Are you still stuck with an old-fashioned heating system? We all know that archaic heating methods can be a bit heavy on the budget, and they also consume a lot more power than needed, it would be best for you to shift to a more energy-efficient and cost-effective modern alternative. All you have to do is find the best oil filled space heater of 2021 flawlessly fitting your chilly evening needs. Whether it is for your home or office, maybe in the garage or the basement, oil-filled space heaters sure can be a safe, reliable option and a very wise investment for you.
There is a wide assortment of options out on the market with varying hallmarks ranging from a simple space-saving innovation to far more forward-looking technologies like the programmable thermostat and tip-over safety switches. Moreover, present technology has made heaters more practical by including thermal chimneys and automatic thermal shut-off. Since there is a wide range of selections for you, it is worth looking through oil-filled space heater reviews to educate yourself before purchasing one. The right heater can spare you unnecessary maintenance or repair fees and save you cash. However, buying the wrong heater may end you up with an added money-burning nuisance.
List Of The Best Oil Filled Space Heater In 2021
In this buying guide, we have evaluated every measure and compiled ten competent models of top-rated oil filled space heaters in 2021 that can undoubtedly meet your standards and save you from making the wrong decision.
The first of the products offered by De’Longhi in this lineup, the ComforTemp Full Room Radiant Heater, is one of your best options when looking for the best oil-filled space heater on the market. As an oil-filled space heater, it features lower energy consumption costs compared to its electric counterparts. This portable heater achieves this by utilizing their ComforTemp technology, which automatically optimizes power and thermal settings within a specific space. As such, it guarantees users a warm and comfortable environment alongside an efficient means of saving energy.
It features a very user-friendly control panel with three thermal profiles, which allow for greater temperature control according to your preferences. With a simple press of the ComforTemp button, you are guaranteed ultimate power savings without compromises on user comfort and experience. Not only is this model highly functional, but it also comes with handy safety features for you and the members of your household. Its gentle and well-rounded body design is perfect for homes with lots of kids and pets. Moreover, it also utilizes a safe automatic shut-off feature to prevent overheating.
- By efficiently heating only the space you are in, this device optimizes power and thermal settings to significantly lower energy bills
- With their patented Smart Snap technology, De’Longhi provides a high degree of accessibility and portability by including pre-assembled wheels without the need for complex assembly
- Innovative Comfort Temp Technology provides an easy and hassle-free temperature and power optimization within a space while saving a fair amount of energy usage
- Permanently sealed oils system allows for the lesser need for maintenance and provision of oil refills for the heater
- Three different thermostat profiles help you achieve superb thermal customization according to your specific preferences
- Maximized comfort achieved with a well customized thermal profile within a space enables you to achieve greater focus at work and optimal productivity
The Pelonis electric oil-filled radiator heater is a fantastic option for discerning users who puts silence on top of their considerations. Due to its fanless configuration, the Pelonis provides much-needed warmth within a room without the annoying noise, perfect for your living room, bedroom, and office spaces. It features easily customizable thermal profiles with its numerous heating options and various temperature control settings, allowing it to cater to different user preferences. With its sleek form factor and modernistic LCD front panel, the Pelonis oil-filled radiator would make for a great addition to any living space.
Not only does it offer a feature-packed configuration, but the Pelonis oil-filled radiator also offers numerous safety features – a must-have for households with kids and pets to consider. For your thermal requirements, the Pelonis oil-filled space heater is a reliable option.
- Its five temperature settings ranging from 65°F to 85°F provides you with a high degree of customization according to your preferred thermal comfort can be easily achieved with its (high, low, and economy) heating options
- High-level user-friendly innovations such as an LCD screen, remote control, effortlessly programmable thermostat, and a 10-hour long timer
- Well-balanced unit weight equipped with four-swivel caster wheels allowing 360° turns for ease of portability during transfer
- Safety features for hassle-free user experience such as light indicators for power to determine if the unit is in use, automatic thermal shut-off for overheating protection, as well as tip-over safety switch to turn the appliance off when its body is unintentionally tipped over
- The absence of annoying sounds coming from the heater allows for a peaceful and quiet room alongside a warm and cozy space
- Utilize this oil-filled radiator heater to its full potential without worry about quality control with its 1-year warranty from Pelonis upon unit purchase
Given their vast global presence in the home comfort appliances market, choosing the best oil-filled space heater among their lineup is a difficult choice to make. Their second oil-filled space heater on this product round-up is similarly impressive, if not more than their first offering. Marketed as one of their most innovative and revolutionary offerings amongst their lineup, the De’Longhi Dragon digital full room radiant heater will not disappoint to satisfy your thermal comfort needs.
Now how does this oil-filled space heater stand out exactly? De’Longhi introduced a shift from their previous design language by using thermal chimneys, allowing for higher heat convection and expanded coverage. This innovative design helps the heater achieve maximum heating prowess while maintaining a relatively low surface temperature. Furthermore, this heater has access to convenient features such as automated antifreeze technology and variable heat profiles for different heating requirements.
- With its robust and premium steel assembly and permanently-sealed oil reservoir which never needs refilling, users are guaranteed a maintenance-free and worry-less experience
- Quiet and full room comfort with the oil-filled space heater given its expanded room coverage from its 1500 watts heating power
- Exceptionally customizable thermal settings with its easily adjustable thermostat and three heating profiles catering towards variable user preferences
- Innovative and highly revolutionary thermal slot design allows for maximization of heat flow within a given space without a massive increase on its surface temperature
- Convenient automatic thermal shut-off feature for overheating prevention giving the user peace of mind from their everyday usage
- With its silent operation, massive coverage, and efficient power-saving measures, the De’Longhi Dragon digital full room radiant heater would make for a great addition to any highly functional space up to 144 sq. ft. – allowing more focus and optimized productivity for its users
If you are on the market for an oil-filled space heater with a remarkable degree of control, this offering from Aikoper might be the perfect option for you. By featuring a 24-hour timer, it gives users the capability to extensively regulate the usage of their space heaters, adding more savings on top of the already efficient power consumption inherent to oil-filled space heaters. The Aikoper space heater sports a digital thermostat with a 1°F interval granting you a greater degree of control and precision over your temperature adjustment preferences.
Along with its ease of control and adjustability, this oil-filled space heater packs a lot of convenient features for the money as well. For an efficient and high-quality oil-filled space heater with little to no compromise on user experience, the Aikoper space heater is an incredible offering.
- Availability of three thermal profiles (600w/900w/1500w) with an ECO mode allows for versatile room heating prowess for consistent heat supply for any room size
- The optimal design maximizes heat flow into the room without the unnecessary fan noise and heater sound, which accounts for greater comfort for users
- Provision of a 24-hours automatic on/off timer and a digital thermostat where you could set temperatures in a 1°F interval range from 40-95°F allows for optimal adjustability
- Helpful features such as ECO mode and automatic shut-off timers helps conserve electricity translating to lower bills in the long run
- Extra user conveniences such as large LED display for visibility, transparent and easily distinguishable function buttons, and remote control for long-distance adjustments
- Built-in safety features integrated within the package such as tail fin separation for overheat protection, antifreeze feature, permanently sealed oil reservoir, and tip-over safety switch, making it a piece of friendly equipment for households with kids and pets to consider
- Equipped with fully-rotational caster wheels making room to room transport a breeze
Given the saturation of oil-filled radiator models on the market, choosing the best oil-filled space heater demands careful consideration of what makes a product stand out compared to its competitors. With their broad range of product lineup, varying from personal, ceramic, fan forced, and radiant heaters up to infrared units, Honeywell is a well-trusted brand that users can opt for when purchasing a heater. Their offering within this segment, the Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart oil-filled room heater, does an excellent job of balancing various essential heater aspects making this an outstanding purchase option.
With its EnergySmart technology, this oil-filled space heater promises to deliver superb heating prowess in a very energy-efficient manner. It features an easily configurable digital EasySet control that features various thermal profiles to cater to different room temperature requirements. Safety is of no concern for users requiring nifty features for a kid and pet-friendly environment. The Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart oil-filled space heater, Featuring a robust build quality, smart tip-over and overheating protection, a supremely portable body as well as the renowned Honeywell brand quality, is an excellent option for you.
- Large easy-pull handle with smooth-gliding caster wheels enables great ease for room to room transfer
- EnergySmart technology with a built-in energy usage indicator warrants powerful heating prowess in an energy-efficient package providing consistent heat output for variable room conditions
- Digital EasySet controls features a configurable 12-hour timer and an easily adjustable thermostat with two thermal profiles and four temperature templates for your varied temperature preferences
- Fanless 1500 watts configuration accounts for a noiseless operation providing silent comfort for your home and office thermal needs
- Extensive safety features such as a 360°tip-over switch, automatic thermal shut-off for overheating protection as well as thermally insulated wirings makes for a safer environment for you and your kids and pets
The NewAir oil-filled space heater is a piece of modern and sleek equipment perfect for additional aesthetic flair within any office or home setup. Featuring an outstanding ECO mode program within its thermal configuration, this oil-filled space heater provides efficient heat output without excessive power draw translating to lower billing costs in the long run. As a very efficient oil-filled space heater, it uses diathermic oils via convection to radiate heat through its fins, which allows for efficient heat dissipation within a single space.
The NewAir AH-450B electric oil-filled space heater can warm up rooms up to 150 square feet in size with its expansive thermal output coverage. Combined with its silent operation by utilizing natural convection towards its radiant 7-fin radiator body, this product is an ideal accessory for your office, dorm rooms, and den thermal needs. The NewAir AH-450B is an exceptional choice to opt for with its expansive feature set.
- Experience all-day thermal comfort without worrying about excessive power consumption with its highly efficient and industry-leading ECO mode technology
- In comparison to convection heaters requiring fans for heat dissipation, this powerful heater utilizes diathermic oil within its radiating fins for optimal heat output in a very silent manner – great for offices, study areas, and bedroom spaces
- User convenience is highly prioritized with its intuitive digital controls and remote control – offering various temperature settings in 5° increments as well as a 10-hour automatic shut-off feature for different thermal profile preferences
- With its durable build and attractive, sleek form factor, this caster wheel mounted heater can easily be transferred and scaled to any space during the winter season
- Smart safety features and ETL-certification warrants a hassle-free usage experience with this oil-filled space heater – complete with an automatic shut-off function in case of overheating and an anti-tip switch which turns its power off in case of fall detection
When choosing the best oil-filled space heater among the several options the market offers, users need to identify their prime considerations for their purchase decision. For users looking for a space heater with powerful heat output and efficient energy usage, the Costway oil-filled radiator heater is a worthy option. Equipped with easily adjustable and ergonomic power consumption dials, users may opt for either the lowest 600-watt power usage up to 1500-watt consumption for maximum thermal performance.
With its robust build quality, sleek form factor, lightweight, well-positioned grab handles, and multi-rotational mounting wheels, the Costway oil-filled radiator heater is highly mobile, which is excellent for room to room transfer. With the variety of features packed within this package, this oil-filled space heater is an exceptional choice for the money.
- Maximum 1500 watts power ensures fast and effective heat dissipation for medium to large rooms, with efficient and consistent temperature maintenance for longer running hours, especially during long and cold winter days
- With its permanent sealing on its oil reservoir to prevent unwanted leakage and avoid constant oil refills, this oil-filled space heater requires little to no maintenance for user convenience
- As oil-filled radiators utilize convection currents for heating, the fanless operation is used for the device, providing quiet thermal comfort perfect for functional spaces where focus, concentration, and productivity is peak priority
- Three variable adjustment modes alongside an easily adjustable thermostat allow for easier adjustments for users with varying room thermal requirements
- Enjoy peace of mind with the various safety features this oil-filled space heater has to offer, such as an excellent automatic thermal shut-off for overheating prevention as well an outstanding tip-over safety switch to shut its power off in case of fall detection
- Its lightweight and compact design, its multi-rotation caster wheels for mounting, and convenient cable management feature allows for a more comfortable room to room transfer and storage of this equipment
Given the trustworthy build quality and premium home comfort appliances Pelonis has within their repertoire, it is no surprise to see another one of their excellent offerings within this list. The Pelonis PHO15A2AGW primary electric oil-filled radiator, similar to the first Pelonis heater in this list, is a perfect option for users looking for a fully-featured oil-filled space heater in a compact and affordable package. Fully equipped with its variable thermal profiles and its mechanically adjustable thermostat, users can expect this oil-filled space heater to respond to your continually changing environment and thermal needs.
Unlike the initial Pelonis model on this list, this model offers a more streamlined feature set alongside a lower initial cost. While it sports a much-dated look compared to the first Pelonis heater on this list, it still provides essential key features standard among every Pelonis space heater model.
- With its three heat output settings (600, 900, and 1500 watts) alongside its dial-adjusted thermostat, this space heater allows great customization and temperature adjustability for your continually changing thermal comfort necessities
- Large front carry handle, sleek form-factor, as well as its multi-rotational caster wheelbase allows for greater mobility of unit during room to room transfer as well as easy storage during the summer season
- This oil-filled radiator is equipped with essential safety features to ensure user peace of mind with its power indicator, the built-in auto thermal cut-off for overheating protection as well as a tip-over safety switch in case of accidental knock overs
- Oil-filled space heater configurations enable fanless performance translating to little to no noise output, excellent for either functional spaces requiring productivity, focus, and concentration as well as resting and meditative spaces
- As Pelonis products typically come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty, you can expect superior build quality from a brand with such confidence with their product lineup
Insignia, similar to its mother company, Best Buy, offers a variety of home comfort appliances such as space heaters with superb quality while maintaining relatively affordable prices. For consumers on the market for the best oil-filled space heater, the Insignia HTRFBK6 oil-filled radiator heater is an exceptional value for money proposition. This oil-filled radiator would fit right in with medium to large room spaces such as dorm rooms, apartments, office spaces, and bedroom areas featuring an expansive heat output coverage up to 144 square feet.
This oil-filled space heater is equipped with a user-friendly intuitive digital panel, which allows for superior monitoring and adjustability of different thermal output and temperature settings. Like other oil-filled space heaters, its fanless configuration provides heating comfort in silence, making it perfect for spaces with conservative acoustic requirements. Sleek and fully equipped with a wide array of useful features, the Insignia HTRFBK6 oil-filled radiator heater is a great value-for-money proposition you cannot miss.
- Powerful 1500w radiator allows for a quick and energy-efficient heating system covering up to 144 square feet of area perfect for various typical room sizes and configurations
- Experience hassle-free usage as this oil-filled radiator can undergo a continuous operation without the need for a refill with its use of a perfectly-sealed oil reservoir
- Intuitive user interface with its sleek digital control panel allowing users to monitor and configure their preferred thermal output settings and temperature profiles
- Sleek and lightweight body mounted on multi-directional caster wheels allows for a more comfortable room to room transport and summer season storage for the unit
- Peace of mind is ensured with its incorporated safety technology such as automated thermal shut-off for overheating prevention and tip-over safety switch in case of accidental knock overs
- Silent operation due to its fanless convection technology – allowing for quiet means of providing warm and comfortable temperatures for high-functioning or resting areas
One look at the TaoTronics TT-HE005 oil-filled radiator and you can already see how much it stands out compared to the rest of the competition. Relatively new to the electronics space, TaoTronics is in the market to create an excellent and lasting impression towards consumers, and their premium quality products reflect this mission. Not only does the TT-HE0005 oil-filled radiator deliver superb thermal comfort within a space in an energy-efficient manner, but TaoTronics also made sure that the product looked good while doing it.
With the absence of glaring lights and unnecessary noise, the TT-HE0005 is sleep-friendly and can provide consistent thermal comfort for long hours of usage. With its intuitive and easy-to-view LED control panel, this oil-filled space heater gives you the freedom to access variable heat output settings and temperature profiles for increased usage versatility. Users of this equipment are guaranteed peace of mind. It offers handy safety features such as automatic thermal cut-off in overheating and tip-over protection for accidental knock overs.
- With its heat convection prowess, this oil-filled space heater can warm an entire room evenly while maintaining constant temperature ranges for warm comfort during the winter season
- Its equipped with a highly versatile digital thermostat which can adjust the interior temperature from 40-95°F and provides three heat output levels (1500, 900, and 600 watts)
- Smart ECO mode feature operates by automatically adjusting room temperature and heat settings to optimal levels of energy consumption allowing for great thermal comfort without incurring unwanted high energy consumption rate
- User ergonomics and convenience is broadly considered with its LED control panel for excellent visibility and viewing angles, 24-hour automatic shut-off timer as well as an incorporated remote control device for long-distance accessibility
- Its four multi-rotational caster wheels, as well as its sleek lightweight body covered in easy to grip fit and finish, allows for excellent portability and ease of room to room transfer
How Does An Oil Filled Radiator Work?
Oil-filled space heaters work by utilizing an electrical element to heat a thermal oil reservoir inside the appliance. Although loaded with oil, it is electrically heated and does not mean flaming any oil fuel.
The high specific heat capacity enables the heat-transfer oil to conduct thermal energy from the electrical component efficiently. Nevertheless, the high boiling point of the oil allows it to remain in the liquid phase for the tenacity of heating so that the heater does not have to be a high-pressure vessel.
An oil-filled radiator consists of metal support with cavities inside where a heat-transfer oil flows unobstructedly around by convection. The oil entirely submerses the electrical component, and all of the warmth created resettles to the radiator assembly when it heats up. The warmth is then further disseminated to the surrounding areas. The best oil-filled space heater will efficiently warm up the place without the ambient air being dried up.
How Do Oil-Filled Space Heaters Differ From Ceramic Heaters?
There are two types of space heaters out on the market that is always on the radar for popularity. Having to choose between the two is one of the most significant conflicts for purchasing the right heater. The wrong option will drive you nuts and frustrated. It can also give you the perverse implication that room heaters are inconvenient products, and buying one is not worth your time and money. However, both ceramic and oil-filled space heaters can do the job for you – warming up your room, although there are several distinct differences between the two that you should take into full consideration before buying one.
- Ceramic heaters are usually run by convection. It means that these heaters typically have components powered by electricity and an element that transfers energy and heat into the surroundings.
- As oil-filled radiators have oil that persists to be hot for long-lasting periods, they advance longer running heat than ceramic heaters.
- Oil-filled space heaters function without noise as they have no fans, compared to its ceramic equivalent, giving you a good night’s sleep.
- They are called ceramic heaters because the central heating part is made from a long-lasting ceramic component known for its capacity to conduct heat effectively.
- Oil-based space heaters are radiant, unlike their ceramic equivalents. They run on heating a particular exterior while that heated cover disseminates the energy throughout the whole space they surround.
- It is also challenging to maintain constant temperature levels inside an enclosed space with ceramic heaters. The best oil-filled space heater has a considerably more desirable function in this regard, even if it takes longer to heat up than its ceramic equivalent.
- Oil-filled space heaters are commonly a more suitable selection for larger rooms, while ceramic heaters have been more efficient in warming up smaller spaces.
What Are The Benefits Of Oil-Filled Radiators?
People do not usually opt for an oil-filled space heater as a feasible selection when buying a second heater for their home. However, that is such a pity as these heaters have a lot more to offer than conventional ones. We have listed down some of them:
- They use convection heating methods more efficient for evenly distributing heat in a room. Moreover, they have many benefits when it comes to functionality, and we have listed some of the vital advantages these oil-filled space heaters have to offer.
- Oil-filled radiators are usually high-grade at being efficient with power usage. They offer low wattage devices generating adequate heat.
- Even after shutting off the heating component, oil-filled space heaters remain hot for hours. Consequently, your space will maintain the heat for hours, making oil-filled space heaters energy-efficient.
- They do not trigger allergies as their design do not comprise of fans. Energy evenly fills the room, even though no air comes out of the fan, causing a lot of sneezing for some.
- As the oil-filled radiators do not have a fan, they give you a good night’s sleep with their noiseless feature.
- An oil-filled space heater is a thoroughly energy-efficient appliance that comes with versatile temperature knobs and a thermostat. It will spare you from skyrocketing electricity bills.
- Most of the models out on the market are compact and transportable. They usually have 360-degree caster wheels that allow for a comfortable and straightforward transfer from room to room.
- Oil-filled space heaters highlight a monitor with a thin panel layout, which gives users a space-savvy appliance. They are generally portable, making them fit conveniently in narrow spaces. Moreover, you can keep lightweight heaters under bulky desks and even in small compartments.
- They are generally filled with diathermic oil that retains the heat produced by the resistor inside the device. Oil-filled space heaters provide you with high heating capacity.
- Oil-filled radiators are free of maintenance and are commonly supported by a year-long manufacturer guarantee. As these oil-filled heaters do not consume or bear refills, they last for as long as 20 years.
What Do I Need To Consider Before Buying An Oil-Filled Space Heater?
You have decided to choose an oil-filled radiator to provide the heating for your room. However, you do not know what the critical factors to weigh in selecting the best model are. Here are four essential considerations in choosing the best oil filled space heater befitting your standards and needs.
- Power consumption should be the first determinant to analyze. Small heaters only run at 700W. On the other hand, larger models run at 1500W of energy. Heaters that consume low power and have more dependable heating are profoundly energy-efficient.
- Unconventional oil-filled radiators usually have built-in protection hallmarks like auto-shutoff and a trip-over switch. The heating component shuts off instantly, anticipating any disasters whenever the appliance overheats.
- Typically, an oil-filled space heater is entirely constructed and does not require any refill. It has closed racks and moldings and also extends security from spills and leakages.
- Most oil-filled space heaters offer an innovative digital display and control panel that extends several purposes like timer and temperature controls, power indicators, etc. These controls advance convenient and satisfactory use.
What Are The Essential Safety Measures While Using An Oil-Filled Space Heater?
Oil-filled radiators are not only practical but also require minimum preservation. They are not only energy-efficient but also safe to use in any household. However, when using an oil-filled electric heater, you have to note some necessary precautionary methods to avoid accidents.
- Always ensure not to leave an oil-filled radiator unattended.
- Switch off the appliance before leaving and remove it from the plug.
- Make sure that the heater does not have faulty wiring.
- Keep incendiary devices away from the heater.
- Keep plastic or wooden coverings away from the appliance.
- Guarantee that the device is not using the same outlet with a heavy power-consuming electrical appliance.
- The heater should solely be used for warming up space and should not be used for other purposes.
- Ensure that the plugs or cables are not damp or wet while switching on the device.
These are manageable precautions when keeping an oil filled radiator at home. However, it is unlike when you have a child in your family. Even though some oil-filled space heaters have advanced child-lock features, it is still your pre-eminence to protect your child and keep them away from possible risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are oil-filled space heaters economical?
A: Oil-filled space heaters run swiftly, use less power, and still keep the room warm for hours after shutting down the heating component.
Q: Are oil-filled space heaters energy-efficient?
A: Oil-filled radiators use minimal energy. The majority of small oil-filled radiators only have a consumption rating of 700W, and larger ones have 1500W.
Q: How long will oil-filled space heaters last?
A: They are long-lasting and maintenance-free. The best oil filled space heater offered by a reputable brand can last from 16 up to 20 years. You have to ensure cleaning the heater periodically to extend its survival.
Q: Is sleeping with a heater on easy?
A: Oil-filled space heater often runs noiselessly with its fan-free design. Therefore, sleeping without any interference with a heater running is most feasible.
Q: Can oil filled space heaters perform better than electric heaters?
A: The Oil filled space heaters are generally more efficient, noiseless, and durable than electric ones. Electric heaters are mainly intended for small spaces and lose warmth very quickly. On the contrary, oil-filled radiators are perfect for tiny to larger-sized rooms.
Q: Are oil heaters prone to an explosion?
A: Some radiators are known to be prone to explosion when the thermic igniters do not shut the equipment. Unexpected leaks can also cause a fire. Hence, the need to follow precautionary methods is required.
An oil filled space heater is an excellent source of warmth and comfort. It grants you convenience and relief at economical prices. You might want to be scouring the market for the best oil filled space heater if you have problems sleeping on chilly nights. However, you will have to do plenty of research on which is right for you and whether the trade-offs are justifying. As listed in this buying guide, all sorts of exceptional oil-filled space heaters are there for you to purchase on the market. Furthermore, they offer plenty of essential benefits and technological advancements to experience when you use them.
These helpful oil filled space heater reviews and buying guides are an excellent way to find out about some of the most promising models out there on the market. Nevertheless, we do our best to give you honest reviews on specific models and brands to provide you with an idea of which oil-filled space heater will meet your standards and needs. We hope that this buying guide will prove to be helpful for you in choosing the best oil filled space heater of 2021 for your household.
List Of The Best Oil Filled Space Heater In 2021