Including rice in your diet benefits you in several ways. Some of its health benefits include good source of protein, improving heart health, controlling blood sugar, curing skin cancer, and preventing obesity. It is one of the greatest versatile pantry staples but it can be a finicky thing to cook for some people. They can use a rice cooker to benefit from fast cooking with excellent taste. One of the most significant aspects to consider when buying a rice cooker is its capacity. Generally, a 6 cup rice cooker is a suitable choice for medium-sized or large-sized families.
These rice cookers prepare fluffy rice, preserve moisture during the warm cycle, avoid scorching, and are easy to clean. In addition to rice, they can cook various other recipes ranging from oatmeal to steamed vegetables. The following selection will assist you to pick the best 6 cup rice cooker according to your needs.
List of The Best 6 Cup Rice Cooker
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 6 cup rice cooker below.
1. Toshiba 6 Cup Rice Cooker Uncooked (3L)
Toshiba presents this best 6 cup rice cooker that excels in terms of advanced cooking technology, programmable features, and an efficient heating mechanism. As the rice cooks, the steam rises across the vent without creating messy overflow or bubbles.
It has 2 delay time options that help you to set the timer. Hence, the rice will be cooked when required. Simply add the rice or other grains in the morning and within a few hours, the recipe will be ready to eat. The included accessories are a steam basket, a serving spatula, a soup ladle, a non-stick pot, and a rice measuring cup.
- It is implemented with the intelligent 6-step cooking process and cutting-edge 3D cooking technology.
- The inner nonstick pot and the steam valve can retain the heat and steam for always cooking perfectly fluffy rice.
- It contains 7 pre-programmed settings that help you to cook brown rice, white rice, short or long-grained rice, mixed rice, oatmeal, and porridge.
- It also supports 12 cups of cooked rice for serving to a whole family.
- The “Quick Rise” feature uses the sensor to speed up the cooking time to 30 minutes. This feature is an excellent time-saving option.
- The cleaning process is simplified with the inner lid and a removable air vent.
- Other advanced features include fuzzy logic and pre-set and delay timer functions.
- Dimensions and weight:14.48 x 10.66 x 8.34 inches; 8.93 pounds.
Pros And Cons
2. CUCKOO 6-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
CUCKOO 6-Cup micom rice cooker supports a versatile multi-cook function. Through this function, you can cook various recipes ranging from quinoa to oatmeal. You can choose various recipes from 13 menu options including white rice, scorched rice, sticky rice, porridge, GABA rice, baby food, and more.
With its capacity of 6 cups, it is best suitable for a small family feast and guests. You just need to discard the lid after use for easy cleaning. The pack contains accessories like a rice spatula, a nonstick inner pot, a rice measuring cup, and a product manual.
- You can effortlessly prepare various recipes with the features like a contemporary LCD screen, user-friendly digital controls, and a rice measuring cup.
- Fuzzy Logic technology ensures that rice cooking is always flawless.
- The nonstick inner pot offers excellent durability. It is easy to clean after each use.
- The auto-clean function effectively cleans the cooker’s interior through steam. Moreover, the cleaning process is simplified with a removable water drainage tray.
- You can choose among 3 flavors and 3 texture options (soft, sticky, savory).
- The automatic sterilization system avoids bacterial accumulation and discards bad odors by flowing steam all through the rice cooker.
- Dimensions and weight: 9.4 x 12.7 x 8.5 inches; 7.7 pounds.
Pros And Cons
3. Zojirushi NHS-10 6 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
You will always cook delicious recipes with the precise measurement with the help of this Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup rice cooker. It guarantees excellent taste although the volume of the cooked rice expands up to 0.75 inch of the peak of the cooking pot. Some of the extraordinary aspects of the cooker are easy to clean, versatile, durable, affordable, and has no battery hassles.
The stay-cool knob is attached to the transparent glass lid. This lid lets you observe the cooking process. Moreover, you can customize a few parameters of the cooking process through a single switch control. You can easily and safely access the cooked recipe using stainless steel steaming tray and a nonstick inner cooking pan (removable). The pack has accessories like a spatula, a measuring cup, and a removable cord for convenient storage.
- The rice cooker and the warmer perfectly steam the food and keep it warm with the help of the “automatic keep-warm function”.
- The automatic keep-warm function and transparent glass lid activate instantly after food is cooked.
- The durable stay-cool handles guarantee safe handling.
- The electrical rating is 120V/500W.
- Dimensions and weight: 8.5 x 10.5 x 8.5 inches; 4.7 pounds.
Pros And Cons
4. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
Syncro-cooking function “tacook” is the central aspect of this TIGER rice cooker that makes it one of the best 6 cup rice cookers in the list. This function allows cooking rice and the main dish simultaneously and thus accelerates the cooking process. To use this function, you simply have to place rice in the inner pot and place a tacook cooking plate over it. Now press start. Consequently, your rice and main dish will be cooked at once.
The durable build quality, ease of use, and compact footprint make sure the price of this rice cooker is worthwhile. You can slow-cook your preferred recipes and can always obtain fluffy rice. The included accessories are a spatula, a spatula holder, a cooking plate, a rice measuring cup, and a cookbook. You can refer to the cookbook to learn how to cook Japanese dishes. The paddle is equipped with a stand.
- 4 cooking menu settings are Slow cooking, Synchrony-cooking, Plain rice, and Brown rice.
- The nonstick-coated inner pan is easy to clean.
- The electric rating is 672W.
- Tiger’s cooking plate makes sure the flavors from the cooking plate don’t affect the texture and flavor of the rice.
- Dimensions and weight: 10.6 x 13.9 x 8.4 inches; 5.7 pounds.
Pros And Cons
5. Narita 6-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker
You can cook 2 to 12 cups of rice using this Narita rice cooker. It saves your cooking time because it can steam and cook rice simultaneously. Its compact design and user-friendly features make it suitable for business professionals and travelers. You can use it to enjoy freshly cooked rice at your workplace or travel destination.
The device is a blend of a rice cooker and a warmer. Moreover, this rice cooker retains all nutrition of the grains and keeps your meals warm. The easy one-touch operation suggests the user-friendliness of the cooker. You also get a spatula, a steam tray, and a measuring cup from the pack.
- 24-hour keep warm function provides a comprehensive heating mechanism for efficient heating.
- It is safe to touch the cooker due to its cool-touch exterior.
- The non-stick inner pot, inner metal lid, and bowl are removable and easy to clean.
- Dimensions and weight: 17.65 x 10.87 x 10.52 inches; 5.83 pounds.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 6 Cup Rice Cooker?
The following factors streamline your purchasing decision for the best 6 cup rice cooker.
1. Key features
Most rice cookers can cook rice and other grains. It is better to choose a versatile rice cooker implemented with various cooking features like keep hot, dishwasher-safe, a simple interface, and easy cleanup.
Many rice cookers contain presets that can be used for different rice types. These presets come with adjustments to make your rice softer or firmer than normal. However, a basic rice cooker contains only an on/off switch without additional settings.
You can look for the material used in the cooking pot and the overall rice cooker’s construction. It is better to buy a 6-cup rice cooker that has a cooking pot with a non-stick coating to avoid scratches. The 6 cup rice cookers made up of stainless steel are quite durable, healthy, and easy to clean.
4. Ease of use
Certain 6 cup cookers are technologically more advanced than other standard rice cookers. They are simpler to use since they support more options. These rice cookers from reliable brands employ fuzzy logic to determine when rice becomes ready to eat. This functionality adjusts for cooking times, temperature, rice types, rice doneness, preferences, and other environmental factors. The addition of fuzzy logic can make a 6-cup rice cooker expensive but it ensures reliability.
5. Additional accessories
You must check for the accessories included in the package to use the rice cooker more. Most 6-cup rice cookers contain a cooking pot, measuring cup, rice paddle, or spatula. These accessories are useful every time you cook rice.
Certain manufacturers provide more accessories like rice washers, steaming baskets, recipe books, and rice storage container. The inclusion of essential accessories will help you cook various recipes more conveniently. Moreover, they make sure you will not need to separately purchase any accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking 6 Cup Rice Cookers
1. How to effectively clean a rice cooker?
Before you start cleaning a rice cooker, make sure it is off and has cooled down. Now remove the removable and cooking inserts. You can use a sponge to clean the lid of the cooker. Make sure you never submerge it in water. You can use a damp sponge or cloth to clean the interior and exterior of the cooking bases.
2. What different recipes can you prepare using a 6 cup rice cooker?
You can cook various grains with the best 6 cup rice cookers including farro (grits), barley, oatmeal, and quinoa. Certain rice cookers contain steaming inserts. They can steam vegetables, fish, and meat. Moreover, you can cook recipes for cakes, pancakes, egg dishes, and other baked foods. You can also cook coconut rice, fried rice, Spanish rice, rice pudding, lentils, pasta, etc.
3. Is it safe to use a rice cooker?
It is safer to use a rice cooker than to cook rice on an open stovetop. The reason is they are autonomous and use electric heating elements. So, there is a lower risk of fire than with an electric or gas-powered stovetop. Moreover, a quality rice cooker automatically shuts itself off when the rice is cooked. You don’t need to pay constant attention while the cooking process continues. There is no probability of kitchen fires.
4. Are budget rice cookers worth the investment?
Usually, many people think that a budget rice cooker may not last long and will underperform compared to high-end rice cookers. It may be true to some extent but certain reliable manufacturers are making feature-rich rice cookers at a cost-effective price. They don’t have all the cutting-edge features. However, they can efficiently cook rice, oatmeal, quinoa, and steamed veggies. Hence, it is worth buying a budget rice cooker from reputable brands because they last for years if decently maintained.
Investing in a 6-cup rice cooker is one of the easiest ways to improve the health of your family and enjoy delicious recipes whenever you want. The best 6 cup rice cooker benefits you with fast cooking, outstanding taste, ease of cleaning, durable construction, etc. The 6-cup capacity of these cookers improves your cooking efficiency and helps you to serve savory recipes to multiple persons at once. You can use them to cook delicious rice.
Enjoyed this article on the best 6 cup rice cooker? Then be sure to check out our other guides.