Are you struggling with inadequate storage space? Well, external hard disks serve as the reliable and fastest approach to enhance the data storage capacity of the device. You can also use it in form of portable storage. The crucial aspect to consider when choosing an external hard drive is the storage capacity. If you want to store plenty of massive files but you choose an external hard drive with low storage capacity then your investment goes in vain. A 10TB external hard drive is perfect for backing up plenty of massive files and taking it on the go.
The 10TB external hard drives provide ample storage space to store most of your files’ collection. They are not just renowned for massive storage capacity but they also facilitate fast read and write speed. Equipping a 10TB external HDD lets your PC system work flawlessly without significant heating concerns. Without delays, now let’s dive deep into the following sections to choose the best 10TB external hard drive.
List of The Best 10TB External Hard Drive
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 10TB external hard drive in 2022 below.
This Seagate drive is the best 10TB external hard drive on this list owing to the extraordinary features it provides. It is perfect for homes and offices. You benefit from massive desktop storage space for storing lots of photos, music, movies, and more. Transferring and backing up content is quite simple; simply drag and drop. You just need to plug the drive in the USB cable and power adapter.
To complete the setup, you need to connect the drive to Mac or Windows OS; no software is needed. For use with Apple Time Machine, you just need to reformat it. The compact and lightweight design offer portability. An 18W power adapter and an 18-inch USB 3.0 cable are included.
- It supports automatic recognition of Windows and Mac PCs for easy setup.
- Rescue Data Recovery Services and limited warranty are available.
- An external power adapter is not needed.
- An option is available to secure files. It takes 20 seconds to register the device.
Pros And Cons
This WD Elements desktop hard drive comes with a USB 3.0 interface that provides reliable, fast data transfer rates. The drive supports universal connectivity with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices. The sleek design offers portability. Compared to smaller external hard drives, the read and write speeds are faster.
For normal use, the data transfer speeds are acceptable. Since the drive is only convection cooled, it does get slightly warm. So, it is not recommended to enclose it excessively else it can reduce longevity.
- The read speed is 113.5 Mbps.
- The cache size is 10.
- Platters are held vertically which is better than horizontal alignment found in other hard drives.
- Vents are included to allow warm air to quickly discharge from the top and let cooling air penetrate the bottom.
- This drive is suitable for high-quality 3D rendering.
Pros And Cons
For all-in-one computers and SSD-based laptops having limited storage capacity, this LaCie drive can serve as the best 10TB external hard drive. It is a professional desktop drive implemented with the latest features. The storage capacity can be extended up to 16 TB for bandwidth-intensive creative applications. The operation is flawless on PCs and Macs. Its ability to provide reliability and industry-leading performance make your system work more efficiently.
It is compatible with USB-C and USB 3.0 interfaces. The included cables are enough to make connections. Due to the whisper-quiet fan, the heat dissipation is efficient. It ensures silent operation every time. Moreover, the enclosure is made from a single sheet of aluminum. It offers excellent rigidity and durability. This 10TB external hard drive is a perfect choice for you if you don’t require Thunderbolt 3 transfer rates.
- With speed up to 240 MB/s and 10 TB of enormous capacity, this drive lets you effortlessly
- edit and archive projects.
- The 240 Mb/s speed suggests less time for transferring files from camera cards in Adobe Lightroom. This speed offers more time to fill camera cards with new footage and photos.
- The aluminum form factor reduces vibration and noise.
- Being the BarraCuda Pro enterprise-class, the performance and reliability is excellent.
- A 1-month complimentary membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan is available. It lets you transform raw footage into smooth productions.
- This drive lets you discover the collection of mobile and desktop apps varying from essentials like Adobe Photoshop CC to cutting-edge tools for 3D compositing, photography, and more.
- Rescue Data Recovery Service Plans are supported for 5 years.
Pros And Cons
Fantom 10TB external hard drive mentioned above is an impeccable choice for video and audio professionals who need maximum performance. The 7200 RPM speed is found faster than the hard drives belonging to the 5400 RPM series. The latest USB 3.0 offers transfer rates up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
For Windows PC, the setup is plug & play. You just need to connect the USB cable and the power adapter. To use it with Mac or other OS, you need to perform a quick format of the 500 GB hard drive. The sturdy aluminum casing functions as a natural heat sink that facilitates a fan-free design. You can position the Gforce 3 Pro vertically or horizontally to optimize your workspace. This is possible with the included adjustable stand.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 offers a quick file transfer rate.
- This drive is backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- This GFORCE 3 drive is made from robust aluminum with a chic brushed black finish.
- The list of compatible operating systems is Windows 7 or later and Mac OS x 10.6 or later.
- The list of compatible devices are PCs, One, PS4 (PlayStation 4), Macbook Pro, Xbox, and any other devices demanding quick data transfer.
Pros And Cons
Are you in search of a hard drive compatible with USB & Thunderbolt 3 and yet provide a fast data transfer rate? If yes then this MiniPro drive can be the best 10TB external hard drive for your needs. It is a MiniPro Dura RAID drive with rugged construction. It offers a cutting-edge USB-C connection for compatibility for connecting all USB and Thunderbolt 3 supported devices.
The shockproof design resists damage from external elements. This robust design also boasts an aluminum body enclosed in a silicon rubber sleeve. This casing offers impact resistance and maximum protection.
This 10 TB external hard drive is a great investment to protect your photographs and other file collection. It lets you free up space on your computer. Accessories in the pack are a USB C-A cable, a USB C-C cable, a power adapter, and a user guide.
- Two 5 TB Seagate ST5000LM000 are installed to provide 10 TB capacity.
- It can be bus-powered or powered by an included external adapter power.
- It is configurable for RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD, and big modes; no software is required.
- Power management technology is implemented. It makes sure that if the PC rolls into sleep mode, the MiniPro will follow.
- This drive can work as two independent drives (by default) or could be configured as a hardware RAID system.
- When used as a Raid0, the maximum read/write speed reaches up to 250 Mbps.
- Dimensions of this drive are 7 inches (L) x 5.7 inches (W) x 1.4 inches (H).
Pros And Cons
The Novus 10 TB external hard drive is competent in delivering quick, high-capacity storage to eliminate your storage space issues. It boasts a stylish and portable design. Its manufacturing involved rigorous development and testing. These rigorous processes make sure the most reliable components are chosen to convey the finest performance and reliability.
To ensure longevity, Novus designed this 10TB external hard drive with an aluminum body. This body is covered within a silicon rubber sleeve. So, the drive attains maximum protection and also resists impact. If you wish to carry a huge amount of data then you need not worry about accidental drops. Since the case is rugged, it keeps the interior structure safe. Consequently, it prolongs the lifespan of the drive. You get a USB C-A cable, a USB C-C cable, and a 12V/2A external power adapter in the package.
- The USB-C interface makes the drive compatible with all Thunderbolt 3 and USB devices.
- The maximum data transfer rate is up to 250 MB/s.
- The drive comes formatted to be used with Mac and Windows.
- Dimensions are 7.75 inches (L) x 4.5 inches (W) x 1.7 inches (H) and the weight is 3 pounds.
Pros And Cons
If you are looking for excellent data encryption and safety then this Apricorn drive is the best 10TB external hard drive on this list. It is a hardware encrypted desktop drive with a USB 3.0 interface. It is a suitable choice for personal and business uses. Various storage capacities are available for this same model. It is a plug & play drive that offers supreme security.
The software-free design of Padlock DT implies that it can easily be deployed without requiring Admin rights. It can work with any USB-enabled operating system. This further implies that this 10TB external drive offers wide compatibility and versatility.
A practical drive reset feature is implemented. It clears out all data and PINs. Furthermore, it creates afresh randomly generated encryption key that allows the drive to be redeployed as required.
Apart from encrypting all of the data, PINs, and the encryption key on its own, the circuitry and encryption chip of the Aegis Padlock DT are fully protected through a tough epoxy compound. This compound is virtually impossible to discard without causing lasting damage to the other electronic components. The pack contains a USB 3.0 cable, a quick start manual, and an AC adapter.
- The form factor is 3.5 inches.
- Apricorn DT provides 256-bit AES XTS hardware encryption. Also, it validates the PIN number through the incorporated keypad.
- It is Aegis Configurator ready and could be configured using independent Admin and User PIN’s, and Recovery PINs.
- Distinct User and Admin modes are available.
- There is the use of Admin and User Forced Enrollment.
- Programmable Brute-Force Defense is used.
- Other features include two read-only modes, an unattended auto-lock, lock override for remote booting, and a lock slot (to secure the drive to a permanent fixture.)
- This drive comes pre-formatted in NTFS.
- It weighs 2.5 pounds.
Pros And Cons
The aforementioned Glyph 10TB external hard drive is a production-grade external hard drive implemented with cutting-edge technology. With choices like USB 3.0, eSATA, and FireWire 800, you can connect your PC through the interface you prefer.
With an EASA input, you can easily maintain a huge database of recorded programs. At full throttle, the drive barely gets heated up and runs quietly.
This 10 TB external hard drive can work with professional-grade power supplies. An autonomous cooling system ensures data safety. For iMac, this one is a wonderful backup drive. With the purchase, you get a full 3-year warranty comprising of 2 years of level-1 data recovery and 1-year of advance replacement service.
- The hard disk rotational speed is 7200 RPM.
- The maximum data transfer rate is up to 250 MB/s.
- Compatible operating systems include Windows Vista or higher version and MAC OS X 10.4 or higher version.
- It comes formatted for Mac and can be easily reformatted for Windows.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 10TB External Hard Drive?
If you are perplexed on how to get the best 10TB external hard drive, the parameters described below will simplify your buying process.
The connectivity technology and transfer speed decide the standard of any external storage device. Typical connectivity options used in hard disks are USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and USB 3.1. Of these, USB 3.1 is the fastest but it comes at an expensive price.
The recommended connectivity option for a 10 TB external hard drive is USB 3.0. It provides a maximum transfer speed of up to 640 Mbps. This limit is approx. 10 times more than that of USB 2.0. It is vital to check the data transfer speed before buying a 10 TB external hard drive. You may find a 250 Mbps data transfer rate in some of the discussed hard drives.
To prevent misuse and ensure data safety, an external hard drive should support the password-protection option. This is a crucial feature to consider for a 10 TB external hard drive because it is not feasible to let your valuable files be accessible by anyone.
Along with password protection, another crucial security feature to consider is data encryption. It ensures data safety from unethical access by hackers. Generally, hardware encryption is better than software encryption since the encryption process is distinct from the remaining components of the system. So, hardware encryption makes it harder to break or intercept by hackers. Look for what encryption standard the drive support and then proceed with the purchase.
If you frequently travel and wish to use an external hard drive with your laptop then you need to consider portability. Look for the weight and dimension of the drive. Overall size must be compact enough for ease of carrying along. Many of the discussed 10 TB external hard drives weigh 2 to 4 pounds which offer portability.
FAQs When Picking The Best 10TB External Hard Drive
1. Which operating systems are supported by 10TB external hard drives?
The latest 10 TB external hard drives from renowned brands support almost all operating systems that include Windows and Mac OS. Based on the PC system you use, check whether the specific version of the OS is supported by the drive you choose. Many of the topmost10 TB external hard drives support Windows 10/8/7/XP and Mac OS x 10.4 or later. Moreover, the manufacturers of these drives constantly update their software to support forthcoming operating systems.
2. Is it safe to save data in portable drives?
Yes, password protection and hardware encryption keep your data safe against unethical activities. On the other hand, external hard drives with automatic backup guarantee quick recovery of data in case something abnormal happens to the drive.
3. How to connect an external hard drive with a mobile?
You can connect your external hard drive with the smartphone through the OTG cable.
4. What is the lifespan of the best 10TB External Hard Drive?
A top-notch 10TB external hard drive comes with a lifespan of approx. 3-5 years. If your drive is stored in a decent condition, it will enhance its longevity. To ensure data safety for the long term, it is recommended to substitute your hard drive from time to time. By doing this, you will always be beneficial of the cutting-edge technology.
5. How can you make your external hard drive last longer?
Carrying an external hard drive in a cover makes sure it stays protected from physical damage. You can safely place the drive in a bag or drawer or cupboard to improve its longevity. Make sure to turn it on only when required. Also, remember to not switch off your computer while the drive is connected and working.
The data storage space needs are increasing day by day. It usually costs more to upgrade your old devices/systems. Upgrading your PC system by equipping a 10TB external hard drive facilitates you with massive storage capacity. With the inclusion of the best 10TB external hard drive, you will find some performance improvement in your system. These drives offer quick data transfer rate to ultimately boost your work productivity. Their ability to work with a broad range of devices and operating systems make them versatile for various applications.
Enjoyed this? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best 10TB Internal Hard Drive.