One of the most significant and extensively used tools by electronic engineers is oscilloscopes. These devices let you accurately visualize waveform signals on a device so that you can carry out further analysis. In almost all electronic laboratories where electronic hardware is tested, oscilloscopes are used. The latest and convenient form of oscilloscope is nothing but tablet oscilloscope.
Tablet oscilloscopes come in portable design, intuitive display, large bandwidth, powerful battery capacity, various connectivity options, and more. Herein, we discuss various top-rated tablet oscilloscopes so that you can pick the best tablet oscilloscope as per your needs.
List of The Best Tablet Oscilloscope
Check out the thorough reviews of the best tablet oscilloscope in 2022 below.
Obtain precise waveform analysis results with this best tablet oscilloscope on this list. It comes in an ultra-thin portable design for versatility in different applications. It is a USB multifunctional oscilloscope that supports 2 channels for comparing input and output. The 100 MHz bandwidth supports wide signal intensity.
There are no worries about how to save your different analysis results. This is because this tablet oscilloscope kit contains 1 GB of storage space that lets you save up to1000 sets of waveform data and1000 screenshots. The one-button automatic operation helps you to quickly save screenshots and waveforms through a single click.
You can precisely observe the results on the 7-inch TFT LCD color display. It comes with 800 x480 pixels resolution that depicts vivid colors and high contrast. The capacitive touch panel is identical to the touch mode of contemporary tablet PCs.
- It comes with a high measurement voltage range. 1X level can measure 0-40V, 10X level can measure 0-400V, and 100X level can measure 0-4000V.
- Names of 12 parameters it can measure are VP, VPP, Vmin, Vmax, Vrms, Vavg, Duty cycle, Duty-, Time, Time-, Frequency, period, etc.
- The USB interface helps you to connect this oscilloscope to a computer and share its screenshots.
- Built-in 6000 mAh lithium battery provides continuous charge output for 4 hours once fully charged.
- Memory compression technology is implemented.
- FFT display function can precisely analyze the spectral characteristics of the signal.
- The powerful waveform image Manager supports functions like viewing, browsing, turning pages, zooming and navigating waveforms, and deleting and zooming.
Pros And Cons
Are you on the hunt for a portable and versatile oscilloscope? Well, this YEAPOOK ADS1013D tablet oscilloscope is the exact device meeting your needs. It is a 2-channel portable storage oscilloscope applicable for electronic product design, academic experiments, electronic engineering education, debugging and maintenance, etc. It is lightweight and hence easy to carry around.
The built-in 1 GB storage space can store a maximum of 1000 sets of waveform data and 1000 screenshots. 6000 mAh lithium battery delivers consistent charge output for hours.
- The real-time sampling rate is 1 GSa/s.
- The analog bandwidth is 100 MHz.
- The sample memory depth is 240 kb.
- The Test Voltage range is 40V to 400V.
- The 7-inch color TFT LCD touchscreen display comes with 800 x 480 pixels resolution.
- Available modes are Normal, Auto, and Single. They let you easily capture instantaneous waveforms.
- The incorporated high-voltage protection module supports continuous voltage of up to 400 V.
- The operating frequency is 1 GHz.
- The timebase is 50S / div~10nS / div.
- The vertical sensitivity is 50 mV / div~500 V / div.
- Trigger types supported are Rising Edge and Falling edge.
- The frequency precision is ±0.01%.
Pros And Cons
The ATO1104 is well-known for its ability to support diverse automotive diagnostic tests. It can be used for sensors, ignition, actuators, charging circuits, starter circuits, networks, communication tests (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, K, etc.), and pressure test (intake and exhaust pressure, cylinder pressure, fuel pressure, etc.). The versatility and accuracy suggest that it is one of the best tablet oscilloscope from Micsig.
An 8-inch LCD capacitive touch screen precisely shows all the readings. The integrated software helps with car diagnostics. APP Control lets you connect your phone via the network. So, you can observe the waveform and easily control various parameters in real-time from a phone. You can remotely observe real-time data and waveform is simplified by connecting the smartphone APP. Also, you can view the saved videos and waveforms on the oscilloscope and computer.
- It comes with a 1 GSa/s sampling rate and 100 MHz bandwidth.
- 4 channels are used.
- The memory buffer is 28 Mpts.
- Built-in 8 G memory storage helps you to save and transform waveform images, images videos, and transfer waveform images.
- I/O ports are HDMI, LAN, USB, WiFi, USB Host, DC Power, and GND.
Pros And Cons
This handheld dual-channel oscilloscope is alternatively recognized as a dual-channel scope multimeter or digital multimeter. When working as a True RMS Digital Multimeter, this oscilloscope is ideal for field use.
It can automatically capture readout, waveform, single & dual cursor measurements, waveform display processing, scanning, and recorder function. With the USB interface, transmission, and computer connection, you can analyze and then print data from this unit. The pack contains an AC/DC power adapter, a 3.7V lithium battery, 2 oscilloscope probes, a USB cable, 2 Multimeter Test Leads, and a user manual.
- The real-time sampling rate is 100 Msa/S and the bandwidth is 25 MHz.
- 2 channels are used.
- Horizontal Precision is 0.01% +1 pixel.
- Horizontal Sensitivity range is 10ns/div – 5s/div with 1-2-5 steps.
- Vertical Sensitivity is 10mV/div – 500V/div with 1-2-5 steps.
- The maximum input voltage is DC/AC 600 Vrms.
- Trigger Sources include CHA, CHB, and External trigger.
- 3 Trigger modes are namely Normal, Auto, and Single.
- Trigger slopes are Rising and falling edge.
- Input impedance is 1MΩ, ≤ 20pF.
- The resolution of the TFT display is 320 x 240 pixels.
- The recorder can continuously track a record of a maximum of 24 hours of the event.
Pros And Cons
Enjoy the ease of testing and measurement with this one of the best tablet oscilloscope. It comes with 2 channels support for measuring input and output. The mini pocket size offers portability.
Built-in 3.7V 500 mAh lithium battery delivers constant charge output for hours. You can use this handheld oscilloscope for academic experiments, electronic engineering education, electronics maintenance, etc.
You can easily save all the measurements related files on the USB flash disk. The 2.8-inch TFT color display screen comes with 320 x 240 pixels resolution. It is useful for the measurement of AC current including square, sine, triangle, and sawtooth waveforms. You get 2 hook probes, a hex key, a USB cable, and a manual from the pack.
- The real-time sampling rate is 10 Msa/S and the bandwidth is 1 MHz.
- The input impedance is 1 MΩ.
- Two trigger types it supports are Rising edge and Falling edge.
- Supported file formats are CSV, DAT, BMP, and BUF.
- Use a built-in flash disk to save/read waveform images. DS212 is widely applicable in the
- Math waveforms supported are -A,-B, A+B, A-B, Rec A, RecB, and RecC.
- Synchronous modes are Normal, Auto, Single, None, and Scan.
- The built-in U disk storage space is 8 MB.
- Parameters for auto measurement are cycle time, frequency, duty cycle, Vpp, Vmax, Vmin, Vavg, and DC RMS voltage.
Pros And Cons
Hantek 2D72 is a 3-in-1 device because it can be used as an oscilloscope, multimeter, and waveform generator. The reason why it is called a 3-in-1 multifunction tester is it supports 2CH+AFG+DMM. 2 channels are supported for comparing input and output.
The high sensitivity and accuracy indicate the usefulness of this multimeter for professional applications. You can measure AC/DC voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, diode parameters, and on-off test. The physical aspects of this handheld oscilloscope are unibody casing, heat resistance, and impact resistance.
- The maximum sampling rate is 250 MSa/s (single-channel) and 125 MSa/s (dual-channel).
- The bandwidth is 70 MHz.
- The range of vertical resolution is 10 MV-10 V.
- Built-in 18650 replaceable lithium battery can be recharged by a computer USB port or 5V/2A supply.
- Type C charging is supported.
- The 2.8-inch TFT display supports 64K colors. This display comes with the adjustable backlight brightness.
- After recharging it for 2 hours, the oscilloscope can be constantly used for a day or you can keep it in standby mode for over 2 months.
- Other features include Key tone settings, cursor measurement, digital voltmeter function, waveform storage function, and reference waveform.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Tablet Oscilloscope?
If you ought to pick the best tablet oscilloscope, it is vital to bear in mind the following considerations so that your buying decision simplifies.
1. Sampling Rate
The sampling rate of a tablet oscilloscope indicates the reconstruction of a signal within the oscilloscope. It is nothing but the frequency of samples produced on the device per second. The resulting accuracy is directly proportional to the sampling rate. The results are accurate if the sampling rate is high because of a huge amount of samples produced in a specific time.
2 kinds of sampling rates are equivalent times sampling rate and real-time sampling rate. It is better to consider the real-time sampling rate because it influences the performance of the oscilloscope when an experiment is carried out. Some of the best tablet oscilloscopes come with a sampling rate as high as 1GSa/s.
2. Bandwidth Capacity
The signal intensity is determined by the bandwidth. The sound information propagates as waves with a certain lowest and highest intensity (measured in MHz). To precisely measure this intensity, the tablet oscilloscope you choose must have an identical high bandwidth capacity.
The tablet oscilloscopes discussed above come with a bandwidth capacity ranging from 25 MHz to 100 MHz. If a signal under test has a bandwidth of more than 100 MHz, it would not be detected by a 50 MHz oscilloscope. So, in that case, you will need a high-capacity oscilloscope. It is always better to choose a high bandwidth capacity oscilloscope because it enables you to test signals having wide bandwidth capacity.
3. Number of Channels
The channels are stored so that they can be displayed by the tablet oscilloscope. 2 channels allow you to easily compare the input and output. On the other hand, 4 channels allow you to compare more signals and let you randomly combine the channels to obtain flexibility. It is always better to choose a tablet oscilloscope with more channels.
4. Record Length
This factor determines the capacity of an oscilloscope to store previous results. When carrying out an experiment, you would usually work on several readings for accurate results. In those cases, you need all your previous results with precise conclusions.
If the record length is higher, your device can record and store a huge number of results. The higher record length is crucial for professionals whereas it is not so imperative for hobbyists.
5. Storage Capacity
It is crucial to store data samples related to the input signal. The bigger the memory capacity, the longer our captured waveform could be. Consequently, this allows you to catch intermittent events. Keep in mind that if the storage capacity is huge, the tablet oscilloscope will take more time to process.
Many of the top-rated tablet oscilloscopes come with 1GB of storage space that lets you store hundreds of waveform data and screenshots.
All the vital parameters of signals will be shown on the display screen of the tablet oscilloscope. Always try to choose the one with a large and clear display screen. You may find some of the best tablet oscilloscopes with up to 8 inches LCD screens. The large screen lets you precisely observe different parameters and carry out an accurate analysis. For professionals, it is vital to choose a tablet oscilloscope with a huge LCD screen that boasts an intuitive interface
7. Connectivity options
Before purchasing, check the compatibility with the PC and the OS version it uses. Also, check out the graphics card connector of the device and determine whether it is compatible with an external monitor. Some tablet oscilloscopes come with Bluetooth connectivity for easy sharing of files. Moreover, some tablet oscilloscopes also come with options for transferring waveform data to create MS Excel or Word files. Direct printing from the connected printer is also available in some tablet oscilloscopes. Memory card slots are also available in a few tablet oscilloscopes.
FAQs When Picking The Best Tablet Oscilloscope
1. Where is a tablet oscilloscope used?
The best tablet oscilloscope is useful in multiple fields of study like electronic circuit design, RF design, electronic manufacturing, repairing and servicing of electronic devices, and more.
2. Is it important to consider the number of channels on a tablet oscilloscope?
Yes, it is inevitable to consider the number of channels on a tablet oscilloscope. The newer models of tablet oscilloscopes provide up to 4 channels for in-depth results.
3. What is the problem found in analog oscilloscopes?
The analog oscilloscopes functions come with room for human error due to visual scale and restriction of record length.
4. How is a portable tablet oscilloscope useful?
If you want to use a tablet oscilloscope at different workplaces then it is vital to consider a compact and lightweight model. The bulky oscilloscopes will be difficult to store in a bag. Make sure the lightweight design doesn’t compromise durability.
How to Use an Oscilloscope
For precise analysis of electronic signals by considering various parameters, a tablet oscilloscope best serves the need. Whether you are a professional or hobbyist, a tablet oscilloscope proves to be one of the most practical test equipment. Unlike conventional oscilloscopes, tablet oscilloscopes are implemented with the latest technologies and features. The choice of the best tablet oscilloscope will fulfill your expectations regarding accurate signal analysis for further processing.
Enjoyed this tablet oscilloscope review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best Fiber Fusion Splicer.