A silent, efficient, and reliable computer system is inevitable for use in rigorous outdoor environments. A fanless industrial PC fulfills these needs. As implied by the name, these computers are designed for industrial workloads like manufacturing, automation, and autonomous robotics. The quiet and efficient operation is their key specialty.
Usually, they are manufactured for industrial workloads since they are made from industrial-grade components that are more reliable and durable than the components found in regular PCs. The inclusion of durable materials and no fan design suggests a long lifespan. Besides, these PCs are equipped with I/O cards which can be plugged into different types of equipment that you find in an industrial environment. You can read the following sections to get rid of buying hassles and end up with the best fanless industrial PC.
List of The Best Fanless Industrial PC
Check out the thorough reviews of the best fanless industrial PC below.
HISTTON industrial mini PC can be one of the best fanless industrial PCs if you prioritize aspects like portability, energy-saving and efficient processing power. Its compact design lets you easily carry it and also saves space. The combination of efficient processors and graphics guarantees smooth operation for gaming, professional projects, browsing, multitasking, etc.
In addition to providing silent and efficient performance in outdoor environments, it is also famous for its stable and strong wireless connectivity. This is because it supports Bluetooth 4.0, LAN (1000 Mbps), and M.2 dual band 802.11ac WiFi. You will benefit from smooth file transfer and fast web surfing.
The fanless design and the brushed aluminum shell offer efficient heat dissipation and excellent durability. The pack contains accessories like a DVD for drivers, a power adapter, a user manual, and an HDMI cable.
- The built-in Intel Comet Lake i7-10510U CPU features a 1.80 GHz base clock speed, up to 4.90 GHz maximum clock frequency, and an 8M cache.
- There is support for 4 GB/8 GB/ 16 GB/ 32 GB DDR4 RAM. The maximum memory capacity is 64 GB (32 GB *2).
- The available storage space includes M.2 SSD, mSATA SSD, and 2.5-inch SATA SSD/HDD. Two 260-pin SO-DIMM sockets are included.
- The GPU contains Intel UHD graphics (compatible with 10th Gen Intel processors).
- The theoretical maximum power consumption is 20W. TDP is less than 10W.
- The case is made up of aluminum alloy.
- The PC supports VGA & HDMI dual-screen display. It can use a PC or can be used as an HTPC to deploy your home theatre. Hence, you can use this PC in your office, factory, training center, etc.
- The pre-installed OS is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
- Dimensions and weight: 9.45 x 6.3 x 3.39 inches; 5.07 lbs.
Pros And Cons
This MeLE portable industrial PC offers a fast and steady connection that supports office work, education, programming, web browsing, online shopping, etc. It is compatible with various devices like tablets, office equipment, printers, scanners, projectors, monitors, NAS, keyboards, mice, etc. This broad compatibility enhances efficiency for office work, computing, industrial applications, education, home learning, home entertainment, etc.
The included VESA bracket and the space-saving design let you mount it on the rear of a monitor/TV. The packed accessories are a 12V/2A power supply, a UL plug, a GS plug, and a user manual.
- It guarantees fast operation with the built-in Celeron N5105 quad-core fast processor. In burst mode, the operating frequency is 2.0 GHz and it reaches up to 2.9 GHz.
- The memory and storage spaces are 8 GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128 GB eMMC (expandable up to 2 TB via microSD card) respectively.
- The wireless connectivity is stable via Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) MU-MIMO and the built-in AX201 Wi-Fi adapter. The dual-band Wi-F supports 2.4G and 5.0 G bands.
- Other wireless connectivity options are Bluetooth 5.2, Gigabit Ethernet via RJ-45 port (10/100/1000 Mbps),
- The I/O ports are HDMI 2.0, a Mini DP, three USB 3.0, a USB-C, and a PD 3.0.
- The compatible operating systems are Windows 10 pro, Ubuntu, Linux, and Debian.
- Dimensions and weight: 5.16 x 3.19 x 0.71 inches; 0.88 lbs.
Pros And Cons
In terms of versatility, silent operation, and power efficiency, this KINGDEL industrial mini PC can be the best fanless industrial PC for you. It is broadly used in factories, workshops, banks, internet cafes, libraries, hotels, call centres, training halls, etc. It can be used as HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer) by connecting HDTV with the HD cable. This connection helps you to play games, watch Internet movies, and enjoy education online.
- The built-in Intel 4 Cores i5 8th Gen. CPU is implemented with the 14 nm Lithography technology and 6 MB SmartCache. Its base frequency is 1.6 GHz and max. turbo frequency is 3.4 GHz.
- It comes with 8 GB DDR4 RAM (expandable with an extra DDR4 RAM) and 256 GB SSD (expandable with an included 2.5 inch-SATA SSD/HDD drive).
- The GPU includes Intel UHD Graphics 620. It supports 4K UHD streaming and dual monitor via VGA & HD (for the best playback experience).
- The pre-loaded OS is Windows 11 Pro (64-bit).
- The two COM RS232 ports provide flawless communication between the PC and legacy devices.
- The PC stays protected in an all-metal case.
- Dimensions and weight: 9.2 x 5.9 x 2 inches; 4.95 pounds.
Pros And Cons
This VNOPN industrial mini PC is designed for routers and hardware firewalls. The fanless passive cooling design efficiently dissipates heat. The CPU only records a 15W TDP to retain low power consumption. It operates 24×7 and significantly saves energy.
The included mounting bracket allows you to hang this PC on the rear of a TV or monitor to save space. The accessories packed in are a 12V/5A power adapter, a power plug, a user manual, a warranty card, two WiFi antennas, and a VESA mounting kit.
- The built-in Intel Core i3 6006u dual-core CPU contains 4 threads and a 3M cache. It is clocked at a 2.0 GHz base frequency.
- The built-in Intel i211 chip supports 6x gigabit Ethernet to retain stability and fasts speed. It offers great compatibility for firewalls, soft routing, and other network applications.
- The memory and storage spaces are 8 GB DDR4 RAM (includes two SODIMM slots allowing expansion up to 32 GB) and 128 GB mSATA (expandable up to 512 GB) respectively.
- The available I/O ports are six RJ45 LANs, an RS232 COM, an HDMI, two USB3.0, two USB2.0, and a DC IN.
- AES-NI is supported.
- The pre-installed OS is Windows 10 Pro.
- Dimensions: 7.8 x 5 x 1.9 inches; 3.69 pounds.
Pros And Cons
HUNSN firewall mini PC is implemented with a fast 4-core processor to ensure efficient operation. It is well-known for its industrial-grade construction, rich I/O ports, easy configuration, and powerful network management. The pack comprises accessories like a power cord, a power supply, and a warranty card. If you’re looking for an inexpensive pfSense router/firewall, give this a serious look.
- The built-in Intel Celeron N5105 CPU features a maximum clock frequency of 2.9 GHz and includes a 4M cache.
- The memory and storage capacities are 8 GB DDR4 RAM (expandable to 32 GB via two SODIMM slots) and 64 GB (available as two m.2 2280 NVME SSD and a 2.5-inch SATA SSD/HDD) respectively.
- The display screen size is 2.5 inches.
- The available I/O ports are an RJ03 (with power on/off), two USB 3.0, a Type-C for USB/display, TF, two USB 2.0, DP, an HDMI, four LAN, CLR CMOS, and a DC-IN.
- The network card is an Intel 2.5GbE I226-V and a UDE built-in filter connector.
- M.2 WiFi 6 offers fast wireless connectivity.
- The PC is firewalls tested with opnsense, pfsense plus, and other famous open-source software solutions.
- AES-NI and Intel AES new instructions are supported.
- The pre-loaded operating system is RouterOS.
- Dimensions and weight: 10.98 x 10.39 x 4.57 inches; 4.31 pounds.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Fanless Industrial PC?
It is imperative to take into account the following parameters before selecting the best fanless industrial PC.
1. Processing power
In addition to the durability and protection that are usually found in all fanless industrial PCs, you must also look at its processing power. You can check the CPU aspects like the CPU core, its base frequency, its maximum frequency, and cache size. Generally, it is recommended to buy a fanless industrial PC with either an i5 or an i7 Intel CPU core. The recommended range of base frequency can be 1.6 GHz – 2 GHz and the recommended range of maximum frequency can be 3.4 GHz – 4.9 GHz. It is better to buy a fanless industrial PC with a cache size in the range of 3M to 8M.
2. Memory and storage capacity
You must check the built-in memory and storage capacity to ensure the smooth and efficient working of your fanless industrial PC. Generally, the one with DDR4 RAM size anywhere from 4 GB to 64 GB and SSD storage in the range of 128 GB to 512 GB is recommended.
3. I/O ports
Serial ports are the most frequently used port in all industrial PCs. They facilitate communication between your PC and legacy devices that are used in manufacturing plants and many other applications. Make sure your chosen fanless industrial PC is equipped with an RS232 COM port.
You must also check for USB ports because they provide increased bandwidth. The existing fanless industrial PCs are equipped with USB 3.1 Gen 2 and/or USB 3.0 ports that can connect to smart IoT sensors and transmit data at Gbps speed.
Other ports to look out for when choosing these PCs are HDMI, mini DP, RJ45, LAN and DC_IN.
4. Wireless connectivity
Wireless connectivity is inevitable whether you want to use your fanless industrial PC for professional work, education, entertainment, etc. You can check for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and LAN connectivity before purchasing. The support for wireless connectivity allows the fanless industrial PCs to reliably connect to network systems and sensors. Hence, you enjoy seamless connectivity in most remote and mobile edge deployments.
Generally, industrial PCs with Bluetooth 5.0 or 5.2 will best meet your wireless connectivity needs. Moreover, the one with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) MU-MIMO is recommended to benefit from stable and powerful WiFi connectivity. You can buy industrial PCs equipped with dual SIM sockets that provide 4G/LTE connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking Fanless Industrial PCs
1. What are the drawbacks of overheating in a fanless industrial PC?
If a fanless industrial PC operates in an environmental condition that is outside of its rated operating temperatures then the CPU performance might decrease. Consequently, this overheating phenomenon shortens the system’s lifespan.
2. What is the significance of dust & debris protection in fanless industrial PCs?
Certain fanless industrial PCs are designed with dust and debris protection. It protects your computer system when deployed in areas with huge amounts of dust and debris. For example, it ensures protection when the system is operating in a factory, cabinet, mine, vehicle, kiosk machine, etc.
3. Do fanless industrial PCs guarantee longevity?
Fanless industrial PCs are more expandable than standard desktop computers. Hence, they provide a lengthier lifespan. Many components equipped in these PCs can last up to 15 years. So, you benefit from a long-term embedded PC solution that you couldn’t get with standard PCs.
The fanless industrial PCs are made from industrial-grade parts to ensure durability. These PCs systems can sustain a broad range of temperature range and input voltage spikes. Regardless of the environmental conditions, they offer ingress protection, power protection, and protection against shock and vibration. Moreover, they adhere to strict guidelines and standards for electronics to support industrial deployments. The silent operation, long lifespan, and efficient processing power are some of the alluring aspects of the best fanless industrial PCs.
Enjoyed this article on the best fanless industrial PC? Then be sure to check out our other guides.
- Best 2.5GB Switch
- Best 10GB Switch
- Best 16 Port Gigabit Switch
- Best 24 Port Gigabit Switch
- Best 48 Port Gigabit Switch
- Best 10GB Router
- Best 2.5GB Router
- Best IoT Router
- Best 10GbE NAS
- Best 8TB Internal SSD
- Best 8TB Internal Hard Drive
- Best 8TB External SSD
- Best 4TB Internal SSD
- Best 4TB External SSD
- Best 10GB Network Card
- Best GDDR5 Graphics Card
- Best 12GB Graphics Card
- Best LGA 1151 CPU
- Best PCIe 5.0 Motherboard
- Best Thermal Scope Under $3000
- Best Crossbow Under $1000
- Best Tablet Oscilloscope
- Best OTDR Tester