A micathermic heater uses a mineral called mica to generate heat. It is getting popular as it can heat quickly and distribute evenly across the room. Choosing the best micathermic heater in 2021 is a truly tough job. You need to take care of a lot of factors. Product descriptions are not going to help you much as they only highlight the advantages and carefully skip the drawbacks. Here comes the need for an honest review. Do not worry as we are here to back you up.
In this article, we review the best micathermic heaters of 2021 for you, we have discussed the best micathermic heaters and also provide you a buyer’s guide for help. If you are interested to buy the new and innovative micathermic heaters and want the best micathermic heater for you then check this out. As the winter season is already underway, we hope this article will help you choose the best micathermic heater for your household.
What Is a Micathermic Heater?
Micathermic heaters use convection or radiant heat to warm up an area. All the micathermic heaters use mica (a powerful mineral that is a silicate) as the central technology to create the heat. Mica has a layered structure and is extremely shiny. It is the material that gives granite its shimmery shiny look. Mica is an excellent conductor of both heat and electricity.
Micatermic heaters use a standard electric heating element and coat it with the mica. Mica is a collection of varieties of minerals that have special properties. Traditional heaters can only put out the radiant heat. But micathermic heaters can transform heat from one object to another.
In a micathermic heater, the electricity passes through the heating element and then warms up the mica. The mineral then releases electromagnetic rays as a result of heat. These rays will warm up objects within an area without warming the surrounding air. The radiant heat of the room’s objects then eventually heats the air of the room. This is a better and long-lasting distribution of heat. In a traditional heater, you can feel the heat more as you seat closer to the heater. But here you will get an even distribution of heat throughout the room.
List Of The Best Micathermic Heaters in 2021
Check out the thorough reviews of the best micathermic heaters in 2021 below.
This top classroom heater is surely one of the best micathermic heaters on the market. With multiple safety features and heat settings, you can trust it blindly for your home or office use. It looks compact and feels light for your arm. You can easily shift it from one place to another for your requirements. For extra support and fraction-less shifts, you get wheels at its bottom. Its 1500 watt heating power will give you instant results whenever you switch it on. The three-dimensional heating will effectively cover 160 sq. ft. of room space. It has no fan thus it is free from allergens and way more silent than other heaters.
As for safety precautions, it has an auto switch-off function of overheating and tip-over prevention. Thus the heater will automatically shut down in case the unit becomes unexceptionally hot or gets knocked over. This will prevent any fire and accident.
This energy-efficient micathermic heater uses both convection and reflective energy to heat the room. This can heat up in 3 seconds and cover the area of 350 square feet. You can mount this on your wall or just make it stand in one corner of your room. It has wheels and allows free-standing. The adjustable thermostat gives you the liberty to choose the temperature according to the time of the year. This is also noise-free and allergen-free due to no fan design. It has a 100% energy conversion rate and safety features like protection from tip-over and auto cut-off.
This simple and slim micathermic heater is extremely strong with 1500 watt heating power. Its amazing black color along with slim compact design will fit in any wall or corner of your room or office. Here you will get 2 heat settings to pick according to the temperature around you. You can fix it on the wall and it does not come in your path. It will easily cover almost 300 sq. ft. area thus if suitable for large rooms. It has a mode for frost prevention which will keep the room’s temperature around 41 degrees (Fahrenheit). As a safety feature, the core tip-over control will turn off the unit automatically if it gets tip-over or unsteady. You will get handles and cluster wheels for easy grip and movement.
This compact and square micathermic heater looks like a slim LCD TV. And so its functions are. Like a TV you can easily mount in on your wall. You can place it on the ground and easily glide it from one room to another by as it has wheels. It also has the tip over protection system that immediately turns off the heater if it falls to the floor by mistake. On the other hand, the overheat protection system protects and controls its heating capacity. You will get an even distribution of the heat by it.
This model comes with a remote which is an exception from the others. The remote will work finely if you are close but not so perfectly as the distance increases. The company claims this product very inexpensive and value for money product. But because of cheapness in price tag, the product is also cheap in quality. This may not give you a long-lasting performance.
This micathermic heater with all the modern features and 5 years long warranty period can be your be the best micathermic heater for your home. Its adjustable thermostat and 2 different heat settings make this heater suitable for wet and cold seasons. Its large carry handle and front wheels make it easy to grip and glide. So, you can take it along with you wherever you want.
This incredibly useful heater has a lot of things going for it. It has a simple and compact design and it uses its 1500 watts optimally to generate enough heat for you. You can save up to 50% on your electricity heater bill thanks to its energy management. It also has enough safety features to avoid any accidents due to fire. Here are some of its key features below.
- You can easily mount on the wall, or you can attach wheels to it and move it around on the floor with equal ease.
- Its mica panel can comfortably warm a 350 square feet area in just 3 seconds using electromagnetic rays.
- You can adjust the heat setting using the adjustable thermostat according to your needs.
- It will maintain your desired temperature by turning on and off automatically.
- It gets auto shut-off if the unit gets tripped-over accidentally.
- Automatic shut down after a certain temperature also minimizes the fire hazard.
- Very quiet operations as it does not use fans to blow hot air.
All in all, it is a great heater for your household.
This is another great model of Micathermic heater. Its 1500w micathermic panel will give you enough heat to keep you warm and cozy during chilly winters. It is easy to carry and handle but will emit sufficient heat to warm up a mid to large-sized room. It has its fair share of safety features and its light on pocket too. We can sum up its important features below.
- It can either be mounted on a wall or you can attach the provided stand to keep it in a standing position anywhere you want.
- It comes with two heat settings; you can select the one you like.
- The very useful safety feature of auto-shutoff in case of accidental tripping is available too.
- An additional safety feature of a frost guard is also given.
- The power-on light will indicate the heater is in working mode.
- The heater is virtually noise-free when in operation giving you a peaceful time.
We strongly recommend you give it a try.
This is another great model which is high on features and functionality. It innovatively uses dual materials of silicone crystal and mica composite to produce heat via the infrared light waves. We can sum up its salient features as follows.
- Its quiet operations can easily warm up a mid-sized room.
- The model is loaded with important safety features like tip-over protection, anti-frost, and overheating protection.
- It is lightweight, compact, and can be installed on the wall as well as placed on the floor with the detachable wheels provided with it.
We think this model is just the right mix of technology and convenience.
Things You Need to Consider Before Buying The Best Micathermic Heaters
- Portability – all micathermic heaters are generally light in weight than the traditional heaters. Yet while buying you need to search for the lighter and compact model. It should have a handle so that you can easily lift it and shift it. A wheeled model is more preferable as then you can simply glide it from one room to another.
- Temperature setting – you are buying the heater to get a suitable temperature thus you need to give special care on the temperature setting while buying. An ideal model comes with different heat adjusting options to provide you suitable warmth according to your need. Cheap models come with only two options high or low. You need to check it as the high mode can warm your room excessively whereas the low mode can be too cold. Thus multiple heat settings are preferable.
- Aesthetic appeal – the look and design of the heater are equally important. It needs to fit perfectly in your room and look like a part of it. Some micathermic heaters look just like a slim LCD TV. They are best to put on your wall. Some look like radiators. They are more portable and takes less space thus is best to stand on the ground.
- Safety features – all heaters are quite risky to handle and can be dangerous as a result of any mistake. Micathermic heaters do not use direct flames to heat up which is a relief. There will be fewer chances of accidental fires. Yet for safety, you need to keep it at least 3 feet away from any inflammable object. You should buy the products that have auto switch off and tips over switch on it. This will reduce the risk completely.
Is a Micathermic Heater Safe?
A micathermic heater is the safest heater ever invented. It is way safer than its traditional counterparts. It is also energy efficient as it makes use of fewer electricity and serves quickly than the traditional heaters. You can fix them on your wall to avoid any tip over. Also, the safety features like auto switch off on overheating and tip-over protection give you extra protection. Their compact free stand design enables them to stand still on the ground.
Is a Micathermic Heater Eco-Friendly?
Yes, micathermic heaters a friendlier to the environment than a normal heater as it takes in less electricity. It also has a thermostat that monitors the room’s temperature and automatically switches off the heater when the room reaches its desired temperature. This will save a lot of your money yearly. This will especially help you for office use when you need to make it run for a long time consistently.
How Does a Micathermic Heater Work?
A Micathermic heater uses a combination of convection and radiant heating to generate heat. They use a material called mica which is an excellent conductor of heat and is known to emit electromagnetic rays when heated up to a certain level. A micathermic heater uses mica to coat the heating elements or panels. When the heater is turned on, the heat is produced inside it using an electric resistor. This heat in turn warms the panels that are coated with mica, after some time they start giving off electromagnetic rays that heats the room. So, the science behind a micathermic heater is not that hard to understand.
Why You Should Choose The Best Micathermic Heaters?
- Use less electricity – micathermic heaters use less electricity as it uses electromagnetic radiation for heat distribution. It warms your room faster and evenly than a traditional heater. Micathermic heaters warm up quickly and start transforming heat faster than normal heaters. Thus a mcathermic heater can save a lot of your electricity bill amount.
- Better heat distribution – with the help of electromagnetic rays of a micathermic heater the heat distributes to all nearby objects at the same time. This means you will get equal warmth in every corner of the room. And once the room reaches its required temperature the micathermic heater will automatically switch off.
- 100% conversion of electricity into heat energy – in micathermic heaters no energy gets wasted. It can convert 100% electric energy into heat energy.
- Less noisy – a traditional heater has a fan to blow hot air. This fan causes a lot of sounds and can irritate you at night. But a micathermic heater does not require a fan. A micathermic heater contains no moving parts thus it can be completely silent in its work.
Here are some of the notable benefits of a micathermic heater.
- They are energy-efficient.
- They can heat a room quickly.
- They are noiseless as there are no blowers.
- They are long-lasting.
- They diffuse heat in an even manner.
- The room stays warm for long even when the heater is turned off
- They come attached with a lot of safety features
- Some of them can be installed on walls as well.
- They are compact, lightweight, and easily portable.
- Mica being an electric insulator keeps the protective grill covering the mica panels cool saving you from electric fires and shocks.
Micathermic Heaters Vs Oil-filled Radiators
There are a few areas that make micathermic heater and oil-filled radiators different from each other.
Oil: As the name suggests, oil-filled radiators use oil for heating purposes, whereas there is no oil used in micathermic heaters. They use mica-coated panels to heat things.
Time: A micathermic heater warms up quickly and can distribute heat faster too. While the oil-filled radiators take time to produce heat. Another distinction between the two regarding heat is that it lasts longer in the case of an oil-filled radiator.
Size: Micathermic heaters are smaller, flatter, and lighter. Due to all these qualities they are easily portable and carrying them around is no big deal. On the other hand, oil-filled radiators lack these attributes.
Safety features: When it comes to safety features, micathermic heaters take the cake. They have many safety features like anti-tipping, auto-shutoff, etc. Oil-filled heaters spill oil frequently. That oil is usually hot so it can harm the users.
Efficiency: This may come as a surprise but the oil-filled heaters are more energy-efficient than micathermic heaters. They can store heat more that makes them more energy-efficient.
So that was our take on micathermic heaters, their working, functionality, their comparison, and some popular models of micathermic heaters. They are great for heating purposes and can warm a room quickly. If you want some warmth in your bedroom or hall room in those chilled winter nights then nothing can be better than a micathermic heater. Even for a larger area like in the office it can be effective because of its innovative way of heating. The above heaters are the best micathermic heaters of 2021 in the market. them have wheels to cause you less trouble. they are light in weight but heavy in performance. They are also energy-efficient and can help you reduce the electricity bill as well. All these, plus many more such features make them a popular choice when it comes to heating your home.