Before getting to know the best AMD B550 motherboard, we must first understand the motherboard and some of its features. So, motherboard is a single platform that provides the connection to all the other parts of the computer. It is considered as the vital part of the computer. And it connects all kinds of the computer parts such as memory, optical drive, hard drive, CPU, ports, expansion card, and most importantly CPU.
Occasionally, the process of building a PC is long and complex when it attempts to secure all the finest and compatible components. One of the motherboards that present wide compatibility for the latest Ryzen 5000 series technology is the AMD B550. The majority of the AMD B550 motherboards are found compatible with the AMD 3rd generation Ryzen processor.
Those motherboards that are built on the AMD B550 chipset are regarded as the foremost mainstream boards that support PCI Express Gen4. With a broad range of alternatives accessible in sizes and shapes, the AMD B550 is a perfect starting point for setting up a mid-range gaming PC. And when we pick AMD B550 motherboard, we need to also pay attention that compatibility of the hard disk, graphic card, and sound card with the motherboard is necessary. To end up choosing the best AMD B550 Motherboard, you can continue reading the article below.
List of The Best AMD B550 Motherboard
Check out the thorough reviews of the best AMD B550 motherboard below.
This typical gaming motherboard is developed by ASUS. The CPU socket being used for it is AM4. It has the RAM memory of double data rate 4 (DDR4), that is supported by 4 memory slots and makeup to 128 GBs.
This motherboard is perfect for pairing up the ZEN 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPU, for a distraction less gaming. It has an addressable RGB adapter cable along with SATA cables for your 2.5-inch SSD. Also, 2 USB 2.0 headers are available for iOS and coolers etc. It does have standard am4 socket that manages Rison 3000 CPUs and above.
- The drivers are installed through Wi-Fi.
- The total height of the motherboard along with 6 magnetic antenna is about 3feet.
- It has got 2 M.2 slots along with covers and screws.
- 8 pin power supply is needed.
- 600 watts is enough for this motherboard.
- It includes 5 volt 3-pin addressable RGB.
Pros And Cons
It is one of the best motherboards because of its high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) 2.0 installed that can support 4k graphics This motherboard is developed by MSI, and the CPU socket being attached to its socket AM4. It also has the memory of double data rate 4 (DDR4 SDRAM).
This motherboard has the weight of around 4.2 ounces. In front of the board, there is a massive VRM, M.2 connectors. It has a 24-pin area including 4 single apps DDR4. On the top of the motherboard there is 8-pin CPU power connector given. There are 6 ports on the SATA area
- AMD 3RD Generation Ryzen is its compatible processor.
- It supports the memory DDR4 up to 128GB (4866 Megahertz)
- Better sound quality is guaranteed
- Affordable with high-speed performance.
Pros And Cons
Another powerful mother, designed by Gigabytes. On the front panel of this board, you’ll find an audio connector with a 3-pin 5-volt addressable RGB header and with the 12 volt 4-pin RGB header. Along with the two 2.0 USB there is trusted platform module (TPL) on the board. 4 memory slots on the board makes up to 128 gigabytes of the memory. This board does not have the back plate that shows the bare standard of the board. It weighs about 3.87 pound.
The board includes the AORUS antenna and 802.11 ac wireless type. Graphic card being used on this motherboard is PCI-E with the AMD 3rd generation Ryzen processor.
- There are lights given on the front panel of the board.
- It includes 24-pin power connector.
- This board has got the standard cooler mounting to avoid the heat on the board.
Pros And Cons
It is the best affordable gaming motherboard developed by MSI. Its CPU support up to Ryzen 9. It has the chipset of AMD B550 with the socket of AM4. The board has the double memory channel with 4 DIMM slots that makes up to the memory of about 128 gigabytes.
It contains two M.2 slots. A 3.2 USB in the front and one at a rear view.
- This board comes with 1 HDMI and display port.
- Its design is consistent with the MPG series.
- This MSI motherboard has the black aesthetic look.
- This board use Realtek for networking.
Pros And Cons
Weather a user is using headset or speakers via USB or Wi-Fi, with Nahimic Audio you can have a excellent, most engaging listening experience, with rich quality audio. ASRock’s premium 50A power chokes expertly make the saturation current up to 3x better, providing strengthen and efficient Vcore voltage to the motherboard.
The ASRock B550m Pro4 motherboard features onboard RGB headers with a transmittable RGB header which permits the motherboard to be connected to compatible LED devices. Users may also synchronize RGB Led.
- In the motherboard along with an asteroid badge the users also get 2 SATA cables as well as a Io shield which is not pre-installed.
- The AsRock B550m pro4 motherboard has a pair of onboard Type-A and Type-C, USB, 3.2 Gen2 ports built to support next generation USB 3.2 Gen2 devices.
- future AMD Ryzen processor and 3rd gen AMD AM4 are also controlled by the motherboard.
- 8 Power Phase Design.
- Also, there are at least 6 fan headers with an Ethernet port.
Pros And Cons
This board is very much suitable for gamers and home theaters. It is designed by Gigabyte. This board weight approximately 2.01 pounds. The latest AMD Ryzen 3rd generation processors are supported by this motherboard. It has high quality audio capacitors.
The box comes with SATA cables, IO shield and a driver disk. It has 4 dim slots supporting double data rate (DDR4). It may look boring by display but in terms of performance it is the best AMD B550 motherboard.
- It includes one 16-time 4 slot and two M.2 slots, one PC 4 and the other one is PC 3, which is suitable for all the latest AMD.
- It comes with the ultra-durable 818 gaming, HD audio and RGB fusion.
- It contains RGB LED headers along with the cooler for the CPU.
- It has four SATA ports for SSD, and USB 3 and USB 2 ports for the HD audio.
- It also has the HDMI and array of audio connectors.
- Sulfur resisting design.
Pros And Cons
In terms of data transfer speed, compatibility, and cooling efficiency, this MEG B550 motherboard is the best AMD B550 motherboard on this list. It belongs to the MEG series that seeks to exceed existing gaming products. The motherboard in the current discussion is the flagship model which is exclusively designed to boost the limits of what an intense gaming series could be. It blends the strengths of innovative technology and the existing arsenal. Consequently, it leads to prominent improvements in gaming and operational efficiency.
This MEG B550 motherboard is highly suitable for gaming enthusiasts as it is built with full control of personalization and performance. With the inclusion of multiple cores’ processors, the power design and thermal design are crucial to ascertain that the temperature stays within the limit. MSI equipped this B550 motherboard with a PWM heatsink and advanced circuit design to make sure even high-end CPUs operate at full speed.
With the presence of 3rd gen Ryzen processors, this motherboard boasts the cutting-edge Lightning Gen 4 M.2. The same presents the fastest onboard storage solution in the market supporting data transfer speed up to 64 Gbps. Furthermore, 2.5Gbps LAN offers faster data transfer speed compared to typical Gigabit LAN. Throughout the operation, the motherboard stays cool and it also keeps the power delivery system cool.
- It is compatible with the AMD Ryzen 5000 & 3000 Series and AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series desktop processors.
- There is support for dual-channel DDR4 Memory 5100(OC) MHz+.
- The incorporated quadruple M.2 connectors provide a maximum onboard 4x M.2 slots. These slots support the cutting-edge Gen 4 solution that enables data transfer speed up to 64 Gbps.
- To provide maximum power output, it contains Direct 14+2 phases with the 90A Power Stage as well as dual CPU power connectors.
- The thermal solution comprises a PCB with 2oz thickened copper and an aluminum cover with an extra choke thermal pad that is rated for 7W/mk. The efficient thermal system leads to high performance and immersive gaming experience.
Pros And Cons
The N7 B550 gaming motherboard is equipped with all the necessary features a PC builder requires. It features a streamlined board layout, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi 6E. With this chipset, you can simplify your PC building process. With the incorporated digital RGB and the fan controls, any user can create fan curves or regulate RGB lighting from any manufacturer through the NZXT CAM.
Glancing at its design, it boasts stunning craftsmanship with the metal cover available in black or white that seamlessly blends with the background of an NZXT H Series case. So, it presents a clean aesthetic. Installation is simplified a lot with the optimally positioned headers and included rear I/O shield. All PCI express lanes accessible from the chipset and CPU are used.
- It is compatible with 3rd Gen AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen 3000, 4000, and 5000 series processors.
- An array of slots and ports is available to expand your PC.
- 4 RGB lighting channels and 7 fan channels are controllable through NZXT CAM.
- A front-panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and two M.2 connectors are included for storage devices.
- Multi-GPU support is provided with AMD CrossFireX Technology.
- 5.1-Channel audio is supported.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best AMD B550 Motherboard?
It is useless to be concerned about how to pick the best AMD B550 motherboard because the factors described here assist you for the same.
1. RAM capacity
The higher the RAM capacity, the more functions you can carry out simultaneously. So, it is recommended to choose an AMD B550 motherboard with maximum RAM capacity. Many AMD B550 motherboards come with up to 128 GB RAM capacity. For a hardcore user, this much capacity is more than enough.
2. Memory slots and PCIe slots
In addition to installing additional GPUs, you must also look for other memory expansion slots. To understand better, for example, extra slots should be available for installing SSD storage or RAM. It assists you to customize your PC or expand the memory. Typically, you will find 4 M.2 memory slots in most AMD B550 motherboards. So, always try to pick the one with at least 4 memory slots.
Expansion slots are never useless. It is better to choose a B550 motherboard with more number of these slots. So, go for as many expansion slots as you can. Well, you can install an additional SSD.
You also need to look for PCI-e slots that assist you to install network cards, graphics cards, sound cards, and many more. Usually, there are 3.0 and 4.0 PCIe slots found in these motherboards. PCIe 3.0 works well but 4.0 is slightly better. The presence of PCIe slots increases the versatility of your PC.
3. Processor compatibility
Always choose a motherboard after checking the processor compatibility else it will be useless. The discussed motherboards are compatible with AMD Ryzen 3000, 4000, and 5000 series processors. Also, they can support the forthcoming version when you use the BIOS update. It is a good idea to check your processor’s version and subsequently compare it with the motherboard.
4. Socket type
The motherboard should connect with your CPU and so, you need to check the socket type. The discussed motherboards come with the AM4 socket. This socket lets the motherboard connect to 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processors. A wrong choice of the socket will create a compatibility issue. The AM4 socket in these AMD B550 motherboards implies that they can only allow the insertion of AMD CPUs. Older generation AMD processors such as Phenom and Athlon variants would not be compatible
5. BIOS update
The majority of motherboards are implemented with this feature. Still, you should check it before buying. It assists you to upgrade your chipset. This feature lets you keep the system up-to-date and implemented with cutting-edge features. The process of updating BIOS is easy and you can get it on the manufacturer’s website.
FAQs When Picking The Best AMD B550 Motherboard
1. What is the use of M.2 slots in AMD B550 motherboards?
M.2 slots are specifically designed for installing SSDs. With the setup of SSDs, your PC becomes more responsive and runs faster. So, always check for the number of M.2 slots available in the B550 motherboard you want to buy. A single M.2 slot can serve the purpose but certain variants are equipped with dual M.2 slots.
2. What is the significance of the form factor when buying AMD B550 Motherboard?
An AMD B550 motherboard should be of the perfect size else it can’t perfectly fit in your CPU cabinet. This is the key reason why the form factor is significant to consider. It is known that ATX is the most fundamental and biggest form factor, whereas micro ATX is a smaller one.
The motherboards with larger form factors contain bigger heatsinks or more ports. On the other hand, motherboards with smaller form factors don’t have enough surface area to support the heatsink and multiple ports. The choice of your case also determines the form factor you will need for the motherboard.
3. What are some of the advanced features found in AMD B550 motherboards?
More premium AMD B550 motherboards are equipped with some advanced features like 2.5 Gb LAN, Wi-Fi 6, and more headers and ports.
Basically, motherboard is the most significant part of the computer so before you buy one, take proper look of its features. But before choosing the best motherboard, it is also essential for you to choose the proper central processing unit (CPU). It controls many of the other components of the computer and help them to communicate. Different components that can be connected through motherboard are CPU, GPU, storage, and memory unit etc.
One of the prominent benefits of picking an AMD B550 motherboard rather than a previous-gen chipset is PCIe 4 interface and the enhanced storage performance provided by the new interface. The assured compatibility with Ryzen 5000 (Zen 3) processors is another crucial reason for choosing a B550 motherboard. With the best AMD B550 Motherboard, you can streamline your PC building process.
Enjoyed this? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best B450 Motherboard For AMD Ryzen.