline HD video streaming and online gaming.
- With its USB 3.0 port, the connectivity speed is 10 times that of USB 2.0.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Dual Band WiFi Card?
It becomes straightforward to pick up the best dual band WiFi card as per the needs when you bear in mind the following aspects.
1. Connection speeds
It is the demand for high connection speed that prone a user to use a dual band WiFi card. They usually support fast connectivity speed on their 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. For example, in many dual band WiFi cards, you find speeds up to 867 Mbps on a 5 GHz band and speeds up to 300 Mbps on a 2.4 GHz band. This much speed limit is enough to meet your various needs including streaming, downloading of huge files, smooth gaming, Internet surfing, etc.
The cutting-edge technology used by these cards allows them to reach speeds up to 2.4 GHz. If you want to use a dual band WiFi card for extensive professional or commercial usage daily then pick the one that supports extremely high connection speeds.
2. Bluetooth connectivity
The signal strength and time required for the transfer of large files depend on the Bluetooth standard supported. If you want to benefit from the above aspects then look for a dual band WiFi card with powerful Bluetooth connectivity. It is better to pick the one with Bluetooth 4.2 or Bluetooth 5.1 technology.
You may frequently need to use a dual band WiFi card for bandwidth-intensive applications like multiplayer gaming and HD video streaming. If this is the case then look for a card with wide bandwidth support. Several dual band WiFi cards are implemented with MU-MIMO technology that provides wide bandwidth. Along with checking other specifications, also focus on bandwidth before purchasing.
4. Efficient heat dissipation
When a dual band WiFi card is inserted into your PC, it will get heated up too much. Not only the card but even the other components get heated up. Thus, make sure that the dual band Wi-Fi card you intend to buy comes with a heat sink capability for efficient heat management.
The inclusion of a heat sink ensures the reliability and longevity of the card. To obtain high-performance output from a dual band WiFi card, it must have heat sink capability. Another benefit is it offers enough protection when running high-resolution movies or large games.
5. Operating System compatibility
If your chosen dual band WiFi card is not compatible with the operating system of your computer then it is useless. Most of them function well with all operating systems; however, some of them depict better performance with only a few versions of operating systems. For instance, the latest WiFi 6 cards are compatible only with the Windows 10 operating system (64-bit). You may find plenty of dual band WiFi cards compatible with various versions of Windows OS like Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP(32/64-bit).
6. Additional features
Apart from the discussed key features, you can consider some additional features to make the most of your purchase. Many dual band WiFi cards are equipped with MU-MIMO technology for a better range of signals. So, if you prioritize this aspect then you need to look for a card with this technology. Some dual band WiFi cards are implemented with TurboQAM for signal boosting.
Another additional feature you can consider is the form factor of the card. If the card is compact then it can fit well in both mini and standard size PCs. There may be an issue when installing certain dual band WiFi cards on a smaller PC case, so always check the dimensions of the card. For flexible mounting of antenna, you can look for a dual band WiFi card with a detachable antenna design. This type of design allows you to mount the antenna stand on the side or top of your PC case.
Now you can add high-performance wireless capability to your PC with a dual band WiFi card. The choice for the best dual band WiFi card primarily includes the type of application, connection speed desired, OS compatibility, and more. Even when you connect multiple devices to your PC, you can get rid of slow connection problems. Most of these wifi cards come in a compact design to fit perfectly in the particular PC.
Enjoyed this dual band WiFi card review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best 10GB Network Card.