Maintaining proper humidity indoors is essential but if it gets excess, it can present tons of issues. Excess humidity severely influences your indoor ambiance because it blackens walls, and deteriorates doors and window panes. Other typical drawbacks of excess moisture include water stagnation, condensation, pest plague, etc. Fortunately, it is possible to get rid of these concerns by setting up a dehumidifier in your space. For removing excess moisture from large indoor spaces, the 70 pint dehumidifiers are the best options. They can remove 70 pints of moisture per day. To simplify your picking decision for the best 70 pint dehumidifier in 2023, the following review highlights some of the best ones along with a section on how to choose them.
List of The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 70 pint dehumidifier in 2023 below.
1. Midea 4,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier
For large indoor spaces with a floor area of up to 4500 sq. ft., this Midea model is the best 70 pint dehumidifier on this list. It is perfect for extra-large rooms, bathrooms, and basements. The elegant white-colored design blends well with most decors. With the setup of this dehumidifier, you can stay stress-free on the accumulation of mildew and molds on floors and walls. Also, it eliminates bad smells from the environment. Maintaining an ideal air quality all over your home is now simple with this appliance.
Availability of 3 operation modes i.e. comfort, continuous, and standard lets you use this dehumidifier more conveniently. Continuous dehumidification mode is the best one to keep your home at an appropriate humidity level. The manufacturer equips this dehumidifier with an auto-restart function to control damage due to power outages. This function engages your selected setting as soon as the power gets restored.
When its tank gets full, it is easy to empty it. Alternatively, you can connect a standard 0.75-inch female garden hose to the built-in socket for continuous draining. In the meantime, a reusable filter retains air quality; no need to buy costly replacement parts.
- The humidity adjustment falls in the range of 35% to 85%. This range is perfect for dehumidification in a bedroom or bathroom or crawlspace.
- Continuous dehumidification proficiently discards moisture due to rainy weather.
- When the internal bucket is full, the auto shut-off feature works to control waste of energy.
- Entire operation is quiet to maintain healthy air quality. Also, the quiet operation promises a relaxing environment.
- Maximum sound level is 51 decibels so it suggests quiet operation.
Pros And Cons
2. Kesnos 70 Pint Dehumidifier for Spaces up to 4500 Sq Ft
Generally, for homes and basements, this Kensos dehumidifier is a great appliance. It can remove up to 70 pint of moisture every 24 hours in spaces with an area up to 4500 sq. ft. Moreover, it maintains a 90% RH level. Other than homes and basement, you can set it up in bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, laundry rooms, crawlspaces, etc.
Apart from efficient dehumidification, it also excels in terms of portability. The 360° smooth-rolling hidden wheels and ergonomically designed recessed handles offer portability. So, you can conveniently move it to different places. Furthermore, its quiet operation makes sure you don’t get disturbed while working or sleeping. Adjustable fan speeds offer you great convenience. The dry clothes function is available that lets you place this dehumidifier in a room where you can suspend wet clothes for drying.
- The humidity adjustment falls in the range of 30% to 85%. Therefore, it easily maintains a healthy humidity range of 45% to 55%.
- Built-in water tank comes with a capacity of 1.18 gallons.
- The bucket full indicator informs you when the bucket needs to be emptied.
- It is easy to tune the dehumidifier to let it operate continuously for a 24-hour cycle till the tank gets full. After that, it shuts off automatically to save energy.
- ‘Humidity Auto Control’ feature lets you easily adjust to your preferred moisture setting. This feature smartly detects humidity in the room and makes changes accordingly.
- Available drainage options are auto drain and manual drain.
- In the auto drain option, a 2-meter long drain hose works for continuous drainage; no need to empty the water bucket.
- The digital display comes with intelligent touch control. It offers precise humidity level readings. 24-hour timer lets you preset the time to turn on/off the unit.
Pros And Cons
3. hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
Especially for extra-large rooms and the basement, you can consider this best 70 pint dehumidifier from hOmeLabs. It is the largest and most efficient dehumidifier from the brand that is perfect for large rooms up to 4,500 sq. ft. area. It can even function efficiently in extreme wet spaces. Its elegant, sleek design blends well with most modern home decors. Built-in handles and wheels offer ease of movement. Moreover, the fan works quietly.
- With the 1.6 gallon capacity of the water tank, this dehumidifier can remove up to pints of moisture per day. It works based on the room size and moisture condition.
- Until the tank gets full, it runs continuously for 24 hours cycle. Once the ideal moisture level is reached, it automatically shuts off.
- A drain hose outlet is available for continuous draining.
- Built-in pump compressor decreases build-up of moisture and odor.
- The fan comes with a Turbo mode which boosts fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 cu. ft./min to High Air CFM 188 cu. ft./min.
- For user convenience, available features are auto shut-off, auto-restart, and defrost.
Pros And Cons
4. Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Large-Capacity Energy Star Dehumidifier
With efficient moisture removal, this Ivation dehumidifier keeps your space cool with an area of up to 4,500 sq. ft. You enjoy a pleasant and safe environment with the prevention of mildew, molds, and structural cracks. Moreover, you and your family stay protected against asthma, mites, and allergens. Being Energy Star certified, it works efficiently and proves to be eco-friendly. Even after hours of operation, the power consumption stays in control.
At a glance, you can view different operating settings on its user-friendly display. On the LCD screen, you obtain alerts regarding the filter and reservoir. No need to buy extension cords because the unit comes with a 6 feet long three-prong power cord. Moreover, the air filter is washable to avoid expenses on frequent replacements. Simply rinse and reuse the filter when you receive a clean-filter alert.
Weighing only 40 pounds, it fits perfectly in most spaces. 4 smooth-rolling caster wheels are durably built. They streamline transportation to different rooms. The entire operation is quite simple; you just need to plug-in and choose settings. Accessories present in the pack are a humidistat, casters, air filter, and hose connector.
- The removable reservoir has a capacity of 1.3 gallons. It showcases a transparent level indicator.
- Ergonomic handles and cover offer ease of removal.
- For maintaining the proper humidity level, 2 fan speeds are available –regular and turbo.
- Auto-restart function with smart technology stores your settings. After a power outage, the unit automatically powers on.
- Auto-defrost function is eco-efficient; it avoids energy waste and defends evaporator coils.
- Built-in water level sensor activates automatic shut-off whenever reservoirs fill up to full capacity.
- LCD is equipped with a humidity sensor. It precisely showcases the existing humidity level in the room.
- From the LCD screen, you can set preferred levels for controlling moisture, allergens, and odor.
- Options shown on the LED screen are fan speed, humidistat, filter alert, time, and more.
Pros And Cons
5. TOSOT 4,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier (Energy Star)
Now you can maintain a proper humidity level in your entire home or basement or bathroom or bedroom with this TOSOT dehumidifier. It is a super-quiet appliance that rapidly removes off excess moisture from the air.
The ability to monitor humidity levels in real-time is the key aspect of this humidifier. After selecting the desired humidity level, its control panel shows the current humidity level. Once the target humidity level is reached, the unit turns off. If you wish to let the dehumidifier work constantly irrespective of the current humidity level then press the minus button till the control panel shows “NS.” Moreover, the dehumidifier will operate until the included drain bucket gets full. This would never occur if there is a constant drain setup.
To save time with automatic drainage, you can attach a 0.75-inch dehumidifier drain hose to this dehumidifier. If you don’t wish to get continuous drainage, use the detachable water bucket with a capacity of 2 gallons. It allows manual emptying of the dehumidifier and begins moisture removal once again.
- Being Energy Star rated, you will notice savings in your electricity bill. It can discard up to 50 pint of water every 24 hours which is identical to 70 pint units under the 2012 DOE standard.
- The lower humidity level enables your AC system to function more efficiently. This is since it is simpler to change the temperature of dry air when compared to humid air.
- After running for 250 hours, a filter light available on the display illuminates. It reminds you of cleaning.
- The filter can be wiped off periodically to let the dehumidifier work efficiently.
- The maximum sound level is 51 dB at the high speed. This indicates that the dehumidifier works quietly. No disturbances to your work and sleep.
Pros And Cons
6. Honeywell TP70WKN 70 Pint Dehumidifier
For big rooms and basements with an area up to 4,000 sq. ft., this is the best 70 pint dehumidifier from Honeywell. Every day, it can remove up to 70 pint of water per day from the air. Therefore, it protects curtains, walls, appliances, and furniture. Since it keeps the air dry, it can prolong the life of food. It is important to note that the efficiency of moisture removal relies on room size and moisture condition. Generally, the TP70WKN dehumidifier is perfect for living rooms, basements, storage rooms, and cellars.
Being Energy Star certified, the moisture removal takes place with reduced energy consumption. Compared to traditional dehumidifiers, the energy consumption is quite less. So, it saves you from paying the expensive electricity bill.
The washable filter removes odor. It has a filter change alert to indicate when it’s time for refilling. The front of the unit shows the current humidity level. Wheels glide smoothly to make sure the dehumidifier works quietly.
- The durably built air filter avoids penetration of dust. It is easy to clean under a faucet. No need for replacing the filter.
- With Filter Clean alert, you can know when to clean the filter to let the unit continue to work efficiently.
- The digital humidistat control triggers dehumidification automatically depending on pre-set room conditions.
- When not in use for a few hours, you can operate it in Sleep mode.
- Auto-restart function turns on after a power outage.
- The water tank contains patent-pending anti-slip splash guards. They prevent untidy spills.
- A soft grip on the handle of the water tank lets you easily empty the water.
- The included drain tube facilitates continuous operation for hours without monitoring.
- For automatic drainage, the drain tube can be connected to the continuous drain outlet.
Pros And Cons
What Is 70 Pint Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier discards excess moisture content from your environment. A 70 pint dehumidifier discards 70 pints of moisture per day. The biggest benefit of setting up a 70 pint dehumidifier is it can cover large spaces like large rooms, floors, garages, attics, etc. Because they discard significantly more moisture than smaller units, you need not run them much. Therefore, they save on energy consumption and money in the long run. Usually, they last longer because you need not run them all the time.
The key motive behind setting up a 70 pint dehumidifier is it protects your health. For those living or working in large spaces, this kind of dehumidifier prevents the buildup of mildew, molds, and other harmful factors.
The working mechanism of most 70 pint dehumidifiers is quite simple. They draw humid air via an inlet using a fan and an internal compressor. Subsequently, the air passes through cool coils that attract excess moisture and concentrate it within the reservoir. Finally, dry air is impelled back in the room.
How To Pick The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier?
From dozens of options available, it becomes confusing which one is the best 70 pint dehumidifier fulfilling all your needs. Take a look at the below section to easily pick the most suitable 70 pint dehumidifier.
1. Area of your indoor space
One of the most significant factors is to analyze an area of your indoor space. Accordingly, you can simplify your choice for a 70 point dehumidifier. Firstly, you need to measure the size as well as RH level of the room which demands moisture removal.
For an extremely wet indoor space, a 70 pint dehumidifier with 80 to 100% RH level can work well to dehumidify 500 to 800 sq. ft. On the other hand, for moderately damp indoor space with an area greater than 4000 sq. ft., a dehumidifier with 50 to 60% RH level works great.
2. Reservoir capacity
The reservoir in every 70 pint dehumidifier collects water vapor. So, it is crucial to know its capacity before purchasing. A 70 pint dehumidifier with a small reservoir suggests that you need to empty it more frequently. Those units with bigger tanks reduce the frequency of emptying but they occupy more space around. The average reservoir capacity is approx. 1.5 gallons. The maximum reservoir capacity found in some of the 70 pint dehumidifiers is up to 2.5 gallons.
70-pint dehumidifiers are not designed compactly and sometimes it can be difficult to move them around. It is quite difficult to carry them, so always look for portability before purchasing. Some models are equipped with wheels that simplify movement. Moreover, some 70 pint dehumidifiers come with handles to let you move them easily.
4. Simplicity of use
Certain functionalities simplify the operation for the user. You can consider buying a 70 pint dehumidifier equipped with a LED display and few marked buttons. This kind of display lets you know what controls to set. Another functionality you can consider is the simplicity of removing the bucket or reservoir. Essentially, this component can be tricky to remove and substitute in some units. So, always check whether its reservoir is easy to remove or not.
If a 70 pint dehumidifier comes with a water level indicator that greatly simplifies your hassles. This is because you can directly know how full it is and make decisions accordingly.
5. Extra features
To operate a 70 pint dehumidifier more effectively, you can consider some extra features. These may include direct drain, internal pumps, auto reset, automatic-humidistat, defrost, temperature settings, etc. These functionalities make the dehumidification process easy. Also, they let you operate the unit more conveniently.
FAQs for Picking The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier
1. Where do you find a 70 pint dehumidifier installed?
These dehumidifiers are critical in places with high moisture buildups like cellars, garages, and attics. Such areas let the moisture seep into the environment which severely affects your breathing quality. Also, a 70 pint dehumidifier is best to set up in those homes and offices that have high humidity levels.
2. What is the function of an auto-humidistat in a 70 pint dehumidifier?
An auto-humidistat can detect the moisture within the air and automatically turn it off after the desired level is attained.
3. How to make sure a 70 pint dehumidifier operates efficiently?
Regularly cleaning its air filter, at least once a week is recommended to let your dehumidifier work efficiently. Another tip is to unplug the unit while you are cleaning or emptying the container. Also, make sure the airflow is not constrained as it decreases the overall efficiency of a 70 pint dehumidifier.
4. How to get an energy-efficient 70 pint dehumidifier?
If you want to get the best 70 pint dehumidifier with good energy performance then consider buying the one that has an “Energy Star” recommendation. This recommendation guarantees that it works keeping in mind your energy cost.
5. What is the typical power consumption by 70 pint dehumidifier?
Compared to other electronic appliances, a 70 pint dehumidifier consumes much less electric power. Generally, big 70 pint dehumidifiers consume approx. 700 Watts of electricity per day. But if you set up an energy star rated dehumidifier and operate it for 10 hours a day then it may cost you less than $1.
Depending on the area of your indoor space and prevailing humidity level, you can choose the best 70 pint dehumidifier from the products discussed above. They efficiently reduce the humidity level in the environment and keep you protected from various ailments. Indirectly, they purify the air of your indoor space.
Enjoyed this 70 pint dehumidifier review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the best bathroom heater.