To efficiently drive different musical equipment, amplification of power frequently becomes vital. For the same, power amplifiers are the best audio components to consider. When you buy a power amplifier from a reliable brand, you certainly obtain reliable and efficient audio output. One of the renowned manufacturers when it comes to power amplifiers is QSC. This QSC power amplifier review provides a broad range of QSC power amplifiers ranging from the GX series to the PLD series. For more than 4 decades, QSC proved to be a prominent leader in the production of power amplifiers. QSC power amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability.
These amplifiers are perfect whether you want an easy-to-use amplifier for a DJ system or want to address a huge audience. At an affordable price, these amplifiers provide efficient power output. The following QSC power amplifier review lets you pick up the most suitable power amplifier.
List of The Best QSC Power Amplifier
Check out the thorough QSC power amplifier review below.
Designed to work with various contemporary audio devices, the GX3 is the best power amplifier from QSC on this list. It is a perfect amplifier for professional entertainers who usually demand supreme performance and portability. Do you know what the best aspect of this amplifier is? Well, it presents extraordinary audio quality and tons of advanced features at an affordable price. So, it is designed to suit the budget of most customers.
The audio output is always optimized with a reduction in material cost and weight. The amplifier delivers the appropriate amount of power to a majority of the famous speakers used by entertainers. GX3 is perfect for speakers with an RMS power value of 300W. It supplies this much power to 4Ω and 8Ω resistances. Furthermore, there is the use of the cutting-edge QSC Grounded Collector output system. It shows optimum cooling performance for the critical power transistors.
- There is the implementation of a true Class B biasing system. It blends outstanding audio performance with maximum thermal efficiency.
- GuardRailGuardRail protection conveys peak power while simultaneously preventing damaging overloads.
- Built-in subwoofer/satellite crossover decreases stress on the full-range speaker. So, it allows it to play louder or lets a smaller speaker accomplish the same task.
- Gain controls at the front panel balance the sub and top box.
- The amplifier comes with QSC’s proprietary heat and volume gain limiter.
Pros And Cons
If you are looking for a versatile power amplifier in this QSC power amplifier review then you can consider GX5. It is perfect for professional entertainers and can be used for consumer applications. Without compromising portability, it delivers maximum performance. QSC reliability, outstanding audio quality, hassle-free hookup, and adjustments, etc. are the perks of using this amplifier.
It conveys an appropriate amount of power to the speakers and loudspeakers. Specifically, it delivers optimal power to 4Ω and 8Ω resistances. The 700W power output at 4Ω is the perfect match for loudspeakers, dual-woofers, and many subwoofers.
- The frequency response is 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
- The signal to noise ratio is 100 dB.
- There is the use of a Class H system, depending on major elements of the PL Series (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA). It delivers nearly double power in the same weight and size.
- GuardRail protection offers peak power as well as prevents unfavorable overloads.
Pros And Cons
Are you in search of a high-performance, portable power amplifier at an affordable price? If yes then the QSCGX7 can be a perfect choice for you. It is meticulously designed to deliver professional audio quality with great reliability and precision. It comes with alluring perks like theatrical styling, easy hookup, flexible adjustments, and more.
When it comes to making connections, there are no concerns in most cases. This is because it supports 2 balanced XLR and a 1/4-inch TRS (one on each channel). Moreover, it comes with RCA phono connectors and speak on combo XLR/TRS connectors (one on each channel). The GX7 amplifier is potent enough to drive most PA speakers available.
- GX7 amplifier delivers 725W power output into an 8Ω load.
- Maximum power output i.e. 1000W is capable to drive many of the recent subwoofers or two 8Ω speakers per channel.
- There is an addition of PowerLight supply to the Class H output section. It contributes to more overall output power and a weight reduction.
- The adjustable-speed fan makes low noise. It delivers airflow from rear to front to keep the rack and amplifier cool.
Pros And Cons
Especially for entertainment and production applications, the GXD8 amplifier is a perfect choice. It can deliver a peak power output of 4500W. It is specially optimized for use with 4Ω and 8Ω loudspeaker loads.
There is support for the Class D output stage along with a universal power supply. So, the amplifier delivers excellent power efficiency. Moreover, the amplifier contains 4-band parametric EQ and high and low-pass filters.
- It comes with 1/4” TRS and parallel XLR connectors. They provide wide compatibility with any source.
- Professional binding post, as well as NL4 connectors, supports mono and bi-amp speaker connections.
- Amplifier status is indicated on the huge LCD screen.
- On-board DSP processing comes with an intuitive interface. It provides tools like Power Limiting, Crossover and EQ filters, and Delay. They let you configure the amplifier and also boost the performance of connected loudspeakers.
Pros And Cons
One of the best lightweight yet efficient amplifiers in this QSC power amplifier review is the WSC’s PLX3102. It is a 2-channel 1,000W power amplifier designed on the third generation of QSC PowerLight technology. Superior audio quality, QSC reliability, and portability are the traits of this amplifier. With a peak power rating of up to 3,600W, this amplifier provides clean, distortion-free output to speaker systems.
- Speak on NL-4 output connectors offer a positive-locking speaker connection.
- The amplifier allows you to connect a bi-amplified speaker through a single four-conductor cable with the help of Channel 1 Speak on NL-4 output.
- For system monitoring and troubleshooting, it comes with front-panel LED power and signal present indicators.
- Heat sinks need no filters which can turn clogged.
Pros And Cons
RMX2450a is a 2-channel power amplifier that delivers professional audio quality at a reasonable price. It can deliver 800W per channel into 4Ω and 1200W into 2Ω resistance. The chassis’ depth is only 16 inches. For mobile entertainers and performing musicians, this amplifier is greatly beneficial.
- It comes with high-current toroidal transformers to deliver efficient 2Ω power with reduced noise.
- Distortion stays in control with autonomous user-defeatable clip limiters.
- The selectable low-frequency filters provide plenty of headroom and protect speakers.
- Various audio devices can be connected via the available XLR, balanced 1/4 inch TRS, and barrier strip inputs.
- Signal and clip LED indicators are available.
Pros And Cons
For bands, musicians, and AV production professionals, the QSC RMX5050a proves to be quite useful. One can use it for DJ systems, touring sound systems, and more. It is a 2-channel power amplifier with a peak power rating of 2,000W. Aspects like superior audio quality, ample power, and QSC reliability make sure RMX5050a can compete with expensive power amplifiers.
- It can deliver 1,800W per channel at 4Ω.
- Sound performance is optimized with selectable low-frequency filters and user-defeatable clip limiters.
- Input connections it supports are balanced 1/4” TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs.
- It also comes with binding post and Neutrik Speakon outputs.
- Gain control is easily accessible at the front.
- Performance monitoring is streamlined with signal and clip LED indicators.
Pros And Cons
One of the most user-friendly and efficient amplifiers in this QSC power amplifier review is the QSC PLD 4.2. Each of its 4 channels can deliver 700W. The amplifier is loaded with a DSP onboard available for each channel, PowerLight universal power supply, and proper connectors. All of them make the amplifier perfect for production and live sound applications.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) powers the majority of loudspeaker systems. It does this by dividing overall amplifier power across any or all of the 4 channels.
- 4 channels of onboard loudspeaker DSP equipped with crossover and parametric EQ filters, alignment delay, and limiting removes dependence for extra loudspeaker processors.
- 20 factory preset configurations are available. They can be adapted and saved within the 50 users presets.
- Sound performance is optimized with the Intrinsic Correction processing.
- For connections, it comes with 4 input XLR connectors and 6 NL4 output connectors.
- The front panel contains mute and channel select buttons.
- There is support for input and output LED metering.
- For easy switching, the amplifier has a LED power button.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best QSC Power Amplifier?
From dozens of available choices for power amplifiers from this manufacturer, it may be confusing to pick the most pertinent one. This part of the QSC power amplifier review highlights the important aspects to consider.
1. Power output
Just like any other power amplifier, you need to consider power output in watts for QSC power amplifiers. To gain maximum benefit from your PA system, make sure to look at the continuous or RMS power rating (watts) and impedance ratings (ohms) of your loudspeakers.
You need to choose an amplifier that can deliver nearly twice the continuous or RMS power of your speakers. To better understand this, for example, a loudspeaker is rated for 300W continuous power and has an impedance of 8 ohms. If you want to power a pair of these speakers then you will need a power amplifier that can deliver 600W in 8 ohms, in both channels.
2. When to choose PLX2 Series?
When you intend to obtain clean audio for your pro applications then go for the PLX2 series from QSC. It is the second generation series from the manufacturer. All power amplifiers from this series present exceptionally clear audio without distortion. For reducing crossover distortion, such power amplifiers make accurate amendments according to temperature changes. This implies that such amplifiers provide clean, consistent sound irrespective of how hard you drive them.
Generally, QSC’s PLX “02” amplifiers can power up to 4 loudspeakers from each of the 2 channels. Such amplifiers are perfect for tremendously high-power bridge mono applications. Moreover, lights at the front panel in such amplifiers depict bridged mode operation.
3. When to choose GX and GXD Series?
QSC’s GX and GXD Series power amplifiers are well-known for efficiency, reliability, and ease of use. They present a clear-cut solution for clear power output without more expenses. Moreover, such amplifiers add the PowerLight supply into a Class H output section. So, they provide them an outstanding power-to-weight ratio.
It is observed that power amplifiers from the GX series contain GuardRail limiting. This functionality decreases gain during overheating or continuous clipping. Hence, it protects your speakers and avoids high shutdowns or distortion. Furthermore, GX series power amplifiers come with lower wattages. Thus, they are a perfect fit for smaller PA systems that require reliable QSC power.
On the other hand, QSC’s GXD power amplifiers provide high wattage power output. Moreover, they contain easy-to-use DSP allowing you to set up and adjust your PA system without using an outboard loudspeaker processor.
4. When to choose RMXa Series?
Power amplifiers from the QSC’s RMXa Series are built in rugged construction. They are renowned for presenting clean, constant power because they incorporate huge filter capacitance and high-current toroidal transformers.
These amplifiers maintain signal consistency by discarding high-level transients. Consequently, they deliver flat frequency response and low distortion. Since RMXa power amplifiers are available in a wide range of wattages, they are suitable for any small or big venue.
5. When to choose PLD Series: Powerful DSP Tools to Streamline Your Rig
In addition to merely powering your speakers, the QSC’s PLD series power amplifiers present advanced DSP tools. These tools help you to tune your PA system. So, they remove dependence on outboard loudspeaker processors. All power amplifiers from this series can power a maximum of 4 channels.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking QSC Power Amplifier
1. What is the need for a high wattage power amplifier?
A power amplifier makes sure the audience can hear the singer across the huge wall of sound originating from the guitarist’s instruments. It delivers the sound from the drum set, half stack, and the roar of the bass cab. Therefore, you need a power amp that presents ample wattage and plenty of headroom. These aspects convey your stage performance to the audience. This aspect helps you better understand this QSC power amplifier review.
2. Are power amplifiers from QSC reliable?
QSC power amplifiers are reliable and deliver high-performance output. The sound output is quite impressive. But the only drawback is when used in home applications, the fans get noisy.
3. Where are the QSC amplifiers manufactured?
QSC became a famous name for the manufacturing of amplifiers for Dolby Labs. Presently, the company makes amplifiers at a new manufacturing site located in Costa Mesa, California.
The present QSC power amplifier review clears the confusion on which power amplifier to choose from this reliable manufacturer. These amplifiers deliver professional sound quality with great clarity and low distortion. It is easy to get the one that suits all your requirements, within your budget. Moreover, these amplifiers are suitable for small and large venues without compromising on audio quality.
Enjoyed this QSC power amplifier review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the best crown power amplifier.