The activities like archery and hunting are getting popular these days. With the proper set of equipment, it becomes easy to accomplish these outdoor activities. Crossbows are quite popular for these activities. They are weapons for shooting arrows. They are made of a curved piece of durable wood with a rigid cord to impel the arrow. And you can enjoy archery and hunting with a good crossbow under 500 dollars.
It may seem challenging to find a top-rated crossbow at an affordable price. The best crossbows under $500 are equipped with an easy-to-use rope cocking device, compound or recurve limbs, a reliable anti-dry-fire system, and thumb and finger protection. Also, there is an incorporated rail and frame that absorb vibration and alleviate stress from the limbs. Within your budget, you can easily get the best crossbow under 500 dollars from the following section.
List of The Best Crossbow Under 500 Dollars
Check out the thorough reviews of the best crossbow under 500 dollars below.
Enhance your hunting accuracy with fun through this best crossbow under 500 dollars on this list. When it comes to shooting speed, comfort, safety, and affordable price, this crossbow fulfills all the basic expectations of customers. It is essentially a high-performance whitetail hunter STR compound crossbow presented in mossy oak bottomland. All necessary accessories are packed.
Weighing only 6.6 pounds, it is extremely easy and safe to carry around. Its structure is lightweight because its design showcases fiberglass composite step-thru riser along with the single bolt assembly as well as anti-dry fire trigger. Although you carry it frequently to various outdoor places, you find extreme comfort.
This Barnett crossbow is found compatible with the Barnett 17455 crank cocking device. The crossbow set comes mostly assembled to save you time. You get a 4 mm x 32 mm Multi-Reticle scope, rope coking device, lightweight quiver, two 22-inch headhunter arrows, and lube wax.
- The shooting speed is 375 fps (feet per second).
- The maximum kinetic energy is 118.6 feet pounds.
- The axle-to-axle width is 18.125 inches.
- The ADF and nock sensor eliminate dry fires.
- The spring-loaded type safety bar stays in place until the arrow is positioned appropriately. So, the user stays protected from shooting the crossbow without fully loading the arrow.
- With the direct integration of the foot stirrup inside the riser assembly, the step-through riser designs extend the power stroke. It eliminates the need for positioning the cocking string further than arm’s length.
- MIM triggers offer the maximum possible tolerance.
- Overall dimensions are 34.875 x 20.125 inches.
Pros And Cons
This latest hunting crossbow enhances your reload time, firing pace, and striking power. Its components like a quiver, scope, and 3 bolts provide you the edge you require to accomplish the complicated shot. Hence, you can increase your winning odds.
The design showcases a robust aluminum frame equipped with an adaptable stock. It lets you enjoy a comfortable fit. Furthermore, string suppressors and Dead Silent limb guarantee noise-free operation so that your prey doesn’t get surprised. The incorporated rope-cocker turns the reloading process efficient.
The adjustable IR scope supports a long-range target. It enables you to shoot even in low light. Accessories packed in are 3 reusable Hyper carbon bolts, a 5-bolt quiver, and Hyper carbon cross bolts.
- The shooting speed is 405 fps.
- The maximum kinetic energy is 134 foot-pounds.
- The butt-stock is adjustable in 6 positions. It perfectly fits a wide range of users’ hands without compromising on comfort.
- The aluminum barrel stock can sustain wear & tear.
- The implemented tough and responsive mechanism lets you hit quick, small games as well as huge animals.
Pros And Cons
In terms of high performance and ease of handling this Barnett product can be the best crossbow under 500 dollars. It packs in all necessary features at a reasonable price. The weight of 6.2 lbs suggests that it is extremely comfortable to move it at different places.
It ships as a complete hunting accessory package that contains two 20-inch carbon arrows, a 4 mm x 32 mm multi-reticle scope, a rail lube wax, string, and side-mount quiver. It is easy to discard the cheek piece and then install a compatible crank cocking device.
- The shooting speed is 400 fps.
- The axle-to-axle width is 16.25 inches.
- Frictionless Release Technology is implemented.
- The cheek rest and buttstock are adjustable.
- Soft Lok floating bristle arrow retainer is included to avoid dry-firing.
- Overall dimensions are 34.5 inches x 37 inches.
Pros And Cons
Once you properly assembly this Centerpoint crossbow, you can easily target it with 6 shots. With the included scope, you can fire it up to 50 yards and the accuracy is excellent. You need to target each arrow to a varied target or else the arrows will get damaged.
The accuracy is uncompromised up to 50 meters of distance. Moreover, the scope can be easily installed and targeted at 20 meters. The use of quality aluminum makes the overall design durable yet lightweight. It feels comfortable to carry this crossbow anywhere and maneuver it easily on the field.
You may need to dedicate some time to get used to cocking the string. Once you master it, this crossbow is unbeatable. The pack contains two 4 mm x 32 mm scope, 20-inch carbon bolts, a rope cocker, a quiver, and a shoulder sling.
- The crossbow guarantees excellent performance at 370 fps shooting speed.
- At full draw, the axle to axle width is 18 inches.
- The maximum draw weight is 185 pounds.
- The foregrip and stock are fully adjustable. They provide a personalized fit to your shoulder.
- There is an inclusion of quad limbs with the precision-machined cams system. It conveys enough accuracy and power.
- The shoot-through riser is included.
- Built-in string suppressors convey quiet shots free from vibrations.
- The anti-dry fire trigger is ambidextrous for left and right handed hunters.
Pros And Cons
Obtain enough accuracy and speed with this Barnett Assault 350 crossbow. It is meticulously designed to provide you with everything you require in the field while hunting. You can gradually enhance your odds of winning. Moreover, this crossbow presents a handy 150 pounds of draw weight. When you intend to enhance your hunting talents without safety concerns, this product can be the best crossbow under 500 dollars for you.
6.4 lbs of the weight of this crossbow suggest that it is quite comfortable to carry around. The pack contains a 4 mm x 32 mm Multi-Reticle scope, rope cocking device, lube wax, and a lightweight quiver. Since it comes mostly assembled, you can easily complete the installation.
- The shooting speed is 350 fps.
- The kinetic energy is 104 ft. lbs.
- The zero creep release is 3 lb.
- The total length of the crossbow is 34.25 inches.
- The axle-to-axle width is 16.125 inches.
- The power stroke is 12.5.
- TriggerTech Frictionless Release Technology is implemented. It enables smooth and precise shots.
- The implementation of the Anti Dry Fire (ADF) trigger avoids you from shooting without an arrow.
- Your hands stay protected while shooting due to the presence of above grip finger guards.
- Soft-Lock floating bristle arrow retainer facilitates constant firing.
Pros And Cons
Now you can continue practicing your hunting shots several times until you become a pro hunter. This is possible with this Bear X Intense CD crossbow. This crossbow is renowned for delivering extremely powerful performance despite boasting a compact platform. For hunting, tactical, and military applications, this crossbow is an ideal choice.
The anti-dry fire system makes this crossbow an ultimate deal-breaker. It avoids dry firing. This feature is now a basic necessity in modern crossbows and the same is implemented in this product. It is easy to install the scope, foot-stirrup, and quiver on your own. You can accomplish the installation in a few minutes. In the pack, you get three Bear X TrueX arrows, a 4-arrow quiver, a scope, and a rail lube.
- The 12.7” power stroke provides hard-hitting power at 400 fps.
- The width is 10 inches (cocked) and 14 inches (uncocked).
- The hand orientation is ambidextrous.
- With an adjustable buttstock, it is extremely adjustable as per your preference.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Crossbow Under 500 Dollars?
To save you time and avoid spending excessively on inefficient crossbows, the below section is worth reading. It aids you to choose the best crossbow under 500 dollars incorporating all your needs.
1. Energy and speed
Usually, high-end crossbows come with an arrow speed of 400+ fps. On the other hand, inexpensive crossbows come with a shooting speed of around 300 fps. Though the speed of affordably priced crossbows is slower, it is enough to work well for hunting and archery. For casual hunting and target practice, a crossbow with 350 fps arrow speed is a recommended choice.
The same holds for energy, with slow speed and power strokes, the kinetic energy. But the corresponding kinetic energy is more than sufficient to shoot an animal located in close range. Along with these aspects, you also need to check the speed of the crossbow as per the distance is. It is possible to get a crossbow that can provide a speed of 40 yards.
Certain crossbows under $500 are implemented with an anti-dry fire system and auto safety. These safety features protect the crossbow from getting damaged. Also, they protect your hands and fingers against injury. It is better to choose a crossbow with auto-engaging safety that makes sure you need not remember to reset the safety features before drawing.
3. Cocking system
When you are all ready to begin hunting, the eventual thing you will expect is to frighten your prey when latching. Hence, it is recommended to look at the cocking system before purchasing. Choose a crossbow with a smooth latching system that is also useful to timely wax lube the crossbow.
The fundamental need of a crossbow is the scope. Without which, hunting is impossible. Go for a crossbow with a scope that allows you to easily shoot your target. After you get accustomed to it, you can look for a crossbow with advanced scope. It is always recommended to get the crossbow that offers the attached scope.
Certainly, crossbows are not meant to be played while sitting idle. You need to frequently carry them to different places and use them anytime. Henceforth, you need to check its weight and also check whether it comes in a portable design or not. Many of the latest crossbows designed for harp and advanced shooting are attached with plenty of accessories. However, some of the manufacturers try their best to make the overall crossbow model as lightweight as possible.
The expert hunters always appreciate lightweight crossbows. They are comfortable to carry and handle. Typically, experts recommend a crossbow that weighs approx. 5 – 6.5 pounds.
Without necessary accessories, it is not possible to effectively use the crossbow. Always check what accessories are packed inside the crossbow before purchasing. Even at a budget of $500, you can easily find a crossbow packed with all essential accessories. Some common accessories packed in the budget-friendly crossbows include a quiver, a red dot sight scope, arrows, rope cocker, lube wax, and sling mount.
In certain crossbow packages, the included accessories are not of superior quality. If you anticipate longevity then look for a crossbow package that includes durably built accessories. Alternatively, you can buy the related accessories separately.
FAQs When Picking The Best Crossbow Under 500 Dollars
1. How much draw weight is needed in the crossbow?
The majority of the hunters target medium to the big range for hunting black bear, deer, moose, etc. The 150lbs draw weight is recommended when you intend to get the best crossbow under 500 dollars. For hunting larger prey, you will require a crossbow with higher draw weight and velocity.
2. What it means by Reverse Draw Crossbows?
RDT (Reverse Draw Technology) is known as the cutting-edge innovation in the field of crossbows. The reverse draw crossbows come in form of compound crossbows equipped with reversed limbs. Their design shows the limbs near shoulder stock. Moreover, such crossbows add an additional bow string to drive the bolt forward when making a tremendously compact bow.
3. What it means by Trigger Creep?
It indicates the positive moment of trigger that causes the sear to shift and also engages the mainspring.
4. What are the features of the top-rated ten-point crossbows?
The best ten-point crossbows are implemented with features like lightweight and compact design, fast shooting speed, illuminated scope, best draw weight, ease of handling, and noise suppression.
5. What is the lifespan of a crossbow?
The lifespan of a crossbow relies on how you use it and what materials are used in its manufacturing. Usually, the lifespan found in typical crossbows is 5 years or more. It is the strings that get damaged quickly. The strings in most crossbows run for up to 5 years. Choose a crossbow that comes in durable construction so that you need not replace it frequently.
6. What are the advantages of using a heavy crossbow and a lightweight crossbow?
A heavier crossbow is easier to keep stable while shooting. On the other hand, a lighter crossbow is easy to carry around in tight spots. Look at your needs and physical limitations, accordingly, choose a lightweight or heavy crossbow.
Irrespective of your hunting experience, a meticulous selection of crossbows helps you to enjoy hunting and archery at your best. If you are on a tight budget then any of the best crossbow under 500 dollars from the above selection prove to be worthwhile. These crossbows provide great shooting accuracy and offer you great flexibility. All of them are safe to use and there are no worries about discomfort or injuries to your hands.
Enjoyed this? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best Crossbow Under 1000 Dollars.