WiFi technology is undoubtedly a decent solution when you want to obtain fast Internet connectivity. The issue that happens with WiFi networks is when more devices are connected, the speed reduces on the connected devices. Fortunately, there is a decent solution to this problem i.e. Gigabit switch. Compared to WiFi connections, the best 5 port gigabit switch responds faster and provide a stronger Internet connection.
If you want to feed powerful wireless connectivity up to 5 devices then choosing a 5 port gigabit switch is the best solution. These switches are extensively used for business purposes, the construction of smart homes, etc. Your data transfer activities will get a significant boost. Based on the below selection, you can save time when choosing the best 5 port gigabit switch.
List of The Best 5 Port Gigabit Switch
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 5 port gigabit switch below.
Are you looking for a reliable, easy, and cost-effective approach to enlarge your network connections in homes and offices? If yes then the GS305 from Netgear is the best 5 port gigabit switch you can consider. It is an unmanaged switch with plug & play setup. No need to install software or make any configuration. Moreover, this switch is meticulously tested for reliability, performance, and quality.
Each port shows a green light that remains steady but flashes whenever data transfer takes place. Once you turn off the connected device, the light goes out. Furthermore, it is sturdily built for long-term usage.
- It is compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode. So, it guarantees low operation costs and optimizes power usage.
- Auto MDI/MDI feature is implemented.
- LED indicator is available on each port to display its status.
- The design of the switch is based on auto-negotiation and non-blocking switching architecture.
- The fanless design suggests zero noise throughout the operation, irrespective of where it is located.
- Mounting options are desktop or wall-mount placement.
Pros And Cons
TL-SG105 can effortlessly expand your network in plenty of ways. You just need to connect it to a WiFi device like a range extender or a router. Consequently, it will transmit powerful Internet to up to 4 connected devices.
The aspect that makes it extraordinary is it is being implemented with innovative green technology. This energy-efficient technology extends your network capacity to avoid energy waste and save money. So, there will be significant saving in energy. The shielded ports avoid static interference while transferring files. The entire switch is protected inside a sleek yet durable casing.
No need to install any software or configure any settings. Its plug & play setup saves you time during installation.
- The switch can expand the network by providing 10,100,1000 Mbps speed to each of its ports.
- RJ45 ports support Auto-Negotiation and Auto MDI or MDIX.
- IEEE 802.3X flow control offers consistent data transfer.
- The entire operation is quiet due to the fanless design.
- Administrators can employ the QoS feature to assign the priority of traffic. You can prioritize your IP phones or cameras to make sure that video and voice applications’ outputs are clear and lag-free.
- Cutting-edge software features arrange your traffic and promise superior quality voice or video data transmission through port-based 802.1p/DSCP QoS and IGMP snooping.
- IGMP Snooping is useful for the optimization of multimedia traffic delivery. So, it guarantees a better network experience.
- Each port is implemented with the auto-negotiation feature. It detects the link speed of a particular network device and smartly adapts it to provide compatibility and superior performance.
- The range of operating temperature is 0°C to 40°C.
Pros And Cons
Now you can efficiently and reliably expand your network connections to various devices quickly. This 5-port Gigabit switch from the NETGEAR 300 Series is an appropriate choice when it comes to reliable and cost-effective network connectivity for homes and offices.
It is an unmanaged switch with plug & play operation. 4 of its ports can supply POE which makes it outstanding for various applications. You can use the switch to power four IP cameras. Owing to its petite design, it can fit in tight spaces. Also, you obtain maximum throughput on every port and this capability is not found in several low-end switches.
Similar to all other Netgear switches, this one comes in a durable metal case. This case keeps it fully protected from external elements. It is easy to mount this switch on a wall or you can choose the desktop mounting option. The power jack is located at the back. The silent operation makes it perfect for a noise-sensitive environment.
- 63W of the total power budget is enough to power 4 PoE+ ports.
- With Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) capability, this switch delivers data and power from a single Ethernet (CAT-5) cable to some devices like wireless access points, IP cameras, VoIP/Internet-based phones, etc.
- This switch is an energy-efficient design compliant with IEEE802.3az.
- LED notifications are delivered for the PoE power draw and when you exceed the device’s PoE capability.
- 9k Jumbo frames maximize throughput.
Pros And Cons
If you have plenty of devices to connect then you need to prioritize versatility and device compatibility when choosing a Gigabit switch. To connect various types of devices and ensure powerful connectivity on all of them, you can pick this best 5 port gigabit switch from TP-Link. It can work with IP cameras, IP telephones, wireless access points, etc. Therefore, this gigabit switch is extensively used in warehouses, office telephone networks, hotels, etc.
The included power supply delivers adequate power and will not fail even after a couple of years of usage. The robust steel chassis keeps the switch protected. No need to waste time on software installation or configuration because the switch comes in plug & play setup. Due to the desktop/wall-mounting design and durable metal case, the switch is perfect for use in different environments. There will be no noise all through the operation.
- Its 5 ports are characterized as 4 PoE+(802.3at/af) ports and an RJ45 port.
- All 4 PoE ports have a data speed of 10/100/1000 Mbps.
- The total PoE power budget is 65W and the maximum power per port is 30W.
- Traffic prioritization is accomplished through advanced software features. They also guarantee superior quality voice or video data transmission through Port-based 802.1p/DSCP QoS as well as IGMP Snooping.
- The optimization of multimedia traffic delivery is possible with IGMP Snooping.
Pros And Cons
The aforementioned gigabit switch from D-Link lets you rapidly set up a reliable, quick, and efficient wired network. It is an economical device for small/medium businesses and SOHO so that they can benefit from the enlarged bandwidth of gigabit ethernet.
With the 5 available Gigabit ports, it is straightforward to expand your network or upgrade it to Gigabit connectivity. You can add devices like scanners, printers, storage, and backup devices. This plug & play switch is built to last with its rugged metal housing. This casing makes the switch perfect for small offices, conference rooms, and wiring closets.
- The connectivity speed on each of the ports is 10/100/1000 Mbps.
- The operation mode is off, none, and on.
- The contact type is normally closed and the connector type is through-hole.
- To ensure long-lasting usage, the switch comes with an International Protection rating IP00.
- IEEE 8021p QoS traffic prioritization is supported.
- The Green Technology from D-Link saves energy and decreases heat. Consequently, it prolongs the product life. No compromise on functionality or performance.
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) identifies whenever a connected computer gets shut down or whenever Ethernet traffic is absent. As a result, the switch would automatically power down the idle port and saves a significant amount of power.
Pros And Cons
The 5 ports in this desktop switch are comprised of a Gigabit Ethernet port and 4 SFP+ ports (supports 10 Gbps per port). The 1 Gigabit copper Ethernet port is useful for management access. Two DC jacks are useful for power redundancy.
Due to the sleek design, the switch can fit even in tight spaces. A compact metallic case ensures protection without making the switch bulky. Fanless design leads to quiet operation. If you are in search of a reliable, cost-effective, and quietly operating network switch then MikroTik gigabit switch is the best 5 port gigabit switch you can consider.
- Connectivity sped on each port is 10/100/1000 Mbps.
- Dual boot functionality allows you to select among two operating systems i.e. RouterOS or SwOS.
- The SwOS operating system is easy-to-use and only contains switch-specific features.
- If you want to use routing ability and few other Layer 3 features in a CRS then RouterOS can be considered.
- If you don’t want to choose any of these two operating systems then you can choose the one from RouterBOOT loader settings.
Pros And Cons
Especially for surveillance networking applications, this 5-port PoE+ switch is a reliable solution. The port isolation is possible on ports 1 to 4. It is easy to set up, just power up the switch and connect your devices. The fanless design not just promises quiet operation but also reduces energy consumption. If you want a network switch that saves on energy and also works reliably then this TRENDnet switch is appropriate for your needs.
The TPE-LG50L transmits power and data over Ethernet cables to several PoE devices like IP cameras, VoIP phones, and access points. These types of devices will run flawlessly and instantly when this switch is connected.
- All the 5 Gigabit ports support 10 Gbps switching capacity. This much capacity is enough to allow edge network installations.
- The 4 Gigabit PoE+ ports facilitate long-range signal transmission to allow the DIP switch to expand the PoE+ signal up to 200 meters. Therefore, these ports are suitable for long-distance PoE installations.
- The switch supports both PoE and PoE+ devices.
- Total 32W PoE power budget can support up to 4 Power over Ethernet devices.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 5 Port Gigabit Switch?
With the below factors in mind, you can end up with the best 5 port gigabit switch for your needs.
For all network switches, speed is a vital aspect to consider. A 5 port Gigabit switch should possess the maximum speed on a given network. It must be competent enough to work quickly when multiple devices are connected. The network speed should be fast in all 5 ports connected and not just one.
Plenty of 5 port Gigabit switches including the ones discussed above support 10,100,1000 Mbps speed on their ports. A full-duplex switch is more efficient than a half-duplex switch.
2. Power budget
It is vital to make sure each of the connected devices obtains enough power as input. Many of the topmost 5 port Gigabit switches come with a total PoE power budget of more than 60W like 63W or 65W. This much power budget is enough to drive all the connected devices with enough power.
3. Energy efficiency
Many of these switches support IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE). This feature detects when a connected computer is shut down. When the computer is shut down, this feature saves a significant amount of power. With this feature, there will be optimization of power usage and operational cost also reduces. Many of the 5 port Gigabit switches are compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode for low power consumption.
4. Mounting options
A 5 port Gigabit switch with multiple mounting options is always beneficial. Some of these topmost switches support desktop or wall mount placement for flexibility while mounting. The inclusion of a wall mount allows the switch to be directly installed on a desktop server. So, this mounting option offers great flexibility.
If you want to mount the switch to a wall and yet let the setup looks neat then make sure the switch includes an appropriate hanging mount on the back.
5. Additional consideration
When you focus on some additional considerations, it helps you gain maximum benefit from the switch. Some 5 port Gigabit switches come with LED indicators on each port. These indicators depict whether any device is connected to the port or not. Another aspect you can consider is plug & play setup that eliminates the need for software installation or configuration. To benefit from the quiet operation, consider a 5 port Gigabit switch with a fanless design.
No other network solution can ensure a faster and steady transfer rate than a gigabit switch. With the best 5 port gigabit switch, all 5 ports feature fast wireless speed without lags or interference. They can expand a network connection to 5 devices instantly. Being multipurpose, they can connect devices like computers, TVs, and numerous servers to a LAN. Stable data transfer ensures a significant boost in performance to the connected devices. There is no compromise on connectivity speed on any of its ports.
Enjoyed this 5 port gigabit switch review? Then be sure to check out our other guides.