Safety of valuables is of top priority in recent times because of rising incidences of fraud. In addition to protecting yourself, you also need to make a proper provision for the protection of your valuables. A cabinet safe is one of the best equipment for protecting different valuables ranging from your treasured jewelry to belongings. Now you can make your treasured possessions burglar-proof by investing in the reliable cabinet safes.
The recent models of cabinet safes are designed fireproof and waterproof. So, irrespective of the environment, it can fully protect your valuables. The cabinet safes minimize the jeopardy associated with the storage of flammable substances. They also minimize the amount of vapor discharged into the working environment. If you are on the hunt for safe storage for your collection like treasures, jewelry, cash, valuable heirlooms, and other items then you can check out the below section. From this selection, you can conveniently pick the best cabinet safe.
List of The Best Cabinet Safes
Check out the thorough reviews of the best cabinet safes in 2022 below.
The ability to withstand up to 1700°F for an hour gives an idea that this SFW123GDC model can be the best cabinet safe from SentrySafe. It is UL Classified to endure this high temperature for an hour. While withstanding excessive temperature, it keeps interior temperature safe. Therefore, your valuables, documents, USBs, and DVDs always stay safe. Moreover, this SentrySafe cabinet safe is ETL Verified to sustain a 15 feet fall during a fire and stay closed. To convey optimal performance, SentrySafe suggests the use of branded, alkaline AAA batteries that come with an expiration date of 8-10 years.
- To ensure powerful security, you can set your own digital combination fire safe through a secondary locking key.
- The structure of this cabinet safe boasts steel construction, four live-locking bolts, a locking drawer, a pry-resistant hinge bar, bolt-down hardware, and interior light.
- This waterproof cabinet safe is ETL Verified to provide 24 hours of protection in water for up to 8 inches of depth. So, it assures peace of mind during floods.
- The backlit keypad facilitates combination visibility even when the cabinet safe is stored in a dimly lit closet.
- The secondary locking key allows the safe owners to deactivate the primary lock, although other people are familiar with the combination or access code.
- This safe weighs 86.69 pounds.
Pros And Cons
If you are looking for a cabinet safe with roomy storage capacity then you can consider this home security cabinet safe from Amazon Basics. It comes with a 1.52 cubic feet capacity that lets you store jewelry, important documents, and other valuables.
The programmable electronic keypad facilitates easy and safe operation. A backup key is available for emergency use. It can bypass the keypad. You need to insert AA batteries for the operation. For effortless wall and floor mounting, the package includes hardware and pre-drilled mounting holes.
- The 14-gauge steel body and 8-gauge steel door lead to heavy-duty carbon-steel construction for utmost durability.
- To provide exceptional security, it comes with pry-resistant hidden hinges and 2 live-door bolts.
- With a backup manual key and a programmable electronic keypad, this cabinet safe provides rapid setup and safe operation.
- The dimensions of exterior are 13.8 x 13 x 16.5 inches (L x W x H) and interior dimensions are 13.6 x 10.6 x 16.4 inches (L x W x H).
- The safe weighs 37.6 pounds.
Pros And Cons
What makes this TIGERKING safe box one of the best cabinet safe is its large storage capacity i.e. 2.05 cubic feet. This high-security digital safe is built from durable thick steel material for lasting protection. With the help of 3-sided, 6 live locking bolts, this home safe provides physical protection against forced entry.
The large interior space lets you load nearly all valuables, jewelry, cash, documents, pistol, and more. Moreover, the detachable shelves assist you in neatly organizing your important stuff. The interior locking adds additional protection for privacy. The soft internal layers defend your irreplaceable belongings against damages or scratches. The classic colors and well-designed cabinet seamlessly match the decoration of your home or office or hotel. Considering all the above features, this home safe is a good deal for the price.
- By setting your digital combination, you can quickly access your valuables.
- This safe supports digital lock with manual override. The override key is helpful when you forget your code.
- The secondary lock (master key lock) offers extra protection. When somebody gets your emergency key or code, they would be shut out of the door when the secondary lock is activated.
Pros And Cons
Now you can protect passports, money, and jewelry with the help of this electronic digital safe. Being multipurpose, it can securely stash other items like documents, cash, heirlooms, and more. So, you will relish the peace of mind by knowing that all your valuables are safely locked up. Due to its great size and sturdy design, the digital safe can conveniently be utilized in home or business, and it can be mounted on your wall or floor for added security. The pack contains 2 expansion screws and 4 AA batteries.
- With the help of 2 manual override keys, there are no concerns about getting locked out of your safe.
- In case you forget the code, it can be mounted on the floor or wall for extra security.
- After 3 wrong entries, the alarm would sound for 20 seconds. After 3 more wrong entries, it would sound for 5 minutes. So, you will be informed about the theft attempt.
Pros And Cons
Do you want to keep your valuables extremely protected against fire and water? If yes then this small money safe box can be the best cabinet safe for your needs. With the additional fireproof money bag and the holeless design, this fireproof safe lockbox set offers excellent water and fire protection.
The digital keypad is designed to protect your tiny valuables like money, jewelry, passport, etc. against invasion and theft. Also, this money safe box is suitable for emergency preparation. It works perfectly as hotel safe, home safe, closet safe, and money safe.
- With a capacity of 0.2 cubic feet, this money safe box can be safely concealed inside a cabinet safe or drawer or shelf, or nightstand.
- The exterior dimensions are 9 x 6.6 x 6.5 inches.
- With the help of a digital keypad, this safe box can be easily unlocked by PASS CODE + Button “E”.
- If there is a battery issue or you forget the password, you can use the two override emergency keys for opening and resetting the passcode.
- If an incorrect code is entered 3 times successively, the keypad disables in 5 minutes.
- To assure excellent security when the box is locked, this safe box comes with a recessed door, pry-resistant hidden hinges, and 2 live-steel locking bolts.
Pros And Cons
Ensure complete security of your important belongings of different sizes with this SentrySafe fireproof box. It comes in a classic black color design to complement well with other furniture. The privacy key offers extra security. A carrying handle is available to protect your valuables o the go. If you want to make sure this unit performs efficiently during a fire, you can store it closed and locked, and feet down. Make sure the front plate with the key is facing outward and 2 keys are included.
- The storage capacity is 0.18 cubic feet.
- It is UL Classified to withstand up to 1550°F temperature for 30 minutes. So, it protects valuables and irreplaceable documents against fire.
- It is ETL verified to protect DVDs, CDs, and USBs against fire destruction.
- A flat key lock is available to make sure the lid doesn’t open up during a fire.
- The exterior dimensions are 11.2 x 14.3 x 6.1 inches (D x W x H).
- The interior dimensions are 7.5 x 12 x 3.5 inches (D x W x H).
Pros And Cons
When it comes to storing pistols, you need to meticulously choose the best cabinet safe. This biometric fingerprint safe box is a slide-away handgun safe for the storage of two pistols. It can also be used as a drawer safe and storage safe. With the use of this pistol safe, you and your family stay protected from firearms. From the automatic opening door, you can quickly access your gun safe, valuables, firearm(s), and documents. The backlit keypad facilitates quick locking and unlocking. A spare key is included.
For durability, it comes in shatterproof solid steel wall construction. To further enhance durability, this cabinet safe features a pry-resistant door and robust dual-layer steel housing. The latest internal safety bracket and built-in hinges provide maximum protection against break-ins. For easy floor mounting, the package includes hardware and pre-drilled holes.
- This gun safe can store up to 20 individual fingerprints.
- The touch lifetime is 1,000,000+ times.
- The backlit keypad supports silent and light mode.
- The light mode is helpful in low-light conditions to spot your pistol safe
- The silent mode is useful when there are intruders during the night or you wish to use the cabinet safe without disturbing others.
- The wrong access alarm activates when there are repetitive wrong entries.
Pros And Cons
HONEYWELL 6108 security safe box is perfect for homes, small offices, travel, etc. It keeps your valuables safe against unwanted access. No worries about theft and tampering. Two entry keys (helpful during misplacement or multiple users) and a programmable digital lock are included. Apart from securing your valuable possession, this safe box is also extensively used for protecting your critical and irreplaceable documents.
The safe box contains a foam padded floor mat to make sure your valuables stay in pristine condition. Long-lasting usage is guaranteed with a well-built double steel wall construction. The fire-resistant insulation further enhances the durability. The 1-year limited warranty is available.
- With options of digital locks and key locks, you can protect your electronics, cash, and other tiny valuables.
- The hidden hinge protects your tiny valuables from users by avoiding prying of the door.
- The robust powder coating finish protects the safe against scratches. It gives it a clean look for years.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Cabinet Safes?
You can stay away from confusion and can end up choosing the best cabinet safe after taking into account the following factors.
1. Lock type
Different types of locks can be found on different models of cabinet safes. The traditional combination lock is still found in some older models. Many of the recent models of cabinet safes come with the modern electronic lock. You can also find biometric fingerprint locks in some of the cabinet safes and these lock types are gaining huge popularity. This is because they can’t be copied and stay personal to the user. On the other hand, a simple key lock is also found as a backup locking option in a few models of cabinet safes.
Some fireproof cabinet safes come with a keypad allowing you to enter a passcode for unlocking. Certain cabinet safes use a combination lock which removes the hassles of lock-picking that may arise due to a keyhole. The presence of multiple live-locking bolts increases the security in some cabinet safes.
2. Safety features
Multiple safety features are implemented in the best cabinet safes. If your region is susceptible to forest fires or floods then you can choose a fireproof and waterproof cabinet safe. Irrespective of your location, it is recommended to choose a cabinet safe with live locking bolts and concealed hinges that protect the safe from being pried open. If you store firearms and want to get them during an emergency, you need a fast-access personal cabinet safe.
3. Storage capacity
Carefully choose a cabinet safe after assessing your storage needs. You need to determine what types of valuables you intend to store. If you intend to store tiny valuables in a few numbers then look for a cabinet safe with small storage space. On the other hand, if you want to store plenty of valuables of different sizes then look for a spacious cabinet safe. Typically, the storage capacity of cabinet safes varies from 0.2 cubic feet to 2 cubic feet.
If you want to ensure the protection of your valuables during abrupt fire outbreaks then choose a fire-resistant cabinet safe. Certain cabinet safes are designed to sustain intense heat for up to 60 minutes without any damage. Keep in mind that the fire-resistant feature adds up to the cost.
During flooding, a waterproof cabinet safe can withstand submersion in water for some time. For example, some of the best cabinet safes provide 24 hours of protection in water for up to 8 inches depth. This feature is also inevitable in situations of fire because water damage from fire hoses can demolish documents and other valuables.
FAQs When Picking The Best Cabinet Safes
1. How do cabinet safes work?
A cabinet safe is essentially a safe box for home use that provides excellent security for valuables, documents, and many other items. Their design shows live locking bolts, steel construction, and dense steel walls. These aspects provide an impenetrable vault to secure your valuables and keep them concealed.
2. When do you need fireproof cabinet safes?
Fireproof cabinet safes are useful for storing dangerous materials, corrosives, flammables, combustibles, pesticides, aerosols, explosives, or other pressurized containers, and other substances or chemicals that can become dangerous in a fire. To protect your valuables against sudden fire outbreaks, it is recommended to buy a fireproof cabinet safe.
3. Which one is the best fireproof cabinet safe for home use?
The best cabinet safe with fireproof functionality is the one that can tolerate up to 1700°F temperature for an hour without causing any damage to the contents inside.
4. How heavy should a cabinet safe be?
Lighter cabinet safes are hard enough to carry out of the door. The heavier the safe is the better protection it offers. Generally, heavy safes are harder for intruders to carry out quietly. Moreover, they are more durable than lighter cabinet safes. If you want a lighter and portable cabinet safe, make sure to choose the one with multiple locks or the one which is easy to hide.
5. When it becomes necessary to use a water or fire-resistant safe?
It is a good idea to use a cabinet safe without fire and water protection. However, the extra protection is worth for irreplaceable objects. For exceptional protection of your valuables in any environment, it is advisable to use a water-resistant and fire-resistant cabinet safe.
It is a good idea to invest in the best cabinet safe if you want to protect your valuables and attain peace of mind. You can conceal your valuables and keep them securely locked and out of reach. The best cabinet safes are fireproof, waterproof, durably built, include a spacious interior, and are virtually impenetrable. Most of the cabinet safes from reliable brands come with decent storage capacity. Therefore, you can securely store your valuables and important documents as well.
Enjoyed this cabinet safe review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best Z Wave Lock.