A heater is your best companion during the cold winters. Over the years, electric heaters have taken precedence over coal or gas-fired heaters. But electric heaters come with one complication. Their excess use can considerably spike your electricity bill. Thus you need to find a low wattage heater for yourself, that consumes less electricity. In this article, we will present to you some of the best low wattage heater in 2021. We hope you will find this list informative and useful. So, let’s get started with our list.
List of The Best Low Wattage Heater
We start our list with this particular ceramic model from Lasko. It is a well-designed, great-to-look-at, compact heater. It is ideal for small spaces and will keep considerably warm in winter. Here are its’ specifications.
- Dimensions: Length = 7.1″, Width = 7.74″, Height = 22.55″
- Total Weight: 7.74 lbs.
- Thermostat: Adjustable.
- Oscillation: Widespread and all-encompassing
We now list some key features of this product as follows.
- Portable with a carrying handle
- 3 heat modes: High, Low, Plus, auto (programmable with thermostat controls)
- Heat power: 1500 watts
- Preassembled and ready to use
- Limited warranty of 3 years
- Safety features: Cool exterior, self-regulating ceramic timer
- Rated by E.T.L
- Remote Control: Available
- Controls: Electronic
- Timer: Yes, for up to 7 hours
Here are some good and some not so good points about this product.
This is the second on our list of best low wattage heaters. Andily has manufactured a stylish and compact heater that will provide you with ample heat and consumes electricity economically. Here are its important specs.
- Dimensions: 6.2×4.74×8.3 inches
- Total Weight: 2.74 lbs.
- Thermostat: Adjustable
Here are some key features of this product.
- Small size, that makes it highly portable.
- Three heating modes: High heat 1500 watts, Low heat 750 watts, Fan only
- The unit shuts itself off automatically in case somebody stumbles off it accidentally.
- In case of overheating too, an automatic switch-off option is given.
Here are the pros and cons of this mode.
The Vornado MVH Vortex is yet another excellent heater that provides the heating without heating your electricity bill. It is safe, efficient, and full of convenience. The vortex technology used by Vornado, heats the room gently without causing any discomfort. Here are the top specs of this model.
- Dimensions: 9.2 x10.4 x 10.6 inches
- Total weight: 3.76 lbs.
- Thermostat: Adjustable
- Volt: 120V
- Watts: 750/1125/1500 or small/medium/high
- Power cord length: 6 feet
- Easy to carry it around.
- A smartly integrated handle in the body for convenient portability.
- Safety features include; tip-over protection, automatic shut-off in case of overheating, and cool exterior even after hours of usage.
- 3 Heat modes: Low 750W, Medium 1125W, High 1500W
- The thermostat has seven setting options to regulate the temperature of the room with the turn of a dial knob.
- A 5-year customer support and service facility by the company.
- The vortex technology heats the room gradually to avoid intense and sudden temperature changes.
Some of its key pros and cons are given below.
Based on infrared technology, this heater is another great product when you want a low-electricity consuming heater with maximum power. It has two heating modes and there is minimal loss of heat energy because the heater uses HMS (heat management system) Technology. This is the company’s home-grown technology for maximum utilization of heat. Here are its important specs.
- Dimensions: 18.75×4.5×12.75 inches
- Total weight: 8 pounds
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- It has two heating modes; a high one with 1500 watts and the low mode with half that capacity, 750 watts.
- It has both infrared and radiant heating mechanisms in place to take care of your heating requirements.
- Easily portable, thanks to its small size and stature.
- You can fix it on the wall or place it on the floor. It has detachable tabs on the body that you can use to get the placement of your choice.
- The quality is certified by ETL which is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL) certification.
- Comes with a 1-year company warranty
- Safety features include a cool exterior; you can even touch the grill while it is functioning.
- The thermostat is in-built and shows off the temperature in the LED display.
- HMS Technology also makes good use of the humidity in the room to produce heat. This does not suffocate the air and you can use the heater even in close, confined spaces.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this heater.
Pelonis PH-17P will heat your room in no time. What’s unique about its design is 360-degree heat emission. You will get heat from all angles. This makes it ideal for your small to medium-sized rooms and offices. You can also carry it with ease and put it anywhere you like. Here are its main specs.
- Dimensions: 7.84×8.07×12.01 inches
- Total weight: 4.94 lbs.
- Wattage: 1500 watts
Here are some of the main features of this model.
- It has a quick-heat mechanism. You can 70 degrees Fahrenheit in just 3 seconds
- The heat is emitted from all around the round vents.
- It has the options of a fan, and two heating modes; low and high heat.
- You can adjust the intensity of the heat using the thermostat knob.
- It has a one-year company backed warranty.
- It is compact, portable, and very lightweight.
- The noise level is almost negligible.
- Safety features include; cool exterior, a tip-over switch, and fire-resistant material.
- You can use it as a fan in the summers and a heater in winters: 2 in 1 option.
Now we give you the pros and cons of this product.
Next on our list of best low wattage heater is this model by TaoTronics. Another small, yet powerful heat that is low on electricity consumption as well. It has a ceramic heating mechanism and will heat up in no time. The abundance of safety features makes it an ideal heater for family use. Here are is top specs.
- Dimensions: 17.36×7.28×6.81 inches
- Total weight: 4 lbs.
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
Here are some of the important features of this model.
- A 65-degree oscillation in heat throw provides coverage of 20% more area.
- A touchscreen LED display is provided on top to control the functions of the heater.
- The safety features include; overheating sensor, tip-over protection, 24-hour auto shut off, and 12-hour timer.
- You can also operate it with remote control.
- 2 heating mode and an ECO mode.
- The ECO mode will adjust the temperature of the heater according to the room’s temperature, saving energy in the process.
- Very quiet operation. It will not disturb you at all and you can sleep in peace.
- An embedded easy carry handle makes it very portable.
Now let’s highlight some pros and cons of this model
Our last model in the list of the best low wattage heater is another model from Pelonis. We believe the company is deeply invested in dishing out quality products to the customers. This is another ceramic model that not only does an excellent job but is also very good to look at. It will add to the décor of your room. The 70-degree oscillation angle means a wider covered area. The unit quickly heats up and will warm up your room in no time. Much other performance and safety features make it an ideal heater for your family. We will highlight them below. For now, let’s take a look at its key specs.
- Dimensions: 7.1×7.17×22.95 inches
- Total weight: 6.59 pounds
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- Voltage: 120Volt
- Remote control for giving you more ease of use.
- A 70-degree oscillation angle of air throw to give more coverage to the area.
- The ceramic heating mechanism will instantly heat it in 3 seconds for up to 70 degrees
- Plenty of safety features; overheating sensors, certified fire-resistant material, tip-over protection, etc.
- You can plug it in any electric socket. No need for an additional charger, extension cord, etc.
- A touchscreen is provided on top that is easy to use and is very convenient.
- There are two heating modes and one ECO mode. The heating modes are 1500W (High) and 900W (Low).
- It produces less than 50db sound that makes it practically noiseless.
- A one-year warranty is given by the manufacturer at the time of purchase.
- It is very easy to disassemble and reassemble for cleaning purposes.
- A mesh grill is provided on the front. It prevents kids from putting fingers in the heater and it also ensures equal distribution of heat.
- It is very easy to lift it, thanks to the integrated carry handle in the back.
- It has a beautiful design that appeals to the aesthetic senses.
Following are some of the pros and cons of this model.
Tips to Use The Best Low Wattage Heater
We will now give you some quick tips that will help you use the best low wattage heater in a way that uses less and less electricity.
- Timer: Use this function to turn off the heater after a certain time. You can also use it when the house is empty. It will turn off when the time is up for it.
- Thermostat: For starter, there should be no blockage in thermostat. Also, use it at medium intensity, it will perform optimally. You can increase it if the need arises.
- Programming: If your heater gives you the option of setting up the temperature and timing, then use it to your advantage. You can program your heater according to your need or the weather. If it is auto-programmed, then your work is done already.
- Trap the heat: For best results, make sure the walls and room of the room are properly insulated. In this way the room will heat up quickly and remain warm for longer time, helping you consume less energy.
- Know your needs: You should know how and when to heat your home or room. Do not keep your heater running when there is no one around or do not use multiple heaters when one can do the job for you. Just know what you want and how to go about it.
So, this is our list of the best low wattage heater for 2021. We have arrived at this list by carefully studying different brands available in the market. We have studied their price, popularity, consumer response, performance, specifications, and of course their propensity to consume power. We hope you will find this list to be informative and useful. The next time you want to buy a low wattage heater for yourself, you might want to have a look at this review.
Enjoyed this? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best Ceramic Space Heater.