Fast data transmission and high-speed Internet connectivity have become inevitable in today’s era. With the use of a WiFi router, these requirements are fulfilled. The widespread use of 3G/4G Wi-Fi routers has facilitated quick data transmission and easy access to powerful Internet connectivity. With wide prevalence, the best 3G/4G router has now been commonly used in workplaces and homes.
These routers come with high-end based terminals with the broadest bandwidth to allow huge data transfer. They also come with necessary security features to ensure safe communication. When you go through the specialties of these routers described below, you can easily get the best 3G/4G LTE router.
List of The Best 3G/4G Router
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 3G/4G router in 2022 below.
For those users demanding fast connection with exceptional security, this is the best 3G/4G router for their needs. With this wireless 3G/4G portable router, you can share a 3G/3.75G mobile connection with other people in a home or office or while traveling.
It is being powered by a power adapter or a laptop. If you have a laptop, you can directly power this router and a wireless cloud is created. Consequently, it can be shared with Android phones, iPads, and many other portable WiFi-enabled devices. When you connect a 3G USB modem to this router, a 3G Wi-Fi hotspot is established instantly. Available modes are Access Point, WISP, and Router modes.
The presence of a mini USB port and the travel-friendly design makes this router portable. With the mentioned port, you can connect the router to a power adapter or laptop to be used as a power supply.
- The interfaces it supports are a 10/100Mbps WAN/LAN port, a mini USB port for power supply, and a USB 2.0 port for a 3G modem.
- List of wireless standards it supports are IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, and IEEE 802.11b.
- The IP QoS function leads to optimum usage of bandwidth. Moreover, it provides bandwidth control over congestion and avoids bandwidth abuse.
- With a one-button security setup, the router enables users to quickly set up their security. All that is required is pressing the WPS button and then the router automatically establishes a WPA2 secure connection. No need to remember the password.
- The router is compatible with select ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T Mobile USB modems.
- Available buttons are reset button, mode switch, and quick setup security button.
Pros And Cons
RUT240 is a compact yet powerful industrial router widely used for professional M2M and IoT applications. It delivers high performance for any cellular communication. Moreover, it is extensively used for remote connection, advanced VPN, 4G backup, and tunneling services in IoT networking solutions.
The LTE support lets you relish the LTE internet connection whether you use the router at a home or office or a camping place. Moreover, the support for high-speed LTE CAT4 lets the router provide speeds of up to 70 Mbps. With the built-in WiFi connectivity, you can get rid of awkward Ethernet-based on-site maintenance. Alternatively, you can use it to save some SIM data of your phone for online check-ups.
Network management is simplified with the external SIM holder and LEDs that show signal strength status. Furthermore, external antenna connectors let you connect desired antennas and effortlessly locate the finest signal location. Even in rigorous environments, this router delivers outstanding performance for cellular communication.
Digital input/output is available for remote monitoring and control. The router is compatible with the Teltonika Remote Management System. The external SIM slot allows you to insert or substitute a SIM card easily. Subsequently, the device would connect to the network without requiring a reboot.
- The data transfer rate is up to150 Mbps.
- The wireless communication standard it supports is 802.11 b/g/n.
- The bands it supports include 4G (LTE-FDD): B2, B4, B12, and 3G: B2, B4, B5.
- WAN failover promises automatic switching to another backup connection if any connectivity issues arise.
- The Wi-Fi can work in Station mode and Access point simultaneously.
- Through configurable inputs, you can supervise external events.
- You can receive alerts remotely through e-mail or SMS.
- 2 Ethernet ports are included.
Pros And Cons
When it comes to the ability to connect a large number of WiFi devices to a network, this is the best 3G/4G LTE router on this list. It can access up to 32 WiFi devices. When you connect these many WiFi devices, your network transforms into a home entertainment or information exchange hub. Each of the connected devices will receive high-speed access to the Internet. Especially for small businesses, this Huawei router is a perfect choice.
- Huawei B311 is implemented with the latest LTE Category 4 technology.
- For 4G LTE, it supports a download speed of up to 150 Mbps whereas, for 3G, the download speed is up to 43.2 Mbps.
- On the 2.4 GHz band, the wireless standards it supports are 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- A telephone port and a 1G port for LAN/WLAN are available.
- Routing modes it supports are NAT enable (Default) or IP pass-through (optional)
Customer management is possible through Web UI or HUAWEI AI Life App (Android or iOS).
Pros And Cons
The best 3G/4G router for offices can be the one that provides stable and high-speed Internet connectivity. The Yeacomm 3G/4G LTE CPE router exactly meets this need and this is why it is highly prevalent for small and large businesses. Along with stability and fast speed, you will also enjoy a secure online experience. Not just 3G but it also supports a 4G wireless connection.
In this 4G mobile router, two external antennas i.e. 4G cellular antenna and a WiFi antenna are present. Both of them contribute towards strong signal reception resulting in powerful Internet connectivity. A SIM card slot is available; simply insert a SIM card and enjoy powerful WiFi connectivity. This slot is useful for those people who don’t have fiber cable and use a SIM card for connectivity.
This 3G/4G LTE router is well-known for supporting multi-bands and most cellular networks prevalent in the world. Apart from fulfilling the basic expectations of users i.e. speed and coverage, the router is also implemented with tons of advanced features. So, you can make the most of it as per the need, and therefore, the router proves its versatility. From the pack, you get all the necessary accessories like a power adapter, a cable, and a user manual.
- WiFi standards it supports are 802.11 b/g/n.
- The data transfer rate is 150 Mbps.
- The security protocol implemented is WPS.
- Supported frequency band include FDD: B2/B3/B4/ B5/ B7/B8 /B28, TDD: 38/39/40/41, and 3G HSPA+: 850 MHz/900 MHz/1900 MHz.
- 32 users can connect to the WiFi network simultaneously.
- Other features are band locking function, IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack, L2tp VPN, and TR069 management.
- From the LED indicator display, you can know the working status of this router.
- 2 RJ11 and 4 RJ45 ports are included.
Pros And Cons
This KuWFi router is useful to provide Internet access indoors and outdoors. Its broad WiFi coverage makes it stand out from other routers in the market. The alternate name of this router is the extender strong signal car WiFi router. This name is derived from the fact that the router can boost the signal and ultimately provide strong wireless connectivity. With a USB port, you can connect compatible devices and make the most of this router.
This high-performance wireless router is equipped with a MIPS networking processor. This processor streamlines its entire operation to make it suitable for homes, enterprises, and offices. With 4 detachable antennas and an external power amplifier, the WiFi signal at the output is always stable and supports broad coverage. It is primarily due to the external antennas that you benefit from strong signal reception. The mentioned components make the router suitable for commercial usages.
At once, you can connect up to 32 devices. Users can gain Internet access through UMTS/HSPA/LTE. Accessories in the pack are a 12V DC power adapter, a SIM card adapter tool, 4 antennas (5 dBi), and a manual.
- The maximum data transfer rate is 300 Mbps.
- Wireless standards compatible are IEEE 802.11b/g/n.
- The signal coverage ranges from 300 to 500 m. It primarily relies on signal strength.
- A 10/100Mbps WAN port, 4 10/100Mbps LAN ports, and a USB 2.0 port are included.
- For quick file sharing, the router supports the FTP server, SAMBA, and DLNA.
- To meet various requirements, the router support wireless AP, WiFi Router multi-operation mode.
- For secure operation, it supports 128-bit WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK security standards.
- With an incorporated DHCP Server, the router can assign an IP address for the connected wireless access point.
- Other features supported are PPPOE, static IP, dynamic IP in gateway operation mode, SSID broadcasting, Multi SSID, VLAN tag, Chinese SSID (with a built-in firewall), IP filter, URL filter, MAC filter, VPN, and AC management.
- The router information comprises of IMEI code.
- Open Source OpenWRT offers enhanced performance of the OS’ firmware.
- The SIM card slot can accept USA/Canada/Mexico SIM cards.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 3G/4G Router?
If you are clueless on how to pick up the best 3G/4G router, the below section assists you with the important factors to consider.
1. Number of Antennas
The essence of powerful Internet connectivity relies on strong signal reception. The components responsible for powerful signal reception are nothing but antennas. It is better to choose a 3G/4G router with multiple antennas and those antennas should support strong signal reception.
An efficient external antenna can effectively extend the range of a wireless router. As a result, it can provide broad coverage in all areas of your home and office. If there are multiple rooms in your home or multiple workplaces in your office then consider buying a 3G/4G router with multiple antennas.
2. Data transfer rate
Occasionally, it seems a hassle to transfer a huge amount of data between your devices. Fortunately, you can get a 3G/4G router that can support fast data transfer rate. As discussed in the list above, you can get a 3G WiFi router supporting a data transfer rate of 150 Mbps. This rate is considered satisfactory when it comes to fast data transmission. If you frequently need to transfer a huge amount of data then you need to prioritize this factor while buying.
3. Availability of USB ports
In almost every device we use today, USB ports are available. The reason behind purchasing a 3G/4G router with a USB port is it allows sharing of data from a USB drive with other devices present on the network. Certain 3G routers even allow 3G data dongles to be connected which lets you share them with others connected to the particular router.
A 3G/4G router with a USB port proves to be versatile because it allows sharing a printer and get printouts from the device present in that network. Moreover, USB ports on some high-end 3G/4G routers can be used to convert some USB devices like web cameras into network devices. The same can be again used by devices already connected to the network.
4. Availability of Gigabit Ethernet ports
If your key focus is on a very fast data transfer rate then you can consider a 3G/4G router with Gigabit Ethernet ports. With careful research, you can find a 3G/4G router featuring these ports that provide ten times the data transfer speeds compared to a conventional 100Mbps connection. Keep in mind that to attain the 1000Mbps data transfer rate, other Gigabit compatible wired devices should be connected to the router through a CAT6 or CAT5e cable.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking The Best 3G/4G Router
1. What is a 3G/4G modem?
It is a device that enables a computer to connect to the Internet through a high-speed mobile broadband connection. This implies that the Internet signal gets broadcasted over the airwaves instead of being sent and received via a telephone line or cable.
2. Why it is beneficial to use an 802.11ac 3G/4G router?
The upcoming wireless standard called 802.11ac claims to deliver higher speeds than 802.11n. The speed is higher than 1 Gbps. Since it is a forthcoming technology, not a lot of devices support it. Some market leaders like Samsung and Apple have launched devices that support 802.11ac. It is possible to get the best 3G/4G router with 802.11ac support at an affordable price.
3. What is the use of the WPS button in a 3G/4G router?
The WPS button allows you to activate the wireless protection. With a single click, you can easily set up a secure wireless network instantly. With this button, you can decide whether to use an only a wired connection or not. If you want to only use the wired connection, you can pause the WiFi option by pressing the button; no need to manipulate other settings.
4. What is the specialty of a 3G/4G router with an IPv6 address?
IPv6 is the newest version of the Internet protocol which all of us use unintentionally while our devices get connected to the internet. A 3G/4G router with IPv6 address support provides more IP addresses. So, it becomes easy to allocate new IP addresses to the continually growing number of devices connected to the Internet.
Connect your multiple devices and enjoy fast Internet connectivity with the best 3G/4G router in 2022 from this list. Apart from fast data transmission and powerful connectivity, they are also popular for wide compatibility with devices. There are fewer odds of signal interferences. Also, they come with essential security features to ensure safe access to the Internet.
Enjoyed this? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best 5Ghz Router.